Thats it im making a cutscene lol
    Joachim the Coward
    NW-DKK8NIRO6
  • savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lumicakery wrote: »
    So you did fight them then? >.>
    Thats it im making a cutscene lol

No, I ran through like a chicken without a head. Lemme tell you, I RAN fast LOL - I saw like 20 mobs come at me, and I was like "uhm...NOPE cya!" haha.
  • darkaninddarkanind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    Finished your Foundry and left you a review earlier.

NW-DUCYKYQHA when you get time. Thank you!
  • scoobyflippindoscoobyflippindo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Second on my list for tomorrow morning! Please give mine a shot whenever ya get a sec as well thanks! Don't have the number off hand as im just perusing and about to go to bed but it is searchable by name now. Temple of Chaos. Thanks much in advance and look forward to your quest!
  • zuvielezuviele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    Hi Savai,
    I just accepted your quest. If you would be so kind, please check out the quest in my signature when you have a chance

Update:
    I enjoyed the quest. I thought all of the elements were very well done. I enjoyed the quirky mob names.

I have one modest complaint though: I don't know why I was doing any of that. I was sorta just running around a dungeon for fun? Also, the mob selection seemed a little random at times.

It would be nice if maybe the bird explained to me why I was there. Maybe it was explained somewhere and I just didn't pay attention.
    The Harper series (NWS-DG3ALMAAC):
    • Part 1: The Rescue (NW-DHWDQZ9YD)
    edited June 2013
    darkanind wrote: »
    Making dinner, then I'll play yours soon as I'm done.

Mine:
    NW-DUCYKYQHA

My only concern is the end encounter. I might have to change it to make it easier.

Hey I actually need help with your quest. I'm in the pub 'gathering information,' but I don't know what to do? I've spoke with everyone, I attempted to gather puzzles/clues but still can't figure out what I am doing. Maybe it's bugged? Either way, I can't even leave the pub right now :( - Can't figure out how to join Gares' Group :/ - stuck!
    helllppppp!

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT! NEVERMIND! Haha, that was tricky, honestly.
    Savai,
    edited June 2013
    darkanind wrote: »
    Making dinner, then I'll play yours soon as I'm done.

Mine:
    NW-DUCYKYQHA

My only concern is the end encounter. I might have to change it to make it easier.

Okay so I got'er done. And all in all, I really enjoyed it. 5/5 for sure.
    The ONLY thing I can think of is when you spawn the character after you are done with Tasig, the character falls and takes a good amount of damage. Not too sure what's up with that.
    Greatly played.
    Another thing is, I'm not too sure what audience you are attempting to attract with the puzzles. A lot of people *not myself, mind you* but A LOT of people prefer to just run through quests and get them done. Perhaps add a variance so that your waypoints are notable throughout the quest. Otherwise, if that is your intention, then job well done.
    Encounters were completely fine at the end btw:

Thanks !

Savai,
  • mllebeanmllebean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited June 2013
    Happy to trade reviews with you. My quest is a roughly 45 minute single person spoof adventure.

NW-DUTKDLBYI

Info and comments at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?326671-My-first-quest!-Kind-hearted-reviewers-wanted-)&p=4198891#post4198891
    edited June 2013
    avistar001 wrote: »
    That was pretty fun! I enjoyed it. I ran solo as lvl 33 cleric. Some spots were a little difficult but its like I always say... any day I live through, is a good day! When you have time, please review mine as well?

NW-DDVRNYRYY
    My thread is over here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?327772-Trading-reviews

thank you!
    ~Avi~
    @avistar001

I enjoyed this quest. I would have given it a 5 over a 4 if it wasn't so heavily wolf-based. It's a good idea to change up your monsters. Nonetheless, the storyline was top notch and encounters weren't overly difficult (I think I died only 4 times or so). It's best not to stack encounters as I've told everyone in this forum so far HAHA. You could also use a bit more d
    edited June 2013
    Happy to trade reviews with you. I’ll try to run your quest this weekend. My quest is a roughly 45 minute single person spoof adventure.

NW-DUTKDLBYI

Info and comments at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?326671-My-first-quest!-Kind-hearted-reviewers-wanted-)&p=4198891#post4198891
  • darkaninddarkanind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    savaikun wrote: »
    Okay so I got'er done. And all in all, I really enjoyed it. 5/5 for sure.
    The ONLY thing I can think of is when you spawn the character after you are done with Tasig, the character falls and takes a good amount of damage. Not too sure what's up with that.
    Greatly played.
    Another thing is, I'm not too sure what audience you are attempting to attract with the puzzles. A lot of people *not myself, mind you* but A LOT of people prefer to just run through quests and get them done. Perhaps add a variance so that your waypoints are notable throughout the quest. Otherwise, if that is your intention, then job well done.
    Encounters were completely fine at the end btw:

Thanks !

Savai,

Thanks so much for the feedback, especially about the end encounter difficulty. As to the falling after you exit, it's suppose to mimic you jumping out of the waterfall and landing into the water. I might just make you stand on a small ledge I guess in the waterfall, that might make that effect more apparent.
    As for the puzzle-type, I suppose a warning in the description just to give people a heads up would be good, thanks for the suggestion there.

I need to touch things up a bit more and make the overall feel a bit prettier too.
    edited June 2013
    mllebean wrote: »
    Happy to trade reviews with you. I’ll try to run your quest this weekend. My quest is a roughly 45 minute single person spoof adventure.

NW-DUTKDLBYI

I really enjoyed this adventure. The dialogue and environment settings were very accurately placed and well done. The only thing I had issues with were 1) the rats in the basement - I spent too much time being lost. Perhaps use 'points' instead of area on your waypoints because I found myself running around and around in circles. 2) The final encounter almost caused me to quit the quest. Too many health potions and injury kits used on it for someone doing this quest solo.
    Overall, I enjoyed it and look forward to future developments from you.

Thanks,

Savai,
  • pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just played your quest again today!
    Really fun.
    Have you checked out mine yet? Cheers
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
    edited June 2013
    pavvo wrote: »
    Just played your quest again today!
    Really fun.
    Have you checked out mine yet? Cheers
    Oh my! I must have missed yours somehow - which one of that series did you want me to review? :)
    So sorry, soon as you reply - I'll get to it immediately!
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    :D I'm up for this...

D: 2 'fer 1 oh my!
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the feedback savaikun. I was a little worried about that last "boss" fight as well... It's only a single encounter but it can be tough for certain classes. I found it was OK with my ranged but hard with my melee. Can I ask what class you are? I will try to find a way to make it more balanced, maybe tone down the difficulty.

And I'll try your suggestion of using points for the rats.
  • ravenspire1ravenspire1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry for being so long before reviewing your quest... very busy week
    Zombie name is too long and does not all display
    Same with archers
    Map looks great and nice use of attack dialogue
    I like your use of optional objectives... have you considered not broadcasting that they are optional? it kind if takes you out of the experience but I am sure that some people would complain that they did not know you didnt have to do it.
    Turn on the lights was cool... spider webs and flames together... just saying... I am trying to review as best I can.
    The bird tips are a great idea... love it
    Very nice wisp room
    Again great use of attack dialogue with the lizard men
    After exiting the teleporters the Gnolls run to seal and not straight to attack you
    Great quest I did get page 2 of 3 but did not finish the optional sorry... also though that it might extend you average play time at this point and maybe turn off some players with a longer looking quest.
    Campaign: Right Place, Right Time: NWS-DHFZYUPJS
    Chapter 1: Message Delivery: NW-DA3XAVZ9W
  • avistar001avistar001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited June 2013
    I enjoyed this quest. I would have given it a 5 over a 4 if it wasn't so heavily wolf-based. It's a good idea to change up your monsters. Nonetheless, the storyline was top notch and encounters weren't overly difficult (I think I died only 4 times or so). It's best not to stack encounters as I've told everyone in this forum so far HAHA. You could also use a bit more d
    thank you savaikun, I'll look into those changes. it looks like your last comment was cut off? was there something else to note here?
    thanks again for your review.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copy/Paste Short Code: NW-DDKQRRF9P
    Member:
    Scribes' Enclave: Volunteer Foundry Reviewers and Tutors
  • pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh my! I must have missed yours somehow - which one of that series did you want me to review? :)
    So sorry, soon as you reply - I'll get to it immediately!

