Install Arc
Options

Righteousness

Comments

• Options
    arcanawolfarcanawolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well at least the changes didn't include:

Righteousness: Incoming heals now reduced by 100% instead of the improper 40%.

Just reading that made me more ill than I was on sunday after the last Game of Thrones episode.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well at least the changes didn't include:

Righteousness: Incoming heals now reduced by 100% instead of the improper 40%.

Oh, that's becaue they still havent noticed the bug where it actually allows us to heal for 60%. It will be adressed soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    Oh, that's becaue they still havent noticed the bug where it actually allows us to heal for 60%. It will be adressed soon.

HA. Don't say that out loud! Now they'll actually acknowledge this thread and after maintenance, the 60% will get hotfixed. :P
  • Options
    noobiieenoobiiee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cleric is my favourite class, i like it's gameplay in NW buuuuut as i said in posts and threads, i hate righteousness its unfair, and the aggro makes it worse, the spectative of devs destroying our only skill that is good but without upgrading any of the others or lower righteousness is the worst they can make.
    My decision is leave me cleric apart, only login for the AD of the gods, im not either playing CW or TR or GF i rather go to rift is more fun i can do dps and heals and i play as part of my role.
    See you guys untill the maybe never future patch of a fix on clerics.
  • Options
    muirwenmuirwen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noobiiee wrote: »
    Cleric is my favourite class, i like it's gameplay in NW buuuuut as i said in posts and threads, i hate righteousness its unfair, and the aggro makes it worse, the spectative of devs destroying our only skill that is good but without upgrading any of the others or lower righteousness is the worst they can make.
    My decision is leave me cleric apart, only login for the AD of the gods, im not either playing CW or TR or GF i rather go to rift is more fun i can do dps and heals and i play as part of my role.
    See you guys untill the maybe never future patch of a fix on clerics.

I can understand this. I myself was very very disappointed when I read the long list of balance issues Cryptic announced they had fixed, and there was nothing at all on this whole Righteousness thing. Andto make things even worse (for me at least), the whole ignoring thing on this subject by the dev team: very disrespectful! As I mentioned myself earlier, its bye bye NW for me as well till this is fixed.
  • Options
    salnasalna Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In pvp we dead anyway so fast even 1v1.
    Wtb burst self heal to even got a chance to fight or survive while my teammates come save me.
    Hear silence.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    One of the sad realities of the Cleric in this game is that the Righteousness debuff, and sub-par healing will always be a part of this classes "balance". Otherwise Cryptic would not sell the Stone of Health or Scrolls of Life plus their "Greater" versions.

Anything such as Astral Shield that increases a group's chance of survival also decreases Cryptic's chances of making cha-ching.

It will always be about Cryptic's bottom line when it comes to any healing classes and their "game balance" sadly.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I said it before and I will say it again...

I seriously think the devs of this game are a bunch of PVP'ers and they hate clerics, point of order, even getting around the -40% heal debuff (which is completely stupid), they make any efficient healing a cleric do, even less effective and worthwhile, meawhile expecting the cleric to do the tanks job, because everything agros on you for life, whether its pvp or pve.

They hate clerics... point blank... despise them. People think getting a cleric is tough now... whew... just wait.
  • Options
    sogronnwosogronnwo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited June 2013
    - Hello Mr. Ice Knife, have you seen my friend, Astral Shield?
    - I heard he was on Cooldown.
    - Oh. I see. How unfortunate.
    - Cheer up man, I brought my friend, Lurker's Cloud of Steel!
    - Well we'll see what Mr. Healing Word and Herr Forgemaster's has to say about that!
    - Weren't they at a party last night? I heard they have a terrible case of Righteousness today.

• Options
    nevets6169nevets6169 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i seriously hope that, they will remove this debuff
    all others class get beneficial buff
    why oni cleric got debuff?
    i start with cleric, stop at lv2x because of this debuff
    train a CW and Rogue to lv60, but my love is till with cleric
    The 40% debuff is just too much

if this patch dun fix the debuff, i will leave this game
    no point suffering when playing a char that we love
  • Options
    chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nevets6169 wrote: »
    i seriously hope that, they will remove this debuff
    all others class get beneficial buff
    why oni cleric got debuff?
    i start with cleric, stop at lv2x because of this debuff
    train a CW and Rogue to lv60, but my love is till with cleric
    The 40% debuff is just too much

if this patch dun fix the debuff, i will leave this game
    no point suffering when playing a char that we love

The intent was that we would supposedly consume as many potions as other classes. What they failed to realize is that we consume more than any other class.
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Let's face it, Cryptic hates clerics. They nerf shield and randomly add a -40% self heal debuff, rofl. It's kinda obvious, now they are ignoring the 100 threads made by not only clerics, but other people and still haven't fixed many of the bugs but did for GF and such. This company hates the class. We're squishy w/o shield, our heals are trash compared to add damage, this isn't a cleric this is a slave healer. Last MMO I played the cleric were almost - if not invincible and had around 400k HP while other class had nearly half or a quartar of that, they also had 3 heals and 2 blocks to counter. Let's face it, cleric in this game is worst cleric in all MMO history when this patch hits.
  • Options
    warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    Let's face it, Cryptic hates clerics. They nerf shield and randomly add a -40% self heal debuff, rofl. It's kinda obvious, now they are ignoring the 100 threads made by not only clerics, but other people and still haven't fixed many of the bugs but did for GF and such. This company hates the class. We're squishy w/o shield, our heals are trash compared to add damage, this isn't a cleric this is a slave healer. Last MMO I played the cleric were almost - if not invincible and had around 400k HP while other class had nearly half or a quartar of that, they also had 3 heals and 2 blocks to counter. Let's face it, cleric in this game is worst cleric in all MMO history when this patch hits.

They didn't randomly add Righteousness it's been in.. it's a bad mechanic.. but it's already in play so it's not a randomly added thing at all... also the Shield isn't a nerf it's a bug fix.
    Thori-Siggy-2_zps2ccf70bd.png
  • Options
    uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They need to get rid of it.
    That's all.

No other class but cleric has a debuff class passive. This is ridiculous.
    Even if AS healed 3x more, the cleric wouldn't be a god because:
    1: there now will be 5sec with no AS
    2: most dps class except GWF can heavy burst you and kill you within 2 seconds, 1v1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    warsiren wrote: »
    They didn't randomly add Righteousness it's been in.. it's a bad mechanic.. but it's already in play so it's not a randomly added thing at all... also the Shield isn't a nerf it's a bug fix.

If you want to call it a bug fix that's immaterial to the fact that the end result is a nerf to the current skill. If you want to bring up Cleric bugs there are others to look at as well, really they should have been fixed already.

But putting aside the individual labels that people put on these to suit their position, the overarching picture is of a class that has a range of poorly structured and, in some cases near ineffective skills. The whitewash used to cover over this poor design is Astral Shield.

I'm not a fan of a class having an array of near useless skills propped up by one aoe spam. The patch talks about balance.

The cleric skill set needs balancing. It is ok to reduce the effectiveness of Astral Shield, it shouldn't stack, but if the duration is going to be reduced then the other skills should be improved at the same time.
    Players want a well rounded set of healing skills. All they are currently getting is a reduction to the sticking plaster skill while the others are ignored.

As for Righteousness, it really doesn't matter how long it's been in the game, it is simply a meaningless nerf. I question - why is it there?
    PVP balance? you have got to be kidding. With the Astral Shield reduction, Clerics could have +40 healing and they will still be flattened in 2 seconds when AS is down. But even when AS is up, Clerics just get knocked out of the circle, then wiped out.
    PVE - a group healer that gets a penalty healing one of the group - are you serious? Is this to get the class to use pots like others? We already get through pots like they are going out of fashion. So removal of Righteousness may result in us using less pots - wow! game breaking change there then. Or are they just concerned about their cash shop revenue?

Remove this meaningless nerf, fix the other Cleric bugs and balance the skill set to give us a well rounded healing playing experience.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lyaise wrote: »
    If you want to call it a bug fix that's immaterial to the fact that the end result is a nerf to the current skill. If you want to bring up Cleric bugs there are others to look at as well, really they should have been fixed already.

But putting aside the individual labels that people put on these to suit their position, the overarching picture is of a class that has a range of poorly structured and, in some cases near ineffective skills. The whitewash used to cover over this poor design is Astral Shield.

I'm not a fan of a class having an array of near useless skills propped up by one aoe spam. The patch talks about balance.

The cleric skill set needs balancing. It is ok to reduce the effectiveness of Astral Shield, it shouldn't stack, but if the duration is going to be reduced then the other skills should be improved at the same time.
    Players want a well rounded set of healing skills. All they are currently getting is a reduction to the sticking plaster skill while the others are ignored.

As for Righteousness, it really doesn't matter how long it's been in the game, it is simply a meaningless nerf. I question - why is it there?
    PVP balance? you have got to be kidding. With the Astral Shield reduction, Clerics could have +40 healing and they will still be flattened in 2 seconds when AS is down. But even when AS is up, Clerics just get knocked out of the circle, then wiped out.
    PVE - a group healer that gets a penalty healing one of the group - are you serious? Is this to get the class to use pots like others? We already get through pots like they are going out of fashion. So removal of Righteousness may result in us using less pots - wow! game breaking change there then. Or are they just concerned about their cash shop revenue?

Remove this meaningless nerf, fix the other Cleric bugs and balance the skill set to give us a well rounded healing playing experience.

I never said righteousness wasn't stupid. It is, I'm just stating that people are acting like it's new and it's not.
    Also I'm a Dwarf, I don't run into the KB issue nearly as much as non Dwarf Clerics :P.. regardless, that just means perhaps we need to start stocking up on other stats as have been slated by many others because of the Bug Fix to the AS duration.

If you keep trying to play the game as you are now you're going to fall on your face. The Build I'm running on the test server is holding up quite well in PuGs but it requires you to be spot on with tagging targets with BoS. But that's for another thread at another time.
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To be honest I can see problems. There's a range of people playing Clerics, some may "be spot on" with tagging etc. Others may try and not do it, fall on their faces as you say- and then we have problems.
    They will get discouraged, either re-roll or play something else - end result is the same - no Cleric.
    kb issues - well it won't really help that much after the patch. Our good friends TR's will just wait until AS is down then introduce themselves - painfully.
    Ok Righteousness out, but the major point of my post was the whole skill structure of the class - it needs correctly balancing out, because at the moment it just isn't.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    So have to post here, I've been running a cleric since the first beta, and MAN! lots of have changed since then..

First off, if any clerics have not yet done so, please join the test server and take a look at how your current build is now pretty much useless and a respec WILL be required.

1) aggro has been addressed, I generated a lot less aggro, so much in fact that a GWF was actually able to pull adds off me, ALL of them. But I think that has more to do with the fact that the GWF was given so many fixes, and aggro buffs, that it will become a playable class now and might actually get some Epic Dungeon time in parties after the 20th.

2) debuff persists at the current -40% self healing

3) Dragons HP has been reduced, however the same number of ridiculous adds remain. You will still be dodging adds, and as you all know, dodging equates to no heals as you move about.

4) Was not able to kite adds as before as I was forced to constantly stop and use heal pots or drop a useless heal on myself. So... I just stood there and took a beating till someone got the adds off me (yes.. they did pull the adds - and it should be noted that this was a test to see if they could get aggro off a cleric - success!)

5) Knockback - Clerics have NO ability to prevent knock back this causes us to be knocked OUT of divinity mode, and in allot of cases, I am sure you will all agree, cause us to be tossed around like hack n sack ball. (run CN or FH and see what I mean). You cant heal ANYONE let alone yourself while being tossed about like that. I know this is a tad off topic, but I wanted to point out that the clerics issues are not just this debuff.

6) Astral Shield. Even with my 3800 Recovery, there is a 14.5 second cool down and the duration of the shield is MAYBE 10seconds. That means no shield for 5 seconds. (approx) So make sure you have Hallowed ground down between, oh.. wait. no, make sure you have another cleric so you can alternate. ya ya that's what is really going to happen, isn't it? And make sure to stand in each others shield so you can get the regen buff. Oh.. bring healing ward, so you and the other cleric can spam each other with it, that way you might actually survive. play a game of pong with the healing ball and dodge knockbacks.

7) Bastion of Health - hahahahahahahahahaha Right, who uses this waist of a skill anyway? has a long cast time, MASSIVE cool down and a CRAPPY heal, use sunburst twice in the time it takes to cool down, its instant and heals for more than BoH anyway. (Yet another PoS skill for clerics)

8) Divinity Pips - seemed somewhat slower to regain on the test server (will test this more) but for some reason, where I normally could keep 3 pips, I could barely keep 1 and a half. perhaps this had to do with all the moving but I will as I said test it more.

The issue is clear. No one at cryptic has played a cleric, no one has any clue what they are doing with clerics. It's almost as if they don't want them played. If anyone had, they would have realized that even back in Beta we used just as many pots as anyone else, and I have no idea where they got the idea we had more gold. That was full horse <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. By the time I hit 60 I had only 8 gold. My 60 CW had 30, my 60 GF had 43. So..... where is the gold advantage??? lolz. horse poopie. And now.. as it's been said. Every other class is richer than we are because.. hell, we save them tones on pots with our heals. I honestly considered CHARGING 20 gold to heal an Epic dungeon, or demand 20 kits and 100 pots. But instead I now only play my DC when Guildies need a 2nd cleric. And after testing on the test server, I think that will remain the case. There are nothing but nerfs for the cleric in this upcoming patch, and I see no balance what so ever.

PVP, I don't do it. Why? Who wants to die all the time? Always targeted, stun locked and owned. Cant pop a heal cause well, our self heal is gimped to the point of uselessness, bring pots. ... OH! WAIT! that's the idea isn't it? BUY HEAL STONES.. CAUSE SOMEONE HAS TO PAY TO KEEP THE GAME ONLINE. I've already spent FAR too much on ZEN. I am sorry to say cryptic, I'll not spend another dime, but then you already have my 500 + bucks, so why do you give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> right? You cant even respond to this thread. SHAME ON YOU.

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

lyaise wrote: »
    To be honest I can see problems. There's a range of people playing Clerics, some may "be spot on" with tagging etc. Others may try and not do it, fall on their faces as you say- and then we have problems.
    They will get discouraged, either re-roll or play something else - end result is the same - no Cleric.
    kb issues - well it won't really help that much after the patch. Our good friends TR's will just wait until AS is down then introduce themselves - painfully.
    Ok Righteousness out, but the major point of my post was the whole skill structure of the class - it needs correctly balancing out, because at the moment it just isn't.

Actually Rogues took a rather nasty hit to DPS GWF didn't get too much of a damage buff so over all, it's not as bad on the test server as you're making it out to be. I don't disagree that our skills need a good look over, though.
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually Rogues took a rather nasty hit to DPS GWF didn't get too much of a damage buff so over all, it's not as bad on the test server as you're making it out to be. I don't disagree that our skills need a good look over, though.

The major part of the DPS loss Rogues are freaking out about, was a bug - and it got fixed today in a patch on the preview server.
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Nobody said it was just put in. I said they randomly put it in, I meant from the beginning. Why is it there? That's like putting "enemy damage is 40% more effective on you" on a gf.
    I never said righteousness wasn't stupid. It is, I'm just stating that people are acting like it's new and it's not.
    Also I'm a Dwarf, I don't run into the KB issue nearly as much as non Dwarf Clerics :P.. regardless, that just means perhaps we need to start stocking up on other stats as have been slated by many others because of the Bug Fix to the AS duration.

If you keep trying to play the game as you are now you're going to fall on your face. The Build I'm running on the test server is holding up quite well in PuGs but it requires you to be spot on with tagging targets with BoS. But that's for another thread at another time.
    Quite well you say. We still are garbage in PvP and don't get first, almost ever.
  • Options
    gokkensgokkens Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Rogues did not get nerfed or suffer in pvp!

There rediculess overpowered shocking execution can no longer oneshot any class now it can only 2 shot! what a bad daily!

there skills also scales better now with stats so all in all good geared rogues still deal more damage on every ability except there daily

that is not a nerf!
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why is it there you ask? This article is based on a Q & A session in reddit with cryptic devs.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/249375

As you can see from this extract from Grant Allen ("Cryptic_LordAzrael") the original reason for adding righteousness was we were not chugging enough potions.

"Regarding Cleric self heals, they will likely remain fairly minor for the Cleric. This is to help balance the fact that Clerics don't need to use as many health potions as other classes. Before the self heal reduction, Clerics would pretty much always have more gold than all other classes."
  • Options
    xouk87xouk87 Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    How about balancing the fact that cleric have no survivability ( unless the packs it only , and then they heal and dps poorly ) or no dmg output( unless there is someone to tank for long enough to throw some 3 aoe skills do a lot of dmg and die , because you know aggro). In pvp pots are not for gold so again, STUPID!. A rogue can kill 5 times as fast and will waste 1 pot where cleric due to low single mob damage will use 3. I dont know whats with other classes but i have ridicolously large amount of utility slot which are also useless ( mo the issue here i guess). MY point is, yes they wouldn't use as many potions without the skill maybe, BUT they would kill a lot slower than any other class so it balances out. I believe you should make decision based on people experience ( testers that is) So mr. Grant Allen, i can't kill a lot per hour. So i wont have an income of gold as big as any other class. And i will die most of all the c lasses since i will be least healed in Dungeon so more kits i have to use. Bottomline wanting to " balance out" things, they became unbalanced the other way around, clerics wasting more golds than others.
  • Options
    daggerintheheartdaggerintheheart Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    "Regarding Cleric self heals, they will likely remain fairly minor for the Cleric. This is to help balance the fact that Clerics don't need to use as many health potions as other classes. Before the self heal reduction, Clerics would pretty much always have more gold than all other classes."
    f2p logic
    /10char
  • Options
    gokkensgokkens Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I like how the article stat, that clerics should be able to kickass aswell so thats the reason they have lower healing because they are not a healbot.

but at the moment, we have both very weak damage and very very weak healing?

ofc I would like to be a battle healer because I have more things to do, and the game would be more action packed and not just tunnel vision on health bars.

but atm I can do nothing so I would settle for tunnel vision!
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    **** this game. PWE, you should be expecting a chargeback. What a ****ing disappointment.
  • Options
    arlacharlach Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    Why is it there you ask? This article is based on a Q & A session in reddit with cryptic devs.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/249375

As you can see from this extract from Grant Allen ("Cryptic_LordAzrael") the original reason for adding righteousness was we were not chugging enough potions.

Once again we're shown that cryptic obviously doesn't play their own game.............
    mega fail!
  • Options
    jezgafysjezgafys Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I find is that the skill isn't actually righteous in any way shape or form. To be truly righteous it needs to debuff yourself in benefit of others unless of course the tool tip is wrong and it debuffs yourself by 40% by increases their heals by 40%.

But anyways its not this buff I hate, I wouldn't care about this buff if aggro was fixed. Even with all the feats/powers etc to decrease aggro and the new changes in the balance patch I still find every add will home in on me during a fight meaning I can't build power my heals are low I spend more time running around dodging mobs than actually healing bloody stupid!

And in regards to more gold I have never played an mmo where a healer struggles to heal a themselves let alone a grp. Heal pots are supports to be used in an emergency not every other bloody second cause the healers can't keep up with damage loss.
  • Options
    elwardenfelwardenf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The funny thing I find here is (and I have said it before) the only other game I played where healing was "nerfed" was in LOTRO when playing as a mini - at least there, I was playing in war-stance, and at the expense of healing (% based reduction) my damage was increased. It has since changed a bit (but that a different matter).

In other games where I played a healer type class there were no self heal based reductions, but I could also survive by HEALING myself. We might have killed more slowly but we could HEAL ourselves.

So what if we did not have to stock up on potions. This is the first game I have found where the healer has to bring a cabinet of drugs just to heal themselves. "wait up there mr. rogue, just need to take another chug of this magical potion" *glug" *glug* *glug* (burp)