test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just admit the BoP item changes are to protect PW profits, not for "unique" items

Comments

• daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I rather think most of the people complaining about it are exactly the people that caused this change. How many threads have there been about the evils of the need people stealing things they clearly don't need but just need for profit and the other shenanigans done to keep the rewards for a few like dumping most of the party from the group. etc... And the same threads have all demanded that Bind on Pickup be implemented.

Hey it looks like the devs listened to what people asked for and implemented it.

This is a nice post from an obtuse point of view.

I am complaining about this change. I have never stolen. I have never cheated, and I don't need roll other peoples loot to sell, only what I can equip but don't need. Enjoy your solo game and getting a queue if this goes live.

This isn't about all loot being separated by need/greed. This is about ALL dungeon loot becoming bind on pickup and thus, remaining off of the AH to keep rarity, scarcity and all of the finances in hands of the very very rich.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • mullersmutt2mullersmutt2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    Enjoy your solo game and getting a queue if this goes live.

Darn right.
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My guild does profit share runs where the GL sells the item and everyone that was on the run gets a cut in keys.

This change would be awful. We'd have no reason to run anything anymore.

Gauntlegrym isn't going to cut it.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    Anyone else find it hilarious that this crippling change to how the community farmed AD comes right after Zen prices drop in cash shop?

What a coincidence!

Of course, right after a ton of AD was milked out of players.
    edited June 2013
    Of course that's why we're complaining. Without selling epic gear on AH, how are we possibly supposed to afford anything? If the only way to get an epic mount or an expensive companion is to pay for it, then there shouldn't be an AD/Zen conversion system at all. At this point it just exists so that a disingenuous tag-line of "everything can be bought with in game currency!" can be dropped in interviews. I'm remaining optimistic though that there will be something released to enable meaningful AD gains in the future.

If that something meaningful is 'dailies'.. that is also the end. I am not playing WoW again.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BoP is being implemented because it's Perfect World. They perfected the strategy of free 2 play MMOs.

1. License or buy F2P mmo
    2. Milk the initial hype and make cash shop items pay to get best stuff faster
    3. Implement features such as BoP to make game last longer
    4. Implement 1 major patch every 8 months.
    5. Let game die and find new MMO to milk and kill.
  • golbleengolbleen Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First PW is trying to bilk you out of cash by letting you buy endgame gear with real money....

Now PW is trying to bilk you out of cash by not letting you sell your endgame gear to other players.

Make up your minds.

Never mind that you can still scrap your unneeded epics for AD at a vendor mob they're going to implement, so there will still always be a reason to run dungeons and snag as much loot as possible.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    golbleen wrote: »
    First PW is trying to bilk you out of cash by letting you buy endgame gear with real money....

Now PW is trying to bilk you out of cash by not letting you sell your endgame gear to other players.

Make up your minds.

Never mind that you can still scrap your unneeded epics for AD at a vendor mob they're going to implement, so there will still always be a reason to run dungeons and snag as much loot as possible.

You can't possibly think the amount of AD a vendor is going to give you will compare to what you would have gotten on AH. Swashbuckler's Armor is going for 1.3 million AD on AH at the moment. Do you think the Vender is going to give you even a million?
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will cut down on all the trade spam in chat at least. Hopefully.

I do not really care. I get skunked every dungeon anyway for loot and cannot afford any of the good stuff on ah anyway. So for me it is not really a game breaker. I usually run em for fun because there is nothing else to do at 60 with my friends.

Most of the tier 1 stuff is not really meant to be run on toons with 10k gear score. It trivializes the content to the point where most just skip it and buy t2 items right away. There is to much t2 gear flooding the market for dirt cheap right now. It has literally come to the point where it has started to obsolete T1 content and end game progression.

As is there is not much endgame. The way it all works now, a fresh 60 can just buy pretty wicked t2 gear for dirt and skip half the end game. Then be stuck in a position where they are bored and complain about nothing to do because they got all the gear. This new system will encourage new characters to actually run the content. This is good and will in the long run produce more seasoned skilled players who know and understand the mechanics of the game. They are adding a tiered progression to the end game for the average joe.

Sure it is bad for the guy who is a pro merchant but that's the breaks. MMO games are about grind, progression and adventure. Not buying everything and calling it a day. The games where you can just buy your way to the best gear never ever last. People get bored to fast and leave.

A healthy economy in a mmo game is a good thing but lets be honest here, This games was a bit to good. Neverwinters economic state has been its downfall since day 1 and has probably done more harm then good up to this point. We needed a change.
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn.

Good bye all.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they must introduce this system then IMHO it should be added only for drops from Gaunt onwards , that would at least give people a more even playing field to be able to catch up to those of us already fully kitted out . That way everybody suffers from the same point onwards in the game.
  • levelfivemagelevelfivemage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vikoon wrote: »
    So you are done with the game if you can't continue to "need" on loot that you technically don't need? That is the impression that I get from all the whine associated with items going BoP. Items like rings and amulets and non set items will most likely still be BoE, the main reason I see to implement a change on items is to prevent ninjas from taking set items from other players that can actually use the item.

Yes I know that technically if you had 2 CW's in your group that one could need an item that they don't need. But no system is perfect. The way they are going with set items becoming BoP is a step in the right direction. If you are bothered by a positive change like this than you are more likely ticked off because you can't need on items that you only want to sell. This is the way the game should have been in the first place in my opinion.

For all those that farmed till their eyes bled, well you will clearly be in a better spot for a while. But all things come to an end and things will balance out much better in the long run with this system in place.

Respectfully, you sir are an idiot. If you're so worried about ninja's stealing items they don't need you must be smoking something much stronger then what I've got. Make some friends, it's pretty easy if you're not a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and talk to people(especially with in game voice). This "fix" is nothing more then a kneejerk reaction to the good groups of players that found ways to make massive amounts of AD, converting it to Zen getting free $30-40 items. PW isn't seeing **** from this and they have to get their cut. The only thing worth selling after this will be enchants which cost a fair bit of zen(or you get **** lucky every 7 days) to produce which well sounds pretty malevolent but with the reputation of PW I can't come to any other conclusion.
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    at least tell the truth...thankfully I haven't spent a cent on this game cause I don't see myself sticking with it if these changes go through.

This change only hurts their profits and the AD exchange rate is proof of that. Unfortunately they listened too much to the complainers. The bottom line is less people need to buy AD which also means less zen being sold. Some gamers are happy for this change. Only the company profits will suffer from this change.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn.

Good bye all.

Pay to play game and this one isnt. I think I shall play both.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Respectfully, you sir are an idiot. If you're so worried about ninja's stealing items they don't need you must be smoking something much stronger then what I've got. Make some friends, it's pretty easy if you're not a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and talk to people(especially with in game voice). This "fix" is nothing more then a kneejerk reaction to the good groups of players that found ways to make massive amounts of AD, converting it to Zen getting free $30-40 items. PW isn't seeing **** from this and they have to get their cut. The only thing worth selling after this will be enchants which cost a fair bit of zen(or you get **** lucky every 7 days) to produce which well sounds pretty malevolent but with the reputation of PW I can't come to any other conclusion.

Cant deny others their class loot so you can sell it on the AH, which is more important than them upgrading their gear anymore eh?

Here's an idea. Want loot? Play the game.

The entire claim that there will no reason to sell anything on the Ah anymore is exaggerated hyperbole. One category of loot is affected. There will be plenty of stuff to use AD to buy on the AH.

I am glad that those who PLAY THE GAME are getting the first shot at the best loot over the wallet elite.

P.S. Ad Hominem is not a valid debate tactic.
    edited June 2013
    This "fix" is nothing more then a kneejerk reaction to the good groups of players that found ways to make massive amounts of AD, converting it to Zen getting free $30-40 items. PW isn't seeing **** from this and they have to get their cut.
    Somebody must be buying the ZEN in the first place to sell for AD so PW are getting a cut , unless there is a way to exchange AD to ZEN that I'm not aware of.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Cant deny others their class loot so you can sell it on the AH, which is more important than them upgrading their gear anymore eh?

The entire claim that there will no reason to sell anything on the Ah anymore is exaggerated hyperbole. One category of loot is affected. There will be plenty of stuff to use AD to buy on the AH.

I am glad that those who PLAY THE GAME are getting the first shot at the best loot over the wallet elite.