Hi no worries :) The 2nd one - Amulet of the Shining Sun is in need of reviews, but if you could play through them all, that'd be great too! :)
    The first campaign's quests are about 20 min each and the 2nd one is really short 6-10 min each

Cheers
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
    edited June 2013
    mllebean wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback savaikun. I was a little worried about that last "boss" fight as well... It's only a single encounter but it can be tough for certain classes. I found it was OK with my ranged but hard with my melee. Can I ask what class you are? I will try to find a way to make it more balanced, maybe tone down the difficulty.

And I'll try your suggestion of using points for the rats.

I am a rogue.
    edited June 2013
    Sorry for being so long before reviewing your quest... very busy week
    Zombie name is too long and does not all display
    Same with archers
    Map looks great and nice use of attack dialogue
    I like your use of optional objectives... have you considered not broadcasting that they are optional? it kind if takes you out of the experience but I am sure that some people would complain that they did not know you didnt have to do it.
    Turn on the lights was cool... spider webs and flames together... just saying... I am trying to review as best I can.
    The bird tips are a great idea... love it
    Very nice wisp room
    Again great use of attack dialogue with the lizard men
    After exiting the teleporters the Gnolls run to seal and not straight to attack you
    Great quest I did get page 2 of 3 but did not finish the optional sorry... also though that it might extend you average play time at this point and maybe turn off some players with a longer looking quest.

In regards to the Optional Content dialogues: because there are 'so many' varied things for players doing the storyline to look at, I figured it'd be best. I had some personal family/friends run through this dungeon before I did that - and they were looking at everything thinking they needed to 'find' something to finish the quest, when that was clearly not the case. I developed this quest to please all sides of the story. A brand new player to the game at level 6 may not realize they can run/look for certain waypoints in a quest simply just to finish it. A person who is more interested in just finishing the quest is clearly given and directed the information necessary to complete it without trying to 'look' for anything else that may be tricking them. And it's also for those who enjoy a storyline and an additional ending. It goes without saying that because you did mention that you were also looking for the optional objectives, it was clear to me however that you weren't paying attention to dialogue/lore because everything that is said by your conscience (the bird)/npc's/items tells you exactly where you need to go to get the items you need to complete the additional objective. But nonetheless, thanks for all the feedback - much appreciated!!

Savai, <3
  • oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Played your quest and enjoyed it. One odd thing, after I had killed the encounters in front of the first door, it wouldn't let me open it (said you cannot do so at this time, which usually means there's another monster nearby). I noticed (as you're facing the door you want to open) some claws coming out "under" the door behind me on the right side, but I couldn't fight them. I wasn't sure if you had a timing encounter hidden behind that door, if I knocked a monster "through" it, or if I needed to find a key or something. After looking around for a while, and going back into the opening room, eventually I returned and the door opened this time.

Wasn't able to complete the optional although I intended to. Guess I missed something at the start and wasn't able to progress with the side mission after that. May wish to provide slightly more info at the start on what exactly we need to do, or maybe it was totally my fault for not reading the clues properly, not sure.

There are a lot of doors to open. There was one in particular towards the end where you open a door and kill 2 or 3 monsters (there's a pile of dirt in the corner in front of you), and then immediately have to open a second door. Not sure that second door is needed, but this is obviously a very minor point.

Nitpicking aside, I really enjoyed the level design, battles were easy except the last one (which was basically perfect, got me right down to almost no HP before I vanquished them). And I love the "turn on the lights" effect, I may have to steal that if you don't mind. Overall, could use a little polish here and there but it's a very well-designed, enjoyable dungeon crawl.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!