test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Maintenance - 06/13/13 (Look here for slow launcher patching)

Comments

• crimsonlily9crimsonlily9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having patching problems here too. I got to exactly 56.6%, and then it started crawling. I have restarted the launcher as that sometimes help, but after a few coughs the download has come to a halt.

And indeed, thank you, pinpointerror, it's great to get such frequent updates :)
  • darkhawk978darkhawk978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    I think what happens is this....if it says you have 800mb to download and you stop patching at 100mb downloaded and you restart patcher it will say you have 700mb left to download. Took me a while but I think I figured it out :)
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    Can I close the launcher while its at around 40% and resume the patching process some other time? Or will it start from 0% all over again?

It will resume if you do this.
  • skelbojannskelbojann Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Speeds should improve shortly. Just hang tight!

Can't say it enough. Loving your way of communication here. Keep it up!

Most companies just say nothing until they have collected a ton of information for a full statement.
    Happy to see it done better by you!
  • jagoritannajagoritanna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    I think what happens is this....if it says you have 800mb to download and you stop patching at 100mb downloaded and you restart patcher it will say you have 700mb left to download. Took me a while but I think I figured it out :)

Yes, it subtracts the amount you've already downloaded from the remainder, and only shows you how much is left to go.
  • elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gaiz...please pause the pron dl for a min kk :)
  • sigaxel77sigaxel77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would advise disabling your AV software during patching. It's loads of small files and it just slows the proces. Remeber to turn it on after!
    Good point. Or just add the Cryptic Studios folder to your AV's exclusion list.

Patch is coming nicely along for me, almost half-way through. Can't wait! :D
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Here's a RESPEC question I've been hunting for and no luck, yet...
    I understand the freebie respecs don't "stack".

I HotN Founder, which came with one account respec that I was saving-up for my main when it reaches level 60. Now we all get a freebie respec for each character. So my question is this: since these respecs don't stack, if I use my freebie respect to readjust things due to the rebalancing of this patch... will I lose my one HotN respec that I was saving-up?

Thanks.
  • kestralskaurkestralskaur Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So what you're saying is that you nerfed rogues to shut up the whiny fighters who felt too impotent in pvp. I've deleted my characters and will certainly not recommend your game to anyone.
    Figure it out for yourself or obey without question.
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    oh, good one sprite.

Also that speed boost in patching is still m.i.a.
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's a RESPEC question I've been hunting for and no luck, yet...
    I understand the freebie respecs don't "stack".

I HotN Founder, which came with one account respec that I was saving-up for my main when it reaches level 60. Now we all get a freebie respec for each character. So my question is this: since these respecs don't stack, if I use my freebie respect to readjust things due to the rebalancing of this patch... will I lose my one HotN respec that I was saving-up?

Thanks.

The Founder's Respec token is counted as a purchased token, so you should be able to have both.
  • ark00ark00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    slowest download ever :(
    edited June 2013
    So what you're saying is that you nerfed rogues to shut up the whiny fighters who felt too impotent in pvp. I've deleted my characters and will certainly not recommend your game to anyone.

I'm a 12k GS TR, and the 60% nerf hammer on Shocking Execution doesn't effect me at all. I don't need it at all, in fact this helps me more than anything else. The only time I see Shocking Execution is when it's used on me, and I'd rather it be nerfed.

This is hardly a nerf though. I mean really, one ability? Pfft. We're still very powerful.
  • torulv1torulv1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeee.. lost connection to server again
  • avidlurkeravidlurker Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    valliv wrote: »
    *grabs a hold on and prepps for lightspeed*

Lightspeed requires no special precautions. It's Ludicrous Speed you are thinking of, as Lord Helmet found out to his detriment. ;-)
  • offkhochioffkhochi Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wtf this Only Download 5 kb/sec It's so bad 5 day In finish ? why don't Up To narmal patch ?
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    We're still investigating slow patch speeds and any patch issues.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    its not doing anything just sitting there....
    edited June 2013
    torulv1 wrote: »
    yeee.. lost connection to server again

yeah me too
  • thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Be careful with your patcher; for me when game crashes or I close it, it will try to dl 1.5g of un-needed files.

Currently on 4g connection; I get burst downloads of 11 mbps which will go for like 10 seconds. The slow-ville for a while, then burst.

We can always attribute this to raving fans wanting to see all the greebly changes. And now it looks like patch server crapped the bed:)
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now it's died completely.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    The Founder's Respec token is counted as a purchased token, so you should be able to have both.

Yes, I understand that. But I don't want to be the experimental guinea pig. LOL
    edited June 2013
    Looks like they restarted something, but still slow as moles asses in winter.
    edited June 2013
    download at 0.1kb will be old when patch finish :D
  • thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    nah launcher doesn't even load patcher for me now:)
  • doaxiradoaxira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My patch just abruptly stopped after being stuck/so slow for awhile. Now the launcher will not even start again, freezes on "Trying to update the launcher."
  • darkhawk978darkhawk978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    I did get an error 14: couldnt connect but it restarted and now its starting to pick up the pace :) I think i downloaded 5% in 3minutes; compared to 5% in 30min LOL
  • zantuskinzantuskin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    doaxira wrote: »
    My patch just abruptly stopped after being stuck/so slow for awhile. Now the launcher will not even start again, freezes on "Trying to update the launcher."

Same issue won't connect to update the launcher now.
    edited June 2013
    o fa yeah now increased to 0.50kb! gogogo :D
  • vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    avidlurker wrote: »
    Lightspeed requires no special precautions. It's Ludicrous Speed you are thinking of, as Lord Helmet found out to his detriment. ;-)

thank the force for the Lord Helmet, cause the Ludicrous Speed came to a Ludicrous Halt....... :rolleyes: