test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• glowyrmzglowyrmz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why can't we use the Caturday Cape to change the appearance of other neck items?

I'm still low level so maybe I don't have the "right" neck item? Can not every neck item be made to look like any other? Are there "categories" of neck items and if I find one that is "cape-ish" then I can use my Caturday Cape to change the appearance of it?

Or did you guys make it so that can't happen? I think it's pretty useless if we can't do that. Would have been better to give us a fashion shirt with a cat on it so at least we don't take off our actual gear for it.
    cROpbBa.png
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    This is complete BS. take your flipping gift and shove it where the sun don't shine. I want my auction items back not 11ad for an item that should have sold for 10000-15000x that but because you decided to let the auctions expire we get punished. I wouldn't care if you rolled back the game to the beginning and lost everything, I wouldn't care if you rolled it back and I had to resell items or regain xp, because it's fair to everyone. But you basically just screwed me out of my items and my AD for doing nothing.
  • ronsonjonronsonjon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually spent over an hour typing a complaint and realized IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE PAYING CUSTOMER THINKS

I HAVE NOT LOGGED INTO THE GAME SINCE THE EXPLOIT AND SPENDING OVER $600.00

EVENTUALLY THIS WILL SPEAK TO THEM IN ALL TONGUES !!!!
  • davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    talk with your wallet, charge your money back.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • rizzariarizzaria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wondering...how much AD is classified as suspicious? was looking at the AD exchange on mindflayer and noticed someone trying to buy 120,000 odd zen @ 355 a piece maybe this is normal but that's what? 42mil AD for $1200 worth of zen?
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    rizzaria wrote: »
    Just wondering...how much AD is classified as suspicious? was looking at the AD exchange on mindflayer and noticed someone trying to buy 120,000 odd zen @ 355 a piece maybe this is normal but that's what? 42mil AD for $1200 worth of zen?

That isn't one person. That is every person who is buying it at that price.
  • tristo1987tristo1987 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was reading the state of the game that they did, and I found this line. "in this particular situation we had to permanently close all exploitative accounts and coordinate a 7-hour rollback of all characters and currency transactions."

Then i go to my favorite gaming blog site and find in the comments below, a user who got nothing but a 3 day ban what a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. In a game that is prepared to take your money and have this stuff happen is just unbelievable, and just in case someone claims its in open beta bla bla bla, i say stop allowing people to pay for your game game until you fully fix this. I mean really ban the accounts and look into it further, not just get it all back online so the cash can continue to flow. I'm also aware that the game is free and no one has to use the cash shop, but its open beta so turn it off and stop letting people line your pockets while you sit back in your arm chair and laugh as the money rolls in. I honestly feel cheated by Cryptic. You cant solely blame the exploiters when the bug was brought to their attention way before it went viral. I would imagine that a lot of people got the same as the comment below.

Sorry about the wall of text i just feel very angry about the whole thing.

Here is what the comment said.

"My 3 day ban for clicking a bugged diamonds chest enough time to get 50 million is up. Nothing was wiped or taken away. I have never exploited before until this and having a magic chest of money that refills instantly I just couldn't resist. I never had so much. It was like playing a slot machine but you never lose. I could have macroed it like some others did and made a billion diamonds. I was to lazy though and my friend told me to make mules and I was to lazy to even do that and in the end I didn't need them anyways. Every one of my characters has nightmare mount, full bags,

I didn't even know it was temporary ban because they never bothered to email me I was banned they just blocked me from logging in or reading the forums. Clearing cookies let me view forums as long as I didn't try to log in. I figured I was permabanned because of what I did. I know I deserved one."

How many others probably got the same treatment as the comment above?
  • zyberneticzybernetic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A cat goes to Aralynn the Pious of Protector's Enclave, said he's depressed. Life seems harsh and cruel.
    Said he feels all alone in the threatening world of men.

Aralynn said to simply pray to the gods for company and friendship.
    And so prays the cat did.

"Early Sunday morning a very small group of players discovered and abused a game exploit within the Neverwinter Open Beta that affected the Auction House and Astral Diamonds..."

"Large amount of illegal AD has been laundered by purchasing and selling the Cat companion from the Wondrous Bazaar..."

"Neverwinter OBT down for emergency maintenance..."

"Caturday now announced as the 3rd major festival in Turmish..."

Well prayed, Cat. Well prayed.
  • paganhawkpaganhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You cant blame the exploiters when the bug was brought to their attention way before it went viral.

I'm sorry, but this made me call bull****!!!!! To me, it is like saying, "Don't blame the crook when you leave your door unlocked." "Don't blame the con man cause granny didn't research." or "Don't blame the rapist when the girl is stupid enough to walk alone in the dark."

Cryptic made a mistake, call it overlooked, call it wrong prioritizing, whatever, with the bug. Does NOT give the exploiters (crooks) the right to steal.

Period.
  • tristo1987tristo1987 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with what you say. If you note in my post i want the exploiters to be perma banned, Ill refrain what i said, you cant solely blame the crooks. My aim was at the fact that the so called Crooks are still running round with millions of diamonds, you'll never stop crooks but you can at least punish the ones that get caught. I wasn't defending the crooks they are to blame.

You cant tell me your going to leave your door unlocked just because they don't have the right to enter. In the gaming world if there is a unlocked door people do anything to go through, that doesn't make it right but it happened.

Lets just call it a very big mistake on both parties and agree that not enough was done about it.
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I can agree to the mistake... and I can agree with that sentence, now that you edited it.
  • rizzariarizzaria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ctdummy80 wrote: »
    That isn't one person. That is every person who is buying it at that price.

thanks for clearing that up, learn something new everyday
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tristo1987 wrote: »
    I agree with what you say. If you note in my post i want the exploiters to be perma banned, Ill refrain what i said, you cant solely blame the crooks. My aim was at the fact that the so called Crooks are still running round with millions of diamonds, you'll never stop crooks but you can at least punish the ones that get caught. I wasn't defending the crooks they are to blame.

You cant tell me your going to leave your door unlocked just because they don't have the right to enter. In the gaming world if there is a unlocked door people do anything to go through, that doesn't make it right but it happened.

Lets just call it a very big mistake on both parties and agree that not enough was done about it.

I could almost agree with you there...but if you come into my house uninvited, locked door or no locked door, you will be shot. :)
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • thfourteenthfourteen Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There still seems to be a serious bug with the Auction house. I lost about 500 AD before I realised what was happening, glad I didn't spend a real amount!

I also tried to report the bug in game but the bug reporter seems to be... bugged
  • ninespearsninespears Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think there might be another bug in AH involving negative numbers. last night on Beholder I saw a few items with negative expiration times.
    edited May 2013
    I could almost agree with you there...but if you come into my house uninvited, locked door or no locked door, you will be shot. :)

I agree completely!
  • zyggythornzyggythorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ninespears wrote: »
    I think there might be another bug in AH involving negative numbers. last night on Beholder I saw a few items with negative expiration times.

I see that all the time, and once lost about 750 AD placing a bet on it- it took the AD, and I only got sad in return

but currently, the AH on Beholder seems to be down, which is troubling when you decide to put up a few items up for sale and then nobody can buy them, and end up just wasting 4-5k AD.
  • dwayn3dwayn3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On Beholder server auction of my Grandmaster Leatherworker should end 9 days ago, there was 2 bids to 308'999 AD, and i never get any of AD and can't cancel that auction to put it back on AH.

Plys FIX IT ;=]

Dwayne
  • bushy808bushy808 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this exploit was reported on the forums ,and other media, long before open beta. In fact, this exploit was present in STO....so how was 'this sunday morning' the culprit? Because you let it exist for SO SO long that a large enough faction of players began to find out about it and use it to their advantage. AND that it existed for SO SO long that said players ALSO knew deep down that nothing was going to be done about it, if it was allowed to exist for this long the whole time. So what, a FEW players ober the past months have used this, not great destablization. But when a large group starts to use it, time to fix it.

Thats a mentality used by the Govt and Police forces. FIX problems only AFTER they have gotten out of hand, Not when you learn about them in the first place.

They knew how detrimental this would be when they knew it existed. But not enough people were using it to destroy their profits from ZEN store, so it wasn't addressed. This rollback and everthing that occured because of it, could have, and should have, been prevented sooner.
  • brotheffbrotheff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Q: But... I won the Armored Nightmare from a lockbox! I'll never get that lucky again!
    A: We are currently working to restore Armored Nightmare mounts that were earned legitimately during the period of time that was rolled back.
    when we get them back ?
  • meriador82meriador82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My wife already got hers back. But hard to say if today or yesterday ;)
  • enchants11enchants11 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am not sure if anyone will read this but, Thank you for NW. This is my favorite game of all time. I wish I could create a thread or even write a letter to show you.

My main concern is being muted, twice in 3 days for "Spamming" which I was not. I accidently said the same thing twice in a row, because the last game I played the chat system was much different; however repeating something only twice should not be considered spam. Repeating something 3 or 4 times - yes that is spam. Please let the person know who is muting me, to stop.
    My Class is Bard ... "The clash of blades, a note/A battle fought, a verse/The hero's war, a song."
  • dwaindiibleydwaindiibley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You know its happening again on Dragon today?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Actually, I did notice that AD:ZEN on Dragon had gone from 250 yesterday to 300 today. Is it just Dragon or other servers too?
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mindflayer is also at 300 from 275. I never saw it as low as 250.
    edited June 2013
    Mindflayer is also at 300 from 275. I never saw it as low as 250.

Just checked Beholder is around 300 too.
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Trust me, if it was happening again, there wouldn't be any people selling at all, because they would all be getting instantly bought up by hundreds of people offering 500AD:1Zen
  • starfleetlufiastarfleetlufia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    meh all my crafting time .......
    edited June 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    Trust me, if it was happening again, there wouldn't be any people selling at all, because they would all be getting instantly bought up by hundreds of people offering 500AD:1Zen

Worryingly there is a thread claiming that there are negative bids (AGAIN) in the AH........
  • piraytpirayt Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In the last few days hundreds and thousands of enchants have been hitting the AH, being sold in stacks of 99, often by players with names that are just strings of random letters (not always though). One guy is currently selling around 2000 of various rank 5 enchantments. Others are trying to be a bit sneakier, only selling one stack of 30-50 at a time of each type.

Is this going to be taken care of?
This discussion has been closed.