test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Concerns about Gauntlgrym...

chrossedchemicalchrossedchemical Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay, so we have the game's first twenty man raid coming up, and judging by the video it looks outstanding. It seems like it's going to be long, grueling, frustrating, and of course excellent for guild progression. However, I fear that it won't be rewarding. At the end of the video we got let know that the two separate instances would drop T1 and T2 armor...

Hang on a second...

You're introducing the first raiding dungeon in the game and there is no new loot to back it up? This is a big mistake, and over the past couple of days in talking with my guild and reading over forum posts it seems like something no one wants to be a fact.
What I am hoping for is this: That we as the community have called out the fact that we have 2 different variants of stats types, one being better then the other as Tier 1 and Tier 2. When in actuality only the top tier or "T2" is a tier set, and the one before it isn't.

That doesn't make any sense though. In the tool tip instructions listed before you queue for certain dungeons, it lists what part of the Tier set will drop. Which means we are getting a brand new raid... without any NEW loot to back up it's difficulty.
If I beat out another top guild on our shard in the PvP part of Gauntlgrym I want to shove it in their face when I'm walking around protector's enclave with the loot I received from the better dungeon.
Where what is going to happen is everyone is going to already be geared out in T2 gear to get ready for Gauntlgrym, and the loot will just get blasted on the AH.
Which will in turn do nothing but drive the prices of T2 sets down, and allow EVERYONE to get them a hell of a lot easier. This also doesn't allow people the right they have to show off something rare, something new, and create envy in order for people to actually want to do Gauntlgrym.

The solution is simple. Announce that the loot is a place holder, and start working on a T3 set to replace the T2 set in GG, and push the T2 loot cycle down to the T1 dungeon. Reduce the amount of T1 and T2 drops in dungeons prior to GG, and allow some of it to drop as "random" loot in Castle Never.

I'm very upset with this announcement. I think it's lazy, and needs to be addressed. Come on guys, you can do a lot better...
Post edited by chrossedchemical on

Comments

• Options
    themegaversethemegaverse Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I very much agree with this! The first raid in the game simply cannot hold the same loot as 5-man dungeons. It wont be rewarding at all, except for the fact that it probably is alot of fun.
  • Options
    thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    Yup. There's absolutely no incentive to run gauntylgrim aside from being bored.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully we can see some cool new companions coming from the Icon Vendor. But I have a feeling that after a couple weeks that loot will to become obsolete. That's something I've found out too. You guys really n eed to put in a means of destroying loot in order to gain access to trade supplies. 60 greens might aswell auto turn into gold, and there is no need for the blue item drops as you can gear yourself out pretty easily in epics with drake seals, and the countless exploits people run in dungeons. Which again in turn has driven down prices of loot, and creates a lame fluctuated price for loot. Boring...
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    None of the information provided even suggests the reward dungeons are anything but 5 man content.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    None of the information provided even suggests the reward dungeons are anything but 5 man content.

Quoted to let it sink in.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    Quoted to let it sink in.

Some information that made it out of alpha (all the way back in march of this year) even has the queue system being built on a 5 person group.
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On completion of the 20 vs 20 PvP both teams are split into random mismatched 5 man groups to tackle the dungeon.

I really hope I'm wrong but unfortunately this sounds legit....
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    clortbags wrote: »
    On completion of the 20 vs 20 PvP both teams are split into random mismatched 5 man groups to tackle the dungeon.

I really hope I'm wrong but unfortunately this sounds legit....

For absolutely no reason I can fathom, the pvp portion of Gauntlegrym includes boss monsters. You'll just need to pvp in groups that can handle dungeons.
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't really care about the loot.
    It's a guild raid, so any gear we don't personally use will go into the Guild Bank for guild members who wish to use it.
    Gauntlgrym is all about the adventure. Having something else fun to do while waiting for content with a new level cap.

Raid was one of the key things missing during beta - and I'm typically a solo player!

The primary incentive to play Gauntlgrym is for the thrill and challenge of 20v20 competition in a new locale.
    I imagine we'll be getting Glory and AD and other stuff as well.
    Possibly some guild rep, too.

Of course, if you aren't interested in any of that, just wait for Fury of the Feywild.
    You know, that's the D&D expansions work. Not all content will fit your specific playstyle. Wait for something that does.
    We now Feywild is forthcoming.
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    For absolutely no reason I can fathom, the pvp portion of Gauntlegrym includes boss monsters. You'll just need to pvp in groups that can handle dungeons.

*imagines 20 rogue's at the entrance of dwarven king dungeon*
    "so guys, split up"
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    riqita wrote: »
    I don't really care about the loot.
    It's a guild raid, so any gear we don't personally use will go into the Guild Bank for guild members who wish to use it.
    Gauntlgrym is all about the adventure. Having something else fun to do while waiting for content with a new level cap.

Raid was one of the key things missing during beta - and I'm typically a solo player!

The primary incentive to play Gauntlgrym is for the thrill and challenge of 20v20 competition in a new locale.
    I imagine we'll be getting Glory and AD and other stuff as well.
    Possibly some guild rep, too.

Of course, if you aren't interested in any of that, just wait for Fury of the Feywild.
    You know, that's the D&D expansions work. Not all content will fit your specific playstyle. Wait for something that does.
    We now Feywild is forthcoming.

The issue isnt there at first with your argument. The point I'm frustrated with is there is no intensive to return. Let's look at what has to go into Gauntlgrym first. You will need to set up your group accordingly, and arrange for every guild member who wants to participate in the group. From past experiences this can be somewhat time consuming when 2 3 or 4 people don't show up.
    Next you need to make sure everyone is on vent or TS, and have between 2 and 3 people guiding you towards the goal.
    Then we are talking about a PvE event, into a PvP event then back to a PvE event. This takes a lot of time to do, as raids should do. However the rewards are great, or at least should be.

My post isnt about the fact that GG will be fun and progressive for your guild, its about the fact that GG is going to sit as an empty raid after two weeks of it being open because there is no reward to conquer. We're talking about a very time consuming event with no new rewards to attain. Granted it will be fun, and a good team building exercise but that's not the point I'm trying to make. Why would I spend 2-3 hours in Gauntlgrym when the same rewards can be attained in 5man dungeons with a lot less potions and effort being used?

After I run it the single one time, what is going to want me to keep coming back? Is it really going to be THAT fun? How long until it turns into another grind fest for simple rewards?