test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Talli0's Quest Release Party - Free Reviews / Trading Reviews / Contest

talli0talli0 Member Posts: 67
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
The final, fully-tested version is now online! Everything has been tweaked, buffed and seems to be working great. All of the off-the-beaten trail places have been fleshed out for you explorer types. There is even a fully operational and fully functional side-quest. Don't expect to see any more changes from now on other than the correction of whatever typos escaped all my testers.

So, as of this point, I declare my quest the live version!

The Dark Garden
Chapter 1 of No Country for Old Undead
Short Code : NW-DQBGVHH7V
NEWEST EDIT: Now qualifies for the daily foundry!
Currently rated at 4.5 stars
Average play time of 19 minutes

You can check out this thread for more information although as a brief synopsis of the campaign:

History is full of examples of the depravity of men who are given unlimited power. To what depths will one such man lie, cheat, steal, murder or destroy to win back his soul?

This first chapter is introducing the characters, the setting, and my story style. People have told me that it can be classified as a story/lore-driven adventure and so far has been taking about 30 minutes to complete.

So, to celebrate the release I am planning three things:
  1. Sorry, all the free reviews have been used. Still doing review trades! Free, no strings attached reviews for new foundries! For the first five people who post their foundry code below for a quest with fewer than 10 reviews, I will review it. I don't expect anything in return and I will be sending you my long honest opinion in the next couple of days.

2. For people with more established foundries or those who miss the cut-off for the above point, I'll be offering a review trade. Post or send your review of my quest, and I'll get to yours. I'll be spending some time on this, at least until my quest starts to develop a little steam of its own, so keep reviewing!

3. To celebrate this point, I've having a little lore contest. (I know someone else did this recently on the foundry boards but since I've been planning this for the past week, I'm doing it anyways.) All you need to do is run my quest, find the answers to the two simple questions below, and be the first person to post the correct answer in this thread. The winner gets the grand total of all AD I have so far accumulated ingame (currently 15k...I know, pretty pathetic...) but more importantly, will also be immortalized in chapter 2 of the "No Country for Old Undead" campaign as a very important quest NPC!!!

Questions:

1) What are the names of Quenzixoaczzx's children? (Spelling counts!)

2) What is Tyr's mother's favorite activity? (No guessing profanities here!)

That's it! Explore my quest, find out those answers, post them here and your name will be used in chapter 2!
Talli0's Foundry:

No Country for Old Undead
Post edited by talli0 on

Comments

• talli0talli0 Member Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    Sitting here all night tonight, just looking for quests to review. Post here if you have something you want me to run through!
    Talli0's Foundry:

• tenshi36tenshi36 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think this is a very cool idea. i'll try your quest and review it and it'd be great if you'd give mine a run:

NW-DTF7JKSFZ

it's a pretty simple atm, as I'm still tinkering with it as I learn. Mostly I'm wondering about the encounter difficulty and frequency.
  • beeblebrox69beeblebrox69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can give mine a shot... I'll try yours the next time I'm on.

In case you're blocking sigs:
    The Vaalyr Prophecy-Prologue: Misty Hollow
    NW-DISM87G71

It's long (about an hour), but so far the handful of people who've tried it seem to like it (other than one joke gone awry, which I subsequently fixed :)
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    PROLOGUE: MISTY HOLLOW
    NW-DISM87G71
    CH.1: GOBLIN GROTTO
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
  • mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator (NW-DBFUDMT8L) only has a few reviews so far. I wouldn't mind getting a few more before I hold any release parties of my own, if you'd like to check it out. And while you said 'no strings attached,' I hardly count playing a well-polished adventure a string, so The Dark Garden is on my list for tomorrow.
    c447.png
  • dagrin7dagrin7 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Siege of Narthrond: Prologue (NW-DOPFEI3YP) Has been tested by friends and my wife. It is solo-able though challenging at times i hope. I am currently developing Chapter 1 of the campaign. Please let me know what you think. I have subscribed to yours and will run it as soon as i cannot see straight from editing the new chapter of mine. :) cheers.
    Dagrin
    Master of the defeated state
    Please check out The Siege of Narthrond: Prologue (NW-DOPFEI3YP). My first installment of the Siege of Narthrond Campaign. Chapter 1 is currently being developed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Finished tenshi36 and beeblebrox69 quests. Both of you should have private messages from me with comments.

And seriously, if anyone wants to see the true power of the foundry, block off an hour and run beeblebrox69's quest. It is insanely awesome...INSANE.

mrthebozer, you'll be the first quest I run tomorrow. And anyone else interested in a quest review, keep adding messages. I'll be here all week!
    Talli0's Foundry:

edited May 2013
    Quest is now available to complete your foundry daily quest!

So while you are doing a good deed and giving me a review/comments, you'll also be earning your astral diamonds!
    Talli0's Foundry:

• mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey talli0,

Just wrapped up The Dark Garden - a solid start to a campaign. I'll definitely be subscribing, and hope to sit down with Nealyn for that cup of coffee soon.
    c447.png
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for play through. Also, thanks for giving me an idea for how chapter 3 of the campaign will start!

I will be getting to your quest for a play through and review tonight.

Still looking for other foundries to play so keep posting here if you want me to review your quest.
    Talli0's Foundry:

• delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I need to get some rest, but I'll definitely give this a playthrough tomorrow morning. :)

Also need to check out beeblebrox69's quest, since you gave it quite a bit of praise.
  • delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just finished.

Very enjoyable. Good amount of lore scattered throughout, nothing was broken on my playthrough, and a really fun NPC (loved the apprentice).

I really don't have anything major to give in terms of feedback. Only some extremely minor nitpicks:

"now" should be "know" (image below)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=5832&stc=1&d=1370006387

The explanations that Nox gives when you ask him about who Rosa and him are, and where they are feels a bit unnatural. Doesn't really hurt much, though.

Like I said, this quest is pretty clean. Forced to nitpick minor stuff. :p I'll look for your next quest. If it's just the apprentice and me hanging out and talking in a bar, I'd be perfectly fine with it.
  • hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    NW-DONEPB9CK Pallisade's Horror.

I'm running yours now. The above is the one I'd like you to run when you get time.

EDIT because I ran yours.

Only critique is many of your mobs just stand around waiting to die inttead of wandering/emote/suddenly appearing, etc. Oh and the crypt felt alittle bland. I see the work you put into it, but a big red curtain or something in a hallway would spruce it up a lot. Just seems too much of the same. I liked it (4 stars) as it promised what you said it would in your post.
  • chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll bite. About to jump in it, will come back with review once complete. Part II in my sig needs reviews.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll bite. About to jump in it, will come back with review once complete. Part II in my sig needs reviews.

Just played it, I normally leave detailed reviews on here but because I found no issues I will keep it brief. It was a really fun, polished quest, I would certainly recommend; 5 stars and tip.

One petty little thing, those internal doors, there is a version with frames, it would look better. And I think Nox likes me, he was standing far too close.
    My new quest:

WIP
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for all the reviews. So far I've run through dalgrins, mrthebozer and delthanin's quests. I'll be getting to hflord1 and chinspinner's tonight hopefully.

Also, even though I said I was done with this quest, enough people have mentioned the crypt feeling empty that I'm going to head back and flesh it out a bit. Cobwebs, banners, and debris, oh my...

And finally, if you are wondering what type of quest mine is, check out delthanin's post above mine for a short glimpse into everyone's favorite character, Nealyn. It is actually shocking to me how many people seem to actual like him...he was supposed to be more annoying than likeable.
    Talli0's Foundry:

edited June 2013
    I think, after taking a few days off for a computer implosion from heat issues, I've finally got around to finishing off all the reviews I owed people.

So if anyone is looking for a review trade, post below. I try to get to at least 2 foundries a night, as long as I don't have to run anything longer than 45 minutes, and I send out private messages with as much as constructive feedback as possible. Which is funny as since I do it for part of my job, you'd think I'd be tired of reviewing things...anyways, post away with anything you have!
    Talli0's Foundry:

• veratioveratio Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would be great if you'd give me a review! :) My quest is in sig. Forum post here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?329031-Requesting-Review-Zanaver-s-Rod-(NW-DQUECIOMN)
    Please review my quest!:
    Zanaver's Rod (NW-DQUECIOMN)
  • winterswitchwinterswitch Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Talli0, I had a blast running your quest. Left a 5 rating and full tip in-game. I'll run it again just for fun. Here are my suggestions:

--In the first dialogue with Nealyn, you're missing the word "is". ("...whose warehouse this is?")
    --"prominently" is misspelled (in the interactable Books, Scrolls, Etc.)
    --Wererat Leader: "perceptible" is misspelled
    --Vox, outside the crypt: I recommend adding a comma, so it reads like this: "Sorry, but I can't..."
    --maybe put a bolt-on frame around the barricaded door in the warehouse, just for looks.

I ran it on my 60 TR with 9400 gearscore, and I just barely survived the final confrontation. Make sure that other classes at 60 can solo it.

Otherwise, really nice work. I'm a story junkie, so it all worked for me.

I'd appreciate your feedback on mine: "Final Examination" (NW-DRMB39T5T). Thanks.
    The Green Zone (NW-DP66H66F6): Train at a top-secret Goblin military installation.
    Hive Mind (NW-DN9YKEVUS): Get inside a crashed alien ship to discover its purpose.
    Absolute Zero (NW-DOVUXHT8P): Activate a massive teleportation machine to pursue an evil mastermind.
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love contests! Do what you gotta do!
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
    edited June 2013
    Oh yeah, the contest is still going on! I've already added the NPC that could have your name to chapter 2 of my campaign but he is currently named "Contest Winner".

Plus, I'm leaning torwards having this character be the driving force behind my "intermission" quest, the one that links campaign one with campaign two so your name may be even more important in my stories!
    Talli0's Foundry:

• odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Talli0.

First of all,

Answers to the questions

Tyr's Mother liked jumping (On Pogo sticks too).

I'm not sure about question 2

I have run thought the quest twice now to insure I didn't miss anything. However, I'm still unsure of the children's names, names I know of include Hibernus, Lux Candidas Rosa and Turvis Nox (I'm not sure if they are spelled correctly).

I thoroughly enjoyed the story line and I read through eagerly, the sign with the street named 'Privy Lane' still fills me with intrigue. I will keep and eye out to see if its a real street existing in the Neverwinter world.

I am eagerly awaiting the next installment :D.

Some Notes
    • Maybe highlight the dead rat/man in the mist because he was a little hard to find on the ground.
    • Interacting with nothing when entering a new area for some continued story is a little confusing and It took me a little while to understand where to press "F" because I saw a mark on the map but nothing there.
    • When the mission was completed, you can click on the bookcase In the first room again, on both attempts I received nothing from clicking on it. The first time just nothing happened and the second my inventory was full (Woopz!)
    I give it 3.5 out of 5 N's :D

35-5_zps0e883963.png
  • sskmomsskmom Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    I only have 4 reviews for my quest and would love to have more if you have the time. I've run it in 15 min but my 4 friends took about 25. Its a bit different because it involves riddles and jumping puzzles and fighting is only if you fail the riddles or chose to go off the path. I will run yours tonight and see if I can answer your questions. My code is NW-DLA4ZT606. If you don't like jumping puzzles - I understand. Not sure how popular they are since most everyone seems to like fighting. Take care!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sskmomsskmom Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    I really liked your quest :) Good story, areas and effects. I only saw some odd mobs that liked to stand up and lay down again- which since I'm new to creating foundries - may not be something you can even control. Other then that - great job!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rdxcyclordxcyclo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had major problems playing your quest. When I typed the shortcode into google on my nokia 3310 I didn't find a single playable version. Worst mobile gaming experience EVER! I'll try on my Sinclair QL later tonight, and if that doesn't work I might resort to the i7, 670ti gaming monster that's collecting dust under the stairs...

But while I'm figuring out the problem with your quest, might I bring your attention to my own quest, that happens to work fine on all sorts of handheld devices, microwaves, washing machines and industrial woodchoppers.
    Making my name with Foundry - @rdxcyclo

First installment of Gavin the "Lucky" series is live

Episodes:
    Gavin the "Lucky": Prologue - NW-DEZSTNUT7
    edited June 2013
    You may want to try typing "dark garden" in and searching for that. It always comes up for me.
    Talli0's Foundry:

• mllebeanmllebean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited June 2013
    Happy to trade reviews with you. I’ll try to run your quest this weekend. My quest is a roughly 45 minute single person spoof adventure.

NW-DUTKDLBYI

Info and comments at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?326671-My-first-quest!-Kind-hearted-reviewers-wanted-)&p=4198891#post4198891
    edited June 2013
    Working through the quests listed above, gone through all but a couple. Keep on your posting your quests if your interested in a quest review trade! Will review anything but would love one which is also eligible for the daily ;)
    Talli0's Foundry:

• j54219j54219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What a great idea!
    Please consider trying mine out. It's kind of short but pretty fun!

Name: Save My Sister
    Code: NW-DEX09DZDQ
    @17mins

Thanks for peeking!
    Save My Sister! NW-DEX09DZDQ
    Harbinger's Run with Jewels NW-DNRGMZGI3
    @j54219
    edited June 2013
    Have finished all of the reviews I owe (I hope!!). So looking for anyone else who wants to do a review trade.
    Talli0's Foundry:

edited June 2013
    Still looking for plays/reviews/comments for my quest.

Just verified that it is showing up in the foundry, so if your favorite quest hasn't updated yet, check mine out!

Also, I try to run through a foundry quest or three per night, so always willing to review trade.
    Talli0's Foundry: