test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Balance and Gameplay Update - post your feedback here!

Comments

• iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zaarel2 wrote: »
    I really have enjoyed playing this game thus far. I am being patient with bugs etc during the final polishing of the game. I did decide to spend money on both a founders pack as well as a few purchases in the Zen store. I did that all based on my CW who has generally been a fun solo character. I surely don't feel in the upper forties to mid fifties I am in now that he is OP for PVE. I dont understand the following changes for PVE at all:

Conduit of Ice: The primary effect of this power is now considered a DoT for damage calculation.
    Entangling Force: This power is now considered a DoT for damage calculation.
    Ray of Enfeeblement: This power is now considered a DoT for damage calculation.
    Ray of Enfeeblement: The benefits from ranking up this power have been decreased.
    Ray of Enfeeblement: The debuff applied by this power is now less powerful.

I am squishy and wear cloth. I need to be able to burn things down fast and / or control and evade. I certainly dont see that these changes were counterbalanced with increased control. Why change these to DoT? Secondly simply saying changed to DoT means very little. Over what period of time? How much was the debuff reduced? What was it originally? If these are now DoTs over long periods of time they will be essentially worthless. I don't PVP a lot so maybe these make sense for PVP but they make no sense to me whatsoever for PVE play.

I certainly hope this doesn't go through OR another viable caster path is added for DPS or I am definately going to regret the money spent.

CW IS op for PvE if played correctly by an experienced player plus the term is used mostly for end game dungeons where a CW is very very strong. You are not in end game yet ,as I'm sure you know, plus you are far from experienced in playing a CW..If you want to check the specifics of the changes just play the test shard (it is up already). First get a grasp of what the changes do in a good CW with good gear(not you) and then express opinions and threats about the changes..
  • canishelixcanishelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    This patch is bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> .... thanks to the over nerfing of Rogue... 60% what??
    yes rogues are about as deadly as crib full of babies now

we are gonna see more CW in play...

what are the developers looking at? They don't nerf the super OP class CW but just give in to all the cry babies who cry OP ..

seriously wake up ur bloody idea devs...

else ur gonna kill this game....

I object to the nerfings...

if anything just buff GWF....

I love this game.... and thought it was the best for this year pls dun disappoint me... with such stunts....
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    canishelix wrote: »
    This patch is bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> .... thanks to the over nerfing of Rogue... 60% what??

U can still one shot ppl in pvp with 50% hp or less with SE. Bleed is nerfed by 50% but u still have crazy dps from DF I don't feel any less OP as a TR.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    CW IS op for PvE if played correctly by an experienced player plus the term is used mostly for end game dungeons where a CW is very very strong. You are not in end game yet ,as I'm sure you know, plus you are far from experienced in playing a CW..If you want to check the specifics of the changes just play the test shard (it is up already). First get a grasp of what the changes do in a good CW with good gear(not you) and then express opinions and threats about the changes..

change style from glass canon to simply DPS, cause OP in end game
    s3z3 wrote: »
    U can still one shot ppl in pvp with 50% hp or less with SE. Bleed is nerfed by 50% but u still have crazy dps from DF I don't feel any less OP as a TR.

change style from Damage Dealer to simply DPS, cause OP in PvP

have anyone tried in test server the epic dungeons? like epic Dread Vault or Karrundax perhaps? no, not using the fully prepared lvl 60 that the equipment already in final stage but in normal equipment, like when you guys still grind for those equipment
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    canishelix wrote: »

we are gonna see more CW in play...

what are the developers looking at? They don't nerf the super OP class CW but just give in to all the cry babies who cry OP ..

seriously wake up ur bloody idea devs...

else ur gonna kill this game....

I object to the nerfings...

if anything just buff GWF....

I love this game.... and thought it was the best for this year pls dun disappoint me... with such stunts....
    You obviously haven't read all of the complaints about the CW getting nerfed. This is D&D classes are not balanced for 1 on 1 play. They are designed to complement each other, i.e. teamwork. Remember this is primarily a PvE game, not PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • droodz92droodz92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

"Being a 12K CW who runs Castle Never every day 5 to 6 times a day, I'm telling you that all your nerfs for CW will have too much impact in the PVE. You nerf "Ray of enfeeblement" BY FEATS, BY BASE DAMAGE AND BY %DMG BY RANK, It's our ONLY DESCENT "MONO TARGET" SPELL, You've made shadow weaver worthless, CW will practically be useless except to push mobs from ledge. Buffing sudden storm? Cool we'll have to be a melee hero, seriously you dev should play CW instead of playing other classes. thanks for making all end game content CW reroll to ranger, your changes look like you overreacted to crying kid. we were the more BALANCED CLASS."

"We do have a perfect balance between crowd control (steal time + shield) you're nerfing stack of steal time, ok so we'll do less shield and less control (so why are you trying to say that you nerfed us to make us a more "controlling" class) then, you UP spells that will never be used in PvE. I'm not crying for the % of damage i'm gonna lose, I'm crying for the buffs and debuffs I'm providing to my party and especially the TR. You've put CoI as a DoT when it should be an AoE spell. Chill Strike "TAB" shouldn't you place it as an AoE spell to? I don't get your ideas they seems all wrong.

For QQ'ing people, If we're first DPS it's because when we PUSH adds of ledge they don't die, THEY FELL, and when they do the damage from the falling is INCORORATED to our DPS, that's why at the last boss of CN Control Wizard gains 20Millions DPS at the end, if those damage were not incorporated no one will see CW has such a GREAT DPS class when were just good at AoE + Control. Ray was the only one to be useful during BOSS situation for debuff + great damage on SINGLE TARGET.

You want to nerf the CW in PVP but it's a double-edged sword, you guys just nerfed the PVE 2 times the equivalent.
    Has a lot of people were saying: THOSE UP ARE PERFECT, I want a GF and a GWF with me, the shield for cleric nerfed is completely understandable, but Nerfing CW is stupid, I'll stay on this note."

In a CN we finish first with 30 to 60M DPS because we push creeps at the last boss, without that we're way behind TR or even a good GWF.
  • griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am greatly enjoying the game. First and foremost, Thank you for a decent F2P game.
    Secondly, all those that are complaining about nerfs and loss of power on any class you are playing, did you not understand when you were signing up and 'reading' the Terms of Use (LOL) that there would be changes to classes, skills, powers etc? It's a BATA release of the game. There are always going to be changes to classes before a Live release and after to balance gameplay and make it more fun for those playing other classes.
    I don't understand the reasoning for those complaining about CW nerfing either, its not like you are getting extra loot, XP, gold, magic pixie dust for doing more dmg than a TR/GW/GWF. Its all just a big arguement over nothing, its bragging right that "I did more damage than you." *clap clap clap* Grats!
    It's a D&D game people, its supposed to be about story line immersion and episodic adventures, not trying to gank that Healer from across the map like some t-bagging Halo player. If you want to just murder other players, buy Call of Duty or some other shooter.

As far as actual patch feedback:
    1. Disabled Need vote for items your class cant use - excellent
    2. Less talkative NPCs - better than excellent, (I know I can exchange my AD's for Wonderous Items! STFU already! Lol)
    3. Char change from 'Esc' menu - excellent, I dont want to have to relog if I have to change chars.

Possible ideas for future patches:
    1. Seperate versions of PvP and PvE skills so the PvPers and PvEers can stop complaining that the one is causing the other to get nerfed
    2. Someone had mentioned adding another Postal Worker, I think that could be handy, along with a get all button from your mail.
    3. A tweak to the Delve queueing system so when you are trying to get into a queue for the hour long starts, you dont waste 45 min standing in town afraid to start anything else for fear of dropping from the queue.

Thanks again Cryptic and Perfect World! Great game so far!

Sigh always the sheep of the group is calling.

A CW is DMG and Debuff/Control. While you may not care about dem deeps, a dps'er who is endgame and a bit more hardcore definitely does and any competent game dev is aware of that fact.
  • juniasjunias Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In regards to the change where you can't need something your class can't use, I also suggest making the need option automatically bind the item to the character to prevent potential abuse. This will allow everyone the equal opportunity to greed items to sell for profit.
  • faces0fmufaces0fmu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've just started playing this weekend and have been enjoying myself quite well. Other than some small game mechanics, the biggest thing that brings me to checking the web for Neverwinter is any news on new classes.
    Will there be an announcement on this before launch?
  • veleriawhitewolfveleriawhitewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    Having done some testing on my GWF, the power Daring shout when specced in the sentinel tree gives virtually zero threat. I had another GWF walk up to a group of mobs and swing his weapon one time. I then used Daring shout to mark the targets and take threat. non of the targets he hit came to me. The targets that were outside his swing arc and therefore were not hit did come. There were 4 mobs in the pack so we did not hit the target limit. Currently this power generates less threat than a single at-will attack swing.
  • werylanwerylan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not so sure how you guys missed this but we really could use a way to respec out on the test/preview shard. Kinda hard to test things without that.
  • metalkattmetalkatt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see the mage class have access to one or two basic heals, some area-effect damage, and a basic sort of melee. It's difficult when I get swarmed and have no way to aoe. I don't always have access to a tank, and saying 'well, just play with one' isn't really a solution.
  • flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I started with a GWF, got to 60 and geared it up. Then I started a CW and am now leveling fast. The thing is that CW can do AoE damage just as well if not better than GWF. It's ridiculous how powerful it is. You can pull 20 mobs and have no problems dispatching them with AoE, at level thirty-something. Not to mention all the CC it has.

My point is that tweaking GWF's cooldowns and such won't change much. The whole class needs an overhaul. Something new so it's wanted in dungeons. I will make that CW my main and wait until GWF is worth playing again. I hope that's soon.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I suppose a fair point about the fact I am not a lvl 60 geared for end game. Having said that I think it fair to ask for numerical definition of the changes. I dont have hours a day to test on the test shard to determine if I will still enjoy the solo game. I do have enough gaming experience to know that changing a spell like Ray from immediate damage to DoT is a significant change to single target damage.
  • arkisricarkisric Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why balancing CW's isn't a bad idea... gear score under 9000 but...[IMG]C:\Users\Jonathan\solo 5.png[/IMG]Not sure if i did that right so if a picture doesn't show would appreciate advice on how to do it :)
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am greatly enjoying the game. First and foremost, Thank you for a decent F2P game.
    Secondly, all those that are complaining about nerfs and loss of power on any class you are playing, did you not understand when you were signing up and 'reading' the Terms of Use (LOL) that there would be changes to classes, skills, powers etc? It's a BATA release of the game. There are always going to be changes to classes before a Live release and after to balance gameplay and make it more fun for those playing other classes.
    I don't understand the reasoning for those complaining about CW nerfing either, its not like you are getting extra loot, XP, gold, magic pixie dust for doing more dmg than a TR/GW/GWF. Its all just a big arguement over nothing, its bragging right that "I did more damage than you." *clap clap clap* Grats!
    It's a D&D game people, its supposed to be about story line immersion and episodic adventures, not trying to gank that Healer from across the map like some t-bagging Halo player. If you want to just murder other players, buy Call of Duty or some other shooter.

As far as actual patch feedback:
    1. Disabled Need vote for items your class cant use - excellent
    2. Less talkative NPCs - better than excellent, (I know I can exchange my AD's for Wonderous Items! STFU already! Lol)
    3. Char change from 'Esc' menu - excellent, I dont want to have to relog if I have to change chars.

Possible ideas for future patches:
    1. Seperate versions of PvP and PvE skills so the PvPers and PvEers can stop complaining that the one is causing the other to get nerfed
    2. Someone had mentioned adding another Postal Worker, I think that could be handy, along with a get all button from your mail.
    3. A tweak to the Delve queueing system so when you are trying to get into a queue for the hour long starts, you dont waste 45 min standing in town afraid to start anything else for fear of dropping from the queue.

Thanks again Cryptic and Perfect World! Great game so far!

mmhmm. This is well put and hard to argue. Agreed.
  • rob2380rob2380 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When you nerf one skill, that is one thing but when you nerf multiple at the same time. I really hope your test people know wtf they are doing. Because thats when idiots break things and a class can get more then an intended nerf. I didn't mind rogues one bit could **** them all the same. Except the stay in stealth none stop ones. Also gf charging me to 2 death is that fixed?
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    arkisric wrote: »
    Why balancing CW's isn't a bad idea... gear score under 9000 but...[IMG]C:\Users\Jonathan\solo 5.png[/IMG]Not sure if i did that right so if a picture doesn't show would appreciate advice on how to do it :)

This made me lol so hard, :)

I used to be a newb to the interwebs before too :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    And when this wonderful patch is planned to become live ?

Cause I don't feel like it's a good idea to play my char I just deleted from 60 and created again for the moment... Don't wanna **** my leveling all over again.
  • arkisricarkisric Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This made me lol so hard, :)

I used to be a newb to the interwebs before too :P

What can I say :-) it's a gift. lol yeah as soon as i sent it ... Oh URL ahhh should have read that more carefully. I won't edit it to keep the amusement for everyone.
  • talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    Be nice if more people were on the preview shard to test these changes more extensively. :(
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Very first thing I noticed when I logged into the test server was the inability to tinker with powers and feats that have been changed. If you guys want feedback, you have to allow us the freedom to actually test things.

There should be limitless feat and powers respec tokens.
  • mcstrangemcstrange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    talesmith wrote: »
    Be nice if more people were on the preview shard to test these changes more extensively. :(

As a cleric i tested it and i can tell you now there wont be ANY clerics able to play with them nerfs its ridiculas, totally killed the cleric class and im not on about the 2 x astral shield stack as that had to go anyway but every cleric i know has stated they wont play it do to up time of astral shield nerf alone let alone the other nerfs, gg NW good luck finding clerics :mad:
  • talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    So now you'll actually have to time astral shield when it is needed, instead of just spamming it for permanent uptime? I don't see the problem here, neither did the groups and clerics I played with.
  • werylanwerylan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Could we get some respec ability on the test / preview server please? Really hard to test the changes if we can't actually you know .. test them .
  • rottensw0rdrottensw0rd Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    The GWF need a complete rework i mean they are the most useless race in the game they need to get in range to do any damage..first problem second all the other races can outrun them outdamage them and outcc them!! and the damage/skills are not that strong!!! So can we just rework the GWF kit in order to make them have a place in that game? and the shift/run..it must be the most useless skill on the game...Seriously? you press Shift to run? when the other races have dodge/shield/blink/etc/etc? and the GWF have run...Just rework them..
  • neonocturnaneonocturna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Companions now deal much greater damage to enemies with significantly higher level than their Rank, but a close level to their owner.
    Great, but this isn't the problem I have with my Cleric companion. The problem I have with the Cleric is that it generated -far- too much aggro for being a significantly lower Rank than the level of the enemies I was fighting. You'd think that even with no threat generation that enemies would be more likely to attack the level 55+ GWF beating their face in instead of the Rank 15 Cleric in the back healing me for a measly 100 HP. Granted, the changes to healing threat generation may help with this, but if my Cleric is doing more damage, wouldn't that add up to more threat anyways? Forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical about this change. Couple this with the current <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> AI of companions and I can't say that I'm satisfied with this when it comes to companions. They really need some more work done.

Overall though I'm very happy with this patch. Lots of lovely changes being added. Thanks for taking the time to listen to the player base. I really appreciate it. There is one minor change I would've loved to see added that isn't on the list though.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, please make it so when I close the Event Panel on the minimap that it -stays- closed, or at least add some sort of Option for this. I'm so tired of having to switch to Cursor Mode and click it closed again every single time I zone into anything or talk to any NPC.:(
  • omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let's put something in place that penalizes people who leave a party early. Once the queue is revamped to make sure Clerics aren't platinum-coated unicorns I feel it will be necessary to ban these people from dungeons for at least 24 hours for leaving after the mini-bosses in Epic dungeons. Also, with all the gripe over "only" getting T1 gear if they lose in Gauntlgrym, I think this may become a viable solution. Thank you.
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Very first thing I noticed when I logged into the test server was the inability to tinker with powers and feats that have been changed. If you guys want feedback, you have to allow us the freedom to actually test things.

There should be limitless feat and powers respec tokens.
    [/sarcasm] Yeah! So we can hop back and forth between servers and change our respec for free whenever we want until June 20th. [/s]
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • onyxghost1onyxghost1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How do access the test shard? Sorry newb question >_>