P.S. Ad Hominem is not a valid debate tactic.

You calling everyone who disagrees with you a ninja looter is Ad Hominem, and "wallet elite" isn't any better. You know they could have simply made items that were "Need"-rolled by BoP. Then your entire "you're just a ninja!" argument wouldn't be applicable. But they didn't do that, because that's not what the change was intended to fix.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Somebody must be buying the ZEN in the first place to sell for AD so PW are getting a cut , unless there is a way to exchange AD to ZEN that I'm not aware of.

In game next to the icon for the Zen store on the top of the screen is a button that brings you to the AD Exchange
    edited June 2013
    You calling everyone who disagrees with you a ninja looter is Ad Hominem, as "wallet elite" isn't any better. You know they could have simply made items that were "Need"-rolled by BoP. Then your entire "you're just a ninja!" argument wouldn't be applicable. But they didn't do that, because that's not what the change was intended to fix.

Nope. I didn't call everyone who disagrees with me an ninja looter. Reading comprehension fail.

I quoted one poster and gave him a taste of his own straw man medicine.

The change was intended to fix people getting loot free. They either have to play the game to get it or buy It from cryptic. That's how p2w works. Those who support it dug their own hole...
  • stubbedtoesstubbedtoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    brello wrote: »
    The need issue could have easily been fixed by making a needed item BoP.

That is the path they should have taken. If no one needs it for their character, let it go to greed so everyone has a chance to sell the item. That way people can still get gear they need while keeping the markets flowing and players running dungeons. Other games made it work that way and it worked great. If this change goes through there will be fewer people willing to run dungeons.
  • levelfivemagelevelfivemage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Cryptic/PW puts Zen up for sale every day. They have to considering their claim that Zen store items can be purchased with in game currency. By SLOWING the rate at which any player can gain AD(and Zen from the exchange) they are hoping people will be inclined to spend more on their newly and permanently discounted mounts, ect since it's going to take a lot longer from just farming AD and converting it. You can already see the effect of this announcement with the price of Zen going up almost 30 points in a few hours. This was never about stopping people from "paying to win" by converting their Zen into AD for Castle Never gear. I can't imagine they would want to prevent idiot rogues from paying $100 for a helmet if people were actually buying up tons of Zen, converting it to AD and buying AH gear. No this to prevent those of us who found ways to get $100 of in game items quickly and for free.
  • yliana1yliana1 Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »

lol?

You do realize that there is a chance that you end up having 0 top gear at the end right?
    or maybe 2 pieces of a set,and never get the other pieces etc.

And if that guy said there is no reason to sell anything,he has a point.. Why would i sell anything or rather buy anything when i am fully aware that i will most likely never have a full set of gear or that awesome weapon/insert any other thing that drops BoP and is RNG based if you ever get it or not.

No sorry,that has nothing to do with "play the game if you want gear" ... there is no way to work towards that top lvl gear other then hoping the RNG godess smiles upon you after the change hits,if she doesnt you remain "ungeared" and in this game,that is not something you want to be,not cause of the game,but because of the community ^.^

My 2c,not that anyone cares..
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic/PW puts Zen up for sale every day. They have to considering their claim that Zen store items can be purchased with in game currency. By SLOWING the rate at which any player can gain AD(and Zen from the exchange) they are hoping people will be inclined to spend more on their newly and permanently discounted mounts, ect since it's going to take a lot longer from just playing. You can already see the effect of this announcement with the price of Zen going up almost 30 points in a few hours. This was never about stopping people from "paying to win" by converting their Zen into AD for Castle Never gear. I can't imagine they would want to prevent idiot rogues from paying $100 for a helmet if people were actually buying up tons of Zen, converting it to AD and buying AH gear. No this to prevent those of us who found ways to get $100 of in game items quickly and for free.

Yep. Paid for my Ioun Stone and epic mount with t2 on the AH.

Get it while the getting is good people.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure why it would protect any profit, there is no gear in the store, and the crafts aren't any good. Actually, people buying ADs to get gear should make far more profits than a couple of dragon eggs.
  • alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Complete silliness. There just isn't any other way to put it.
    edited June 2013
    yliana1 wrote: »
    lol?

You do realize that there is a chance that you end up having 0 top gear at the end right?
    or maybe 2 pieces of a set,and never get the other pieces etc.

And if that guy said there is no reason to sell anything,he has a point.. Why would i sell anything or rather buy anything when i am fully aware that i will most likely never have a full set of gear or that awesome weapon/insert any other thing that drops BoP and is RNG based if you ever get it or not.

No sorry,that has nothing to do with "play the game if you want gear" ... there is no way to work towards that top lvl gear other then hoping the RNG godess smiles upon you after the change hits,if she doesnt you remain "ungeared" and in this game,that is not something you want to be,not cause of the game,but because of the community ^.^

My 2c,not that anyone cares..

Not really, because when I make groups at 60 Im either including one other of my class or zero other of my class. The chances of me earning loot PLAYING THE GAME have drastically increased, in orders of magnitude. When that gear drops and only my class can need on it, I win. So does everyone else in the group when their class loot drops. This has absolutely everything to do with "play the game if you want gear".

Office pool on the percentage of people threatening to leave if this happens who will still be here after this happens threatening to leave after they find out what's in the next patch. Im going high, in the upper 90s. Some will vote with their wallet, the rest are posting hyperbole on what the impact of this will be.
  • swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vikoon wrote: »
    So you are done with the game if you can't continue to "need" on loot that you technically don't need? That is the impression that I get from all the whine associated with items going BoP ... If you are bothered by a positive change like this than you are more likely ticked off because you can't need on items that you only want to sell.

To claim that people dislike this change simply because they can't N2AH is disingenuous at best. It's painfully obvious the main reason they are doing this is because they can't be arsed to actually test their instances properly and correct the damage they've allowed to run rampant for God knows how long until it becomes so severe they are forced to repair it. Hell, Castle Never is still being exploited, and they knew about it before, during, and after a major patch that included instance fixes. They are throwing the baby out with the bathwater to cover up a mess they made, and a lot of people have reached their major frustration point at this announcement because it's going to affect a lot of players who have been making money and gathering items in 100% legitimate ways who will be forced into an ***-backwards system if they continue playing because PW can't react in a timely manner.

For many people, farming instances and rolling it into astral, zen, and gear for alts is the end game of current Neverwinter. Castle Never is a joke, and now it can be a joke that only takes you fifteen minutes if you want. Gauntylgrym? Based on the test server and items leaked, that will hold peoples attentions for just about the two seconds it takes to realize that a)The loot as a whole isn't better than what's currently available, and b)the PvP balance in this game was designed by a coked-out chimpanzee who loses focus if a fight takes more than three-button presses. The good players are running together in groups and splitting profits from the runs without using exploits and making a killing from it and I think that's what truly annoys them about this whole situation. You don't have to use your Credit Card when you can afford to purchase Zen items in-game with a little effort. Nobody is getting ninja looted, no random PUG is getting an item taken from him so it can go onto the AH, and more importantly it is keeping people playing the game and moving the astral and zen markets.

If this game had a depth of items with some true diversity, going a mass BOP route may have actually been a good move. As it currently stands, it's gutting a large portion of their content for some flimsy excuse of keeping that one set of gear you are going to wear just like everyone else so it's 'unique'.

When I got a steam message from a friend telling me about the change I thought he was just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with me. No way, no how did I think they would pull something like this especially after how badly the new game shine has been hit over the past few weeks.
    edited June 2013
    In game next to the icon for the Zen store on the top of the screen is a button that brings you to the AD Exchange
    Yeah I know that , I just always assumed that it was other players who were selling the ZEN for AD and if that is the case then PW are making something from it because the other players have to buy it in the first place in order to sell it , if however its PW who is swapping ZEN for AD then my mistake.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I know that , I just always assumed that it was other players who were selling the ZEN for AD and if that is the case then PW are making something from it because the other players have to buy it in the first place in order to sell it , if however its PW who is swapping ZEN for AD then my mistake.

People can do it but there is a strong possibility that PW has controls in place for market regulation. There was confirmation about a min value hardcoded in too.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    People can do it but there is a strong possibility that PW has controls in place for market regulation. There was confirmation about a min value hardcoded in too.

Yes, I remember that as well. Isn't it a 150 minimum with a 500 maximum value?