test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shocking Execution Nerf 60% is a disaster!!!!!

What the hell with the devs? i understand that skill needed a nerf but 60%? seriously? Did you ever gave a bit of thought on that?

Now, well after going through some damage testing i think i can live with 60% damage reduction nerf in ONLY ONE CASE. Increase the damage multiplier due to reduction in health by 60%. That mean BALANCE that skill to work more like it was intended to and not OVERNERF and destroy it. It was never a 1 shot, 1-shot mean from 100% HP to 0%. People exaggerated it and whiners as always whined without reason. Well, still the base damage reduction is ok but increase the multiplier/increased damage due to low health. Its a skill attained near endgame levels and it is a daily not an encounter. GWF also have Daily power that has the potential to 1 shot people so why target TR while that daily was never a 1 shot to begin with. This seems to be a desperate move in response to whiners.

Why you havnt improve the mobility? And for God's sakes why have you nerfed the Duelist Flury, the 10 stack limit is ok but what up with slow ticks ? Do the Devs want that Rouges wipe out off the servers???

Mobility should be added to duelist Flury so the rouge lunges forward 1-step with every strike. The stamina requirement for Dogeroll should be reduced. These stuff u need to work on.

Or atleast give Dazing strike the ability to root target in place if executed from stealth.

Rouges are meant to be squishy damage dealers and now with shocking execution destroyed they are squishy useless class in dungeons and kill farm baits in PvP >.<
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Breaking SE doesn't make them useless in PvE.

2. If you relied on SE to win in pvp and can't win w/o it then you're just awful.

Lurker's is arguably better for pvp anyway lol.
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »

No, only against CW which doesnt have that much def
  • bobby91761bobby91761 Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2013
    1. Breaking SE doesn't make them useless in PvE.

It kinda does, you now dont have that huge big one hit when the boss is at 20% HP. All you have is Lurker's Assault, go in stealth and whip the boss and oh yes, ur Duelist Flurry Ticks and the deadly momentum is nerfed too, good luck with that.
    2. If you relied on SE to win in pvp and can't win w/o it then you're just awful.

I dont know what to say about this comment, it seems to be comming from someone who has suffered from rouges doing SE in PvP. No one completely relies on Dailies for PvP, thats common sense.

But if we are comparing dailies, i would say that SE, even nerfed, is still better than Lurker's to make the last second difference in a kill or get killed situation.
  • riggsxriggsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bobby91761 wrote: »
    (...) It was never a 1 shot, 1-shot mean from 100% HP to 0%. People exaggerated it and whiners as always whined without reason(...) GWF also have Daily power that has the potential to 1 shot people so why target TR while that daily was never a 1 shot to begin with.(...)

... Wow, can I have some of what you are taking? o:
    What is this mythical "G"WF skill you are referring to?
    And SE does 24k on my tank speced GWF. 40% mit 40% deflect. This with full health. Now tell me that is not broken.
    This skill should be an execute, not an opener...
    As it is now, after the nerf, is more on the level with CWs Ice Knife. Which still is pretty silly insane.
    edited June 2013
    It didnt do 24k on you when you had 100% health. I want screenshot of that.

SE ignores def so your deflect and mitigation doesnt matter. Also you cant go in with paper gear, meet a decked out TR and expect to be on par.
  • xjdx6xjdx6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The nerf has not really done anything, it's just dropped the insane usage that the ability had anyway. It was very over powered BUT if you have built into crit and power you shouldn't have an issue, if you were one of the many who just rolled rogue due to its OP dps then thats a personal issue you have. Any one who is playing rogue and knows how to manage their stats and which set bonuses to have will still be fine with this nerf. Rogue were never meant to be an upfront fighter but a in-out type playstyle. That power still does more than any GWF daily for example and Rogue's lockdowns alone can cripple anyone fighting them.
  • riggsxriggsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    selonw wrote: »

SE ignores def so your deflect and mitigation doesnt matter. Also you cant go in with paper gear, meet a decked out TR and expect to be on par.
    It did. As much as twice in one mach (not to say that this only happened this one match, just that this one sticks out a bit more in my mind). This rogue had almost no kills, and was on the bottom part of the score table come the end.
    And you do know that this game removes the HUD when you take a picture, right? Geez.

I am actually happy that you are one of those who don't spec for this. But think about all the skills/feats you have, that you can use to boost the first skill you use, right after exiting stealth?

Heh, yes I do know how it works. Referring to the ignore mitigation part. And how is that not part of the problem?

Edit: Oh, btw. I have no problem with the rogues dmg in pvp, besides that one skill. Cause for some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> reason, most of you guys don't use ArmP. Probably should not have written that.
    edited June 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3HUih8bnGo&t=1m24s

15k non crit at full health, 75% of this health.

That is not right for a EXECUTION skill.
  • atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rogues. ROGUES.

That is all.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
    edited June 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3HUih8bnGo&t=1m24s

15k non crit at full health, 75% of this health.

That is not right for a EXECUTION skill.

Now this post has made me think u don't know a bit about rouges or you are completely lacking common sense. The rouge in that video hits for 24K with lashing blade too. The big hits on SE are not OP, the guy has best gears and is fighting with ppl having avarage gears. The 24K hit on SE is same as the hit on lashing blade when full HP, not OP, the difference comes and has always came from how much HP is lost b4 getting hit by SE.

That video is an example of what a rouge can do if geared for Damage
  • distastedistaste Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now this post has made me think u don't know a bit about rouges or you are completely lacking common sense. The rouge in that video hits for 24K with lashing blade too. The big hits on SE are not OP, the guy has best gears and is fighting with ppl having avarage gears. The 24K hit on SE is same as the hit on lashing blade when full HP, not OP, the difference comes and has always came from how much HP is lost b4 getting hit by SE.

That video is an example of what a rogue should not be able to do. I have no idea how you can try and justify those numbers, 15k is too much damage for a single hit, heck for that matter so is 10k. With most people at 20k-30k hp you're looking at 4-6 hits, that's why the TTK is so stupidly low and why PvP is near unenjoyable unless you're the one doing the killing. Whether it be from outgearing or on equal footing a rogue should not be able to kill someone 100% to 0% while remaining stealthed. Stealth and their CC gives them way too much survival for the damage they do. They also shouldn't have a ranged attack that rivals any ranged class, but that's a whole other can of worms.
  • phantomtempestphantomtempest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    distaste wrote: »
    That video is an example of what a rogue should not be able to do. I have no idea how you can try and justify those numbers, 15k is too much damage for a single hit, heck for that matter so is 10k. With most people at 20k-30k hp you're looking at 4-6 hits, that's why the TTK is so stupidly low and why PvP is near unenjoyable unless you're the one doing the killing. Whether it be from outgearing or on equal footing a rogue should not be able to kill someone 100% to 0% while remaining stealthed. Stealth and their CC gives them way too much survival for the damage they do. They also shouldn't have a ranged attack that rivals any ranged class, but that's a whole other can of worms.

That rouge has the BEST gear in the game. All rank 9 enchancment including PERