test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What storyline or campaign would you like to see in Neverwinter?

cthutubecthutube Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
OK, I'm sure more then a few of us have played tabletop Dungeons and Dragons, or read books based on the game.

So, what D&D storyline or tabletop campaign would you want to see in Neverwinter?

Doesn't have to be originally from Forgotten Realms.

A few I would like to see-

War Of The Spider Queen-

An awesome six part series that had Drow acting like... well, Drow. I always hated the clich
Post edited by cthutube on

Comments

• nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Check in the Foundry, some of the authors are putting old school modules in that way.
    (I know one of them is doing Ravenloft and another was talking about doing Dragonlance...)
    That's also the only way you'll likely see anything non-FR 4e era.
  • zephyrlizephyrli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    there's a story? i thought we just kill **** and pick up loot to make us able to kill more **** and pick up more....yadda yadda yaddaa blah blahg

actually joking aside i was really surprised to find things like the beholder tucked away in a crappy lvl 59 skirmish that is really really lacking any depth whatsoever. the beholder is one mean <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of a boss. Im not a huge DnD fanboy but from bits i remember from my childhood i'd like to see some more of the old staples appear more prominantly in the games main dungeons.
  • cthutubecthutube Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    Check in the Foundry, some of the authors are putting old school modules in that way.
    (I know one of them is doing Ravenloft and another was talking about doing Dragonlance...)
    That's also the only way you'll likely see anything non-FR 4e era.

Yeah, but a fool can dream can't he?
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It'd be cool to delve into Planescape a little. Another neat thing would be something involving someone from a more modern gunpowder age accidentally (or purposefully) coming to Neverwinter and either trying to plan an overthrow or being used to that end.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Spelljammer :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see the storyline that brings us to the fourth(?) incarnation of Mystra. ;)

I want to fight my way to and defeat the greedy Beholder that guards one of Mystra's precious artifacts. Then hand-deliver the artifact to The Lady of Mysteries herself. And be rewarded with the daily power Silver Fire! :eek:
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    It'd be cool to delve into Planescape a little. Another neat thing would be something involving someone from a more modern gunpowder age accidentally (or purposefully) coming to Neverwinter and either trying to plan an overthrow or being used to that end.

Drakedge has some great planescape work in the Foundry. I am not in front of my gaming computer but I'm like 100% sure it's extremely highly played & on the best list as one of the higher rated quests: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?148441-Planescape-The-Skeleton-Key

Secret Agent 34 (below) deals more with a nuclear threat, which I think has a little bit more downside than gunpowder.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • jormunrekjormunrek Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lankhmar (but make it a region expansion)
    Expedition to the Barrier Peaks
    Tomb of Horrors (would only be really fun with perma-death rules)

Jorm
  • silverreyvatielsilverreyvatiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm willing to bet that when the Drow race is available for all (not the Renegade) Someone will make a Foundry Quest based on War of the Spider Queen. I'd love to, but since I've only read the first 3 books (Recently ordered the last three) and am currently re-reading the first book, I wouldn't know how to do the story and set up for the dungeons, also making it open for all races besides the Drow without it being awkward. So it would be one of those that would state best for Drow characters.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The throne of bloodstone. Using the four 100th level characters that was a sweet one.

Notice we all have listed 2nd and 3rd edition rules only stuff... HUmmm thats got to say something about the lame 4th edition rules
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The throne of bloodstone. Using the four 100th level characters that was a sweet one.

Notice we all have listed 2nd and 3rd edition rules only stuff... HUmmm thats got to say something about the lame 4th edition rules

I haven't played pnp DnD since 2000ish, so haven't even looked at 4e
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Spelljammer :)

Wotc has quietly cut that IP's throat and left it to bleed out in a back alley.

You won't find so much as a Gythyankee in Waterdeep now.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • cthutubecthutube Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm willing to bet that when the Drow race is available for all (not the Renegade) Someone will make a Foundry Quest based on War of the Spider Queen. I'd love to, but since I've only read the first 3 books (Recently ordered the last three) and am currently re-reading the first book, I wouldn't know how to do the story and set up for the dungeons, also making it open for all races besides the Drow without it being awkward. So it would be one of those that would state best for Drow characters.

The first three books were pure awesome and made me fall in love with the drow. The last three... wow those first three books were awesome huh?