test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you like to see a report button added specifically for bots?

ghostninjahghostninjah Member Posts: 58
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
this topic is about bots, exploits and the future of neverwinter.
Post edited by ghostninjah on

Comments

• mrz1mmersmrz1mmers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    YES! I'm seeing bots in every single PVP match, I usually don't report because the whole ticket process is way too much of a hassle, If I could simply right click on a persons portrait and click a report menu option, I'd be far more likely to report the bots and hackers I come across(and yes there ARE people hacking in PVP).... I know there's a huge chance for an influx of false reports with an in-game report feature, but cryptic really has to do something about these bots, they're taking pvp by storm!
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most ridiculous poll ever. Congrats.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • ghostninjahghostninjah Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Most ridiculous poll ever. Congrats.
    Kind of like this game?
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Kind of like this game?

Someone has never heard of Battlecruiser 3000 AD.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited June 2013
    I can't wait to play a team of 20 bots in the gauntlgrym :cool:
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    like the answer, It doesn't matter the problem will never be fixed. this is F2P, people come and go, ban 1 account create another. bots, cheats every MMO has it
  • tjoeketjoeke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    easy profit for powerlevelservices.
    altough banning the bot accounts won't help, it's better than nothing and denying some of the cashflow for those sites (not a great impact for them).

UigfWuB.png
    It's games like this that are rather annoying, easy and fast win for the nonbot team, but it feels wrong.
    edited June 2013
    Neverwinter has no pvp :( its just another easy mode pve dungeon
  • masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Yea! Lets ban all IP adresses!!
    Maybe you should read the wiki article about IPv4 ...
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • cujo669cujo669 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This poll is moot since there is no way to positively identify a bot unless you have access to data banks and server logs. This button would be spammed all day.
    edited June 2013
    bs, scripts/bots always follow the exact same movement pattern. Easy as hell to recognize.

Most bots I've seen simply run to bases on foot, if they encounter an enemy player they will generally not use encounters, instead they will simply chop away with their at-wills.... and hit you for practically nothing and be really really easy to kill.

I have seen bots that use horses to go from base to base, but they will not fight at all, they simply stand at the base and take whatever damage they're dealt.

There will be people who are actually not bots that get reported, but that's why it's cryptics job to investigate and see if there is any merit to the report.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

You would do better by banning MAC address then IP Addresses...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    5 bots in a row joined my PvP match. I didn't manage to get the last one replaced by the time the match started; so needless to say, we lost.

This is aboslutely absurd. This was the level 40-49 bracket; they were still using level 9 gear. Just goes to show how long these bots have been running.

This is becoming a massive problem; it has to be stopped.
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Obvious answer here is yes. What is worse is when you see a real player who has a bot on a following script, made to attack the closest person so as to make the participation clause completely useless in combatting bots.
    edited June 2013
    well when everyone quits and moved on to a better game at least cryptic will still have bots to play there game.
    edited June 2013
    well when everyone quits and moved on to a better game at least cryptic will still have bots to play there game.

You quitting? Buh bye then, I'll still be playing, I'm not letting something so trivial and stupid ruin my game experience, I just find it annoying, and something requiring action, not a deal breaker..... quit trying to turn your own thread from a "let us report the bots in-game" into a "wah cryptic was mean to me, ima quit and you should too" thread.
  • rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, lots of players botting farming mobs now. Seen a couple of them at Icespire. An option to report a player for botting or naming voilation would be great.
    edited June 2013
    mrz1mmers wrote: »
    You quitting? Buh bye then, I'll still be playing, I'm not letting something so trivial and stupid ruin my game experience, I just find it annoying, and something requiring action, not a deal breaker..... quit trying to turn your own thread from a "let us report the bots in-game" into a "wah cryptic was mean to me, ima quit and you should too" thread.
    Can you read? I never said was quitting fanboy