test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skill nodes.

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, read the other threads about skill nodes being nerfed for an explanation.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like nodes start dropping items from the robe of useless junk.

Yes, those, and also the treasure items you can always get from skill nodes (but just one of those and nothing else).

Neverwinter Census 2017

• ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure that resetting quest instances for the sole purpose of farming chests and nodes was never intended behavior to begin with. Resetting quest instances should not be used for anything other than allowing players to continue their quests if they had to log out or got disconnected and were subsequently moved out of the instance.

Why do you think they won't let people put chests or nodes in their foundry projects? Because people would create foundry projects that were nothing more than a single room with as many chests and skill nodes as they could possibly fit in it, up to whatever limits were allowed by the foundry, for the sole purpose of going in, getting all the loot, then going back outside to reset the place and do it all over again.

They put those things in the quest instances so players would get some treasure out of the quest dungeon they were doing, not so you could just grab them all then log out and back in to reset the whole thing for you to loot it some more.

As for nodes outside of instances, those should not have had any changes done to them, because the very nature of being outside means that they are quite possibly contested, and removing the ability to farm nodes in a place that's always entirely uncontested will make the ones outside even more-so.

Can anyone confirm the locations of the nodes that are giving diminishing returns? If they're doing it inside instances *only*, I would say that is by design, and rightfully so. If they are doing it outside in the open world where other players can contest them, I would wonder what the point of that is if they're already contested.

Maybe they should make crafting materials start dropping off trash mobs in dungeons, with a high rate of frequency, to address two issues at once.

One person gets it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • skatinskatin Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This might be the last straw for me. Bugged skills that don't work right. Bugged gear that don't work right. Elite gear becoming bind on pickup. Now, grinding/farming punished if too fast. There is no way to make any currency in this game legitimately. I'll never get that cat companion, or the ioun stone.

They are removing all legitimate ways to make in-game currency. Next, are they going to make crafted items bind on crafted?

It's a good thing characters can't give each other coin, otherwise the town would be full of beggars... buddy, can you spare a silver?
  • thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem is, that compared to other mmos all the public areas are ridiculously small and the nodes are scarce from the start.

So if the player base grows with the end of beta like its hoped for/expected, then you wont be able to get at any nodes xcept for in instances.
    Maybe they should make crafting materials start dropping off trash mobs in dungeons, with a high rate of frequency, to address two issues at once.
    I am sure I allready got common stuff from mobs.
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • settkosettko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just ended a Professions event on my own 10 minutes early, since normal things just don't drop at all. For the last 10 minutes. The nerf seems to keep track of the number of looted nodes per minute in the last XY minutes.

Which basically means we now have 2x 10 minute Profession events, with 10 minutes resting in the middle, because nodes only drop 2-copper garbage or 75-copper Treasures.

Thanks Cryptic. Don't expect free pants from me.
  • landragoonlandragoon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love how the Community Moderator is either playing dumb or not informed. Either of those is laughable.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I'm little more informed than any of you on certain changes.

*merges threads*
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what causes bots?

1) tedious tasks that are easily bot-able if you use a bot.
    2) tedious tasks that are the easiest way of getting NEEDED items, materials.
    3) a shortage on ways to get an item/material.

all of the things in NW fall under 1 and 2... now they added #3, so that ONLY the botters would actually get enough materials through nodes.

if the things from nodes dropped often enough where the economy DIDN'T have a shortage of them, then....... botting them to sell the gains would NOT be profitable.

all reducing the drop rate does is cause even less materials to be in circulation, causing current botters to make more by charging more, and new botters to start botting simply because it's the ONLY WAY TO GET WHAT'S NEEDED.

personally I have patients, I don't feel the need to have professions maxed by the time I'm level 60, yes it would be nice to have gear MY FRAKKING LEVEL THAT I MADE!!! but I don't have to have it, so I do a little bit of nodes and when they don't give anything usefull anymore, I stop for the day.
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nope its not that the nodes are getting plucked by others (at first i thought they were just leaving the junk behind so the node stayed active too). Try it out. I found after node number 19 that the junk worth less than the kit started. 1 easy way to see it is that the usual junk from the node is worth about 2 silver and the nerf junk is generally worth less than 1 silver.
    edited June 2013
    You can still sometimes get one treasure item once you're flagged that is worth more than the useless 2-copper junk, but as soon as you see a node that only drops one of any of these items, stop.

I've confirmed that if you switch characters, you can loot normally again. Which means that all a farming bot has to do is change the script to switch between two or three characters, depending how fast they go.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Skill nodes were being exploited by bots. So the skill nodes nearest the entrance to an instance have been removed. And I suspect the garbage is to discourage the bots.

Ahhhh... This is good to know. What I noticed where I farm is. A bag and religion node was removed. Although it was placed now next to a chest farther in. So didn't change the amount I can farm. :)

Hmm so you guys are saying you don't get the enchants and items after a bit ? I don't know if I have noticed that. Is it just from the same type of node in a amount of time ?
    edited June 2013
    No, it's X nodes in Y time. Type is irrelevant.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• iceybluekitsuneiceybluekitsune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    well 8 mins into the professions event and i am only getting trash so guess i get to sit half way through a zone waiting. really wish we could get some official word on if this was intended or what.
  • crimsonstone1179crimsonstone1179 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here comes the rage, I today found this happening after looting 10 nodes. I changed zones and found the same thing to be happening. This was during the professions event. In my opinion this is ignorant. Find another way to get botters without harming real players. This to me is only knocking the quality of this game down yet another notch...
    edited June 2013
    The timing of it just amazes me, here ya go folks get farming those nodes....oops sorry didn't mean for you to do that so here is a nerf to make sure you don't.
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    I have experienced the same issue. I've saved up a few really good quest instances that are pretty easy to run thru during profession event.

Now after a few times running thru the instance all I get is trash items. They have made it impossible to farm enchants now legit.

I don't think "saving" a few really good quest instances is legit farming. Quests were meant to be run once and completed (unless they are repeatable quests). Intentionally not completing a quest so you can farm its nodes is probably not the best definition of "legit". Legit farming takes place in public areas (or in dungeons with 4 other people). In those places you are probably not going to get too many nodes in too short a period of time because you are competing with so many other people. Occasionally you may be the only person farming in an area and encounter this problem, but for the most part, people that are "legitimately" farming are rarely going to encounter this problem.
    edited June 2013
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    I don't think "saving" a few really good quest instances is legit farming. Quests were meant to be run once and completed (unless they are repeatable quests). Intentionally not completing a quest so you can farm its nodes is probably not the best definition of "legit". Legit farming takes place in public areas (or in dungeons with 4 other people). In those places you are probably not going to get too many nodes in too short a period of time because you are competing with so many other people. Occasionally you may be the only person farming in an area and encounter this problem, but for the most part, people that are "legitimately" farming are rarely going to encounter this problem.

you should know that the open world is also in "instances" which you can switch. now im not saying that this person isnt going into dungeon/one-time/quest-instances but it could be possible that most folks are just in the open world. if this was intended to only be applied to the quest/dungeon/etc instances and not the open world then they should say "yes we know this is happening, were working on a fix, just give us time" or something similar and that would put alot of this to rest.
  • aesandilaesandil Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    I'm fine with discouraging farmers and preventing botters. But it should never punish players who go about at their own pace, and I've had this happen to me already. If I get a lucky streak and stumble upon a number of skill nodes in a short amount of time, it should feel rewarding. I shouldn't have to experience frustration just because the imposed limits are too harsh.

Removing any skill nodes from the solo instances that most of us just run once while questing is also annoying. So as often is the case - the intent is noble, but the execution is flawed.
    edited June 2013
    Someone mentioned it was talked about on reddit. I know the devs sometimes talk there, did any of them say anything about it?
    edited June 2013
    the reddit link (i only know it cause i have had it open since i first saw this issue on there) for you http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1gaau9/stealth_nerf_to_profession_node_farming/ as far as i can tell though there is no dev talk on it and there is only 6 coomments. i dont follow reddit much, this is kinda the first game i even started watching reddit for
    edited June 2013
    Thank you. I expect this will be yet another issue that is just ignored by the devs in the hopes people just stop talking about it.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    Thank you. I expect this will be yet another issue that is just ignored by the devs in the hopes people just stop talking about it.

This is ****ing cryptic your talking about. Come on what other lazy *** thing do you think they would of done. Actually just work on catching the bot farmers and instance jumpers... Nooo this is cryptic you have to do a weasel move and ruin it for everyone else that doesnt exploit or cheat.

And do you people really think they will do anything about it?

This is just another stab into the thigh twisting the knife as they pull it out. I really hope Hasbro does its research first before they let another developer make a game for them. I bet hasbro is kicking themselves with rage right now.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So, instead of finding a way to fix the code to eliminate bots, they screw the legit farmers? I noticed this yesterday during the Professions half hour. Freaking annoying.

Cryptic if you are reading this, recent changes in general feel very antagonistic towards the players:mad:.
    edited June 2013
    well im stuck again, cant get the stuff i need from farming cause of this issue. i know the mods are reading this stuff and i can only hope they are informing the devs that this is really not appropriate. ive seen a lot of things that should be fairly simple to change that would make this game have less bots/spam and better for average players but they seem to glaze over the simple stuff and do what they want.
  • strbrinkystrbrinky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Well, this is obviously a total farce - legitimate players cannot farm out the professions material they need, plus, it totally de-legitimizes any reason to farm skill nodes during the Professions event. You're not going to get the crystal (or, in the unlikely scenario you are ever actually lucky enough to get more than one) or crystal you need to do high-end crafting. I suppose I am most infuriated because now I have to waste way more time framing in "short spurts" and with all of my characters, apparently, so that I don't lose my investment in skill kits to total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

To think I actually spent $200 thinking the devs were smart enough to figure out how to program a game that would discourage botters, and not ignorantly F* up one of the major components of this game. It is totally such, now. I don't think this changes botters' activities at all, just penalizes players who don't mind investing a decent amount of time (and money) in building up crafting materials.

This is just so asinine as to make me forget about playing the game at all.
    edited June 2013
    This is ****ing cryptic your talking about. Come on what other lazy *** thing do you think they would of done. Actually just work on catching the bot farmers and instance jumpers... Nooo this is cryptic you have to do a weasel move and ruin it for everyone else that doesnt exploit or cheat.

And do you people really think they will do anything about it?

This is just another stab into the thigh twisting the knife as they pull it out. I really hope Hasbro does its research first before they let another developer make a game for them. I bet hasbro is kicking themselves with rage right now.

To be honest as long as hasbro get paid I doubt they care.
    edited June 2013
    and now we have another issue, after a short time of farming just before bed (so i could convert scraps to bolts over night) i wasnt farming many nodes before i started getting grey items of low value. i figured i must have gone too fast so i sat and waited, alittle annoyed i must add, only to find that now people are leaving these 2-75 copper items on items to make others think they too have gone too fast. i only know this because i waited about 5 minutes, checked another node and had another grey item drop, checked another node close by only to have it fully stocked with items. now i have yet to check today since the double enchants has ended (maybe this limit was only active for that event) but i somehow doubt that it was removed with the double enchants.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    people griefing and stealing my nodes

Those nodes aint your`s to begin with, each and every person can and has the right ...same as you do...to farm nodes

MY NODES....lmfao

As King I have the right to say who's node it is. They are all mine but you can have some. I want my Kingdom to be happy afterall.
    edited June 2013
    and now we have another issue, after a short time of farming just before bed (so i could convert scraps to bolts over night) i wasnt farming many nodes before i started getting grey items of low value. i figured i must have gone too fast so i sat and waited, alittle annoyed i must add, only to find that now people are leaving these 2-75 copper items on items to make others think they too have gone too fast. i only know this because i waited about 5 minutes, checked another node and had another grey item drop, checked another node close by only to have it fully stocked with items. now i have yet to check today since the double enchants has ended (maybe this limit was only active for that event) but i somehow doubt that it was removed with the double enchants.

I *****ed about this in a zone chat and was called an idiot and told that even if you leave something behind when the next person opens it they get their own set of items...so it may be that its not always done with malice...but that doesn't solve the issue.