test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Requesting Reviews: Draconian Ways

sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Hello fellow DM's. One of the quests in my campaign has for some reason not been played as much as I think it deserves. Part 1, 2 & 4 range from 22 to 46 plays (or something) - but part 3 only has 9 plays to date. However, the few reviews so far have been mostly good. Very good infact.

If any of you have some spare time or just want a fun foundry to run, I would be thrilled if you ran mine.

Perhaps you'd even like it...

DRACONIAN WAYS
Short code: NW-DUNZEJG2J
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
Post edited by sourcreamking on

Comments

• pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi
    I think I may have figured out why you got so little plays.
    In the area where you have to look for things out of place, the rock in the 2nd area on the wall, is hard to click. (Item out of line of sight message always appears) I had to jump and jump to find a place to stand and interact. However, when interacting, I fell off and interrupted it.
    Can't back on it.

Had to quit. :( Do let me know when you've fixed that I'll play it again.

Appreciate a playthrough of my Amulet of the Shining Sun below (links in sig)
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
  • sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ahhh, let me check that and see if I can fix it :) Thanks a lot!!

EDIT: Let me check that once the foundry editor is back up....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
  • sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well, the hard to reach interactable should be fixed, as well as some other small stuff. :)
    If you care to take screenshots I'll be a happy chap, as I can't. Enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
  • redemption85907redemption85907 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will try yours if you will try mine? =D

ID: NW-DCSDQS5L2

I have seen yours a few times... have been interested in trying.
    edited June 2013
    I will try yours if you will try mine? =D

ID: NW-DCSDQS5L2

I have seen yours a few times... have been interested in trying.

It's now close to 8 in the morning where I am, and I have to get some sleep. I'll write down the short code and give it a go when I wake up :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
    edited June 2013
    Thanks! Be critical but go easy on me... I dont think I am the foundry pro you may be. I do feel that mine has flavor that most do not... so definitely worth your time. But This was my first attempt at a foundry and I used some advanced mechanics for a ****.

I will try yours tomorrow as well. Thanks friend.
  • altreloaltrelo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did it once and I was not ported to the room but outside with the kobolds, I killed everything and took the teleport. I opened the door but there was another door behind it I then walked back and got the room which seems to be the beginning. I walked back to the teleport and talked to the wizard. After about going through 3-4 doors I got stuck inside the door and could not move or /stuck so I did a /killme. I went through and it would not let me out of the teleport place. I took screen shots but my computer restarted and did not save them. On my second try I got to the room okay and while looking for items out of place I couldn't click this one.
    6kl.png
    edited June 2013
    So I was going to review Draconian Ways but i noticed it was a part of a series... so i decided I will play them all and write a full review for each.

************CAUTION SPOILERS*************************

Couple ideas...

-After speaking with the lightkeeper and you start on your way across the water to crumpton, I think that you should use a two way teleporter disguised as a boat or something so the weird *** “walking on water” thing doesnt detract from your adventure. On this same part... after you cross the water a message comes up about following cobble stone to the village... but your light trail takes you the other direction... remove the light trail. This will be easy because if you do put the teleporter in than you will teleport to right in front of the trail.

-Love the chat text on villagers... very lively town.

-First conversation with Sir Jon
    I like his dialog... it seemed a lot like the way I thought he would be... with his whole get-up and sobbing.... BUT I did not like the character dialog options.

-Terrific job making houses look sunken and tilted

-Cave on the hill all alone looks a little strange... you can use some other cave walls and parts to kind of fill out the area to make it seem a little more realistic. The whole area just seems naked once you leave the village.

-Talking to Leif, part where he says “Deal Sugarplum, talk away”... the hero option needs an “s” on “see thing”

-Coming back across the water from leif to speak to wizard.... houses and tents on northside of the wizard hut are not on the right elevation. Their corners are hovering, this is a high visibility area.

-Love the goblin tunnel twist, didn't see that coming.

-coming back into crumpton... I did notice one thing. I love how active and animated your villagers are... however... their chat and text doesn't seem to reflect the fact that their homes are sinking. Their mayor threw himself down a well with grief and the guy next to him is telling me not to litter.

-Yet again... nice goblin twist. Once again didnt see that coming

-In the end when you find the boy you say “he is lieing on his back” but the npc was standing. It would be easy to actually have him laying down.

-Love the pirate.

-Love the erosion, laughed hard at that.

Overall I had a blast. Loved humor and the twists.
    edited June 2013
    altrelo wrote: »
    I did it once and I was not ported to the room but outside with the kobolds, I killed everything and took the teleport. I opened the door but there was another door behind it I then walked back and got the room which seems to be the beginning. I walked back to the teleport and talked to the wizard. After about going through 3-4 doors I got stuck inside the door and could not move or /stuck so I did a /killme. I went through and it would not let me out of the teleport place. I took screen shots but my computer restarted and did not save them. On my second try I got to the room okay and while looking for items out of place I couldn't click this one.
    6kl.png

That's not good... Haven't had that happen before. Will see if I can fix it after dinner!!
    So I was going to review Draconian Ways but i noticed it was a part of a series... so i decided I will play them all and write a full review for each.

Wow! You really took the time to give superb feedback! Thank you. I will say that "Heeding the Call" was the first quest I made with the foundry, and I plan on revamping it. Your input gave me a lot of ideas! :) Also, will check out your quest after dinner! :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
    edited June 2013
    No problem man, I put 100% effort into everything... or try to lol.

I have had some trouble with people finding it for some reason... not sure why.

NW-DCSDQS5L2

I think it is because people thing that "5" is an "S"...? All I know is I have heard from three or four people that they couldnt find it. Then I look it up with the same code and share it with them.
    edited June 2013
    No problem man, I put 100% effort into everything... or try to lol.

I have had some trouble with people finding it for some reason... not sure why.

NW-DCSDQS5L2

I think it is because people thing that "5" is an "S"...? All I know is I have heard from three or four people that they couldnt find it. Then I look it up with the same code and share it with them.

Fixed and revamped per your advice. Well, not every single piece of advice, but pretty close! Tried to run your advendure as well today. You should have a big "DO NOT SOLO" warning... :p I enjoyed it very much until I reached "the onslaught" at the bridge... Then my poor lvl60 toon got beat beyond recognition. I didn't have a chance and had to give up after 5 deaths...

Will try again when I have friends over though. Perhaps it's better to be in a group. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
    edited June 2013
    All bugs should now be fixed and gone. If you experience otherwise please let me know here and I will fix it ASAP.
    Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
  • zimbastazimbasta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sorry but no

In draconian ways you can still get stuck in the doorpost do not a bid issue.

But there was no way to click the circle on the wall same as Altrelo.
    Was reading another thread somewhere the thingy might be to close to the wall.

gl fixing
    PS nice story till now love the lord of the rings part.
    PPS maybe small issue got 2 golloms at one stage in bored of the rings.
    edited June 2013
    I finally got to publish the (hopefully) fixed version. I can run through it in foundry test play, no problem...
    You say it's still bugged?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'll give it a play when I wake up. Dead tired atm :)
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
    edited June 2013
    Thank you dearly Mr. lolsorhand, Sir!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I dare you to call me Mr. one more time... lol. Alas, the runewall is out of reach for me as well. So can't continue onwards :(
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
    edited June 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    I dare you to call me Mr. one more time... lol. Alas, the runewall is out of reach for me as well. So can't continue onwards :(

Ok Mr! :p

Bugger... Guess I'll have to remedy that asap.

EDIT: Well, the runes should also be interactable now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
    edited June 2013
    Could someone confirm if this works now? I never had any problem playing through it within the foundry, and I can play through it in game as well... If someone would just run through and check if everything is as it should be I will be mucho grateful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
  • zimbastazimbasta Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bit later had problems going to the next map but suspect it to be a neverwinter issue.

Had no problems in 3 and 4.

So for me it was perfect.

thanks for a great foundry
    edited July 2013
    It works now, right? I get some plays - and some people telling me they get stuck when teleporting...
    Confused sourcremking asking for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
    edited July 2013
    Seems to be working fine now!

I would just like to thank all af you who have taken the time to play this quest and let me know about flaws and issues. And a thank you to all of you that will play this quest in the future. Thank you. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests:
    edited July 2013
    Would really be glad if two of you took the time to play through this rough gem and reviewed it. Just need two reviews... If you take the time to give constructive criticism that's cool, if not - that's cool as well!

Anyone bored and looking for a foundry quest they haven't played yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Individual quests: