test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I want those monthly payments back

foulspawnerfoulspawner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have played mainly Lotro for 5 years or so. Tried some other MMO's but returned to good old game... which is being destroyed too by "free to play". This "FTP" is too hard concept to make it work. In the good old times the developers knew that income was predictable. If they made good content they got more monthly paying customers. There was no need for some dirty tricks to get money. Customer could vote by not paying and that was it.
Now the game companies offer you an almost playable game with no actual possibility to enjoy the game without paying a little here and there.
So. I want to pay monthly. I want them to know how much money comes in and have a chance to serve the players in a best way without those moneyseeping tricks that makes nowadays games a waste of time.
And I know that in these times when everything is measured by fast money, the really quality game companies are those who swim against the current.
Post edited by foulspawner on

Comments

• cho83cho83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know what you mean
    I want to enjoy the ocean view drinking beer in bathtub with 2 Japanese girls ;(
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So do I my friend, so do I. But with people spending hundreds of dollars on lock box keys, doubt it will happen.
  • cho83cho83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wasted some AD on ZEN to take some keys and now I'm a poor ******* with 6k AD and a lot of useless green enchants in my bagz ;( Ima bad gambler that's all :(
  • demonishademonisha Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So long as we have individuals that support this game model(which there will always be these people). We will never have a sub, but realistically, you can already pay a sub, use only 20$ a month on the game, them bam you have your monthly fee. I myself feel the game has to many flaws still to be worth money. Our ingame economy is still wrecked, if it isnt something from CN or a really hard t2 epic dungeon like Dread Vaults the items are worthless. Norhing is BOP.. everything is BOE.. so dont worry eventually everyone will be able to get what they want in a few months cause sooner or later the AH will be filled with everything cause nothing binds unless equipped so farmers can keep farming til the point everything cost 1 AD. Even the Zen Shop items in the AH are starting to drop in price cause of the overwhelming amount of **** that can never be destroyed and can always be re-used.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This "FTP" is too hard concept to make it work.

Apparently it's not, since so many previously-pay games are going f2p (with many of them then saying "and it's saved us!"), along with more games just being made f2p to start with. If it wasn't working, they wouldn't be doing it so much.

Sucks for the people who prefer to pay monthly, but there seemingly aren't enough of those to keep the average MMO afloat.
  • kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Got to be honest I despise having no bag space. And bags don't drop off mobs, f2p should get money for things people "want" and not nickel and dime them for "necessities".
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Last I saw the AD/Zen rate was below 300. That means you can get a bag for less than 300,000 AD. Sure you'll have to work at it a bit, and you wont get it instantly, but more bag space is easily obtainable in Neverwinter without spending any real money.

And yes it would be nice if bags/bank spaces purchase applied to all characters on the same account.
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This "FTP" is too hard concept to make it work.

It's quite easy. ftp://ftp.domain.ext

;)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD