test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

4 dps gf + dc

muratoyomuratoyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
With the new patch, what would be more easier then 4 DPS GF bouncing threat around with one DC. They are the tankiest of the classes and a decent DPS GF can do rank 1/2 on DPS chart usually. No need for anyone to tank if you got 4 of them fighting for threat ;) Why do you need another class for dungeons after 20th? I mean the cleric's heal is aoe not single target, so hell... bounce that threat around.

The new norm, 4 DPS GF + 1 DC = Decent DPS, Tankiest Group, Easy Mode.
Post edited by muratoyo on

Comments

• muratoyomuratoyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    or... 3 DPS GF + 2 DC for the ones who like to afk and play. Since new Astral Shield cooldown. I mean if they can hold threat now and DPS, why do they need anyone else. Enjoy.

Not like the mobs hit harder, what we need tank gear for? Just run a bunch of GF.
  • desjardiniidesjardinii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    One of the things that we noticed last night was now that the GF can grab threat a bit easier, they can also position things a bit better. For most mobs its a non issue, excpet for combat advantage. However now that Astral shield is not 100% uptime, working to keep your party out of AOEs tends to play a bigger part. While a group of tanks is more "tankier" i noticed that you still get clobbered if you are getting hit by 3 cone AOEs from different directions. That would be one draw back Id see with bouncing aggro around. But it would be fun to run :)
  • arcanawolfarcanawolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh my god.

I need to try this out.
  • muratoyomuratoyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wonder if Into the Fray stacks duration from multiple guardians ;). Constant speed boost + AP Gain + 1k Defense boost is kinda nice. Or two guardians running Into the Fray and two run Knight's Valor ^^
  • earthquake89earthquake89 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tried this today, was easiest t2's Ive seen by a wide margin, stock up on gf gear and be ready to sell to the hordes of rerollers, gf is miles ahead of what any of the other classes bring to the table in pve.
    edited June 2013
    I figured as much :)
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    5 gf dungeon run goes more smooth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    5 gf dungeon run goes more smooth.

5 TR with super stealth build ??
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I predicted this before the patch went live. GF and GWF = best dps.

With end game items, you just need 4 gwf or 4 gf and 1 cleric for easy mode.

Life Steal + Greater Tenebrous + Greater Plaguefire = win.

In my opinion, before the patch, it was quite balanced if you balanced around endgame gears and enchants. Greater Tenebrous stacking works best with classes that have high hp and high defense so it's only natural that GWF and GF benefits most from it. But since they nerfed the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of CW and TR, why bring squishy classes when you can bring tanky classes that has same or better dps?
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hah you want massive AoE kill go 5 GWF ... and have them all take their Cleric companions just for the extra healing
    @Powerblast in game
    edited June 2013
    Seems they "balance" a few classes, and entirely break others with this system they have LOL. I'm glad GF is getting tons of love now.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    muratoyo wrote: »
    Seems they "balance" a few classes, and entirely break others with this system they have LOL. I'm glad GF is getting tons of love now.

Well, they make money when people reroll...so there is that. Plus, I guarantee you they will re-introduce the money store item that unbinds equipment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Well, they make money when people reroll...so there is that. Plus, I guarantee you they will re-introduce the money store item that unbinds equipment.

Re-introduce? There was one already?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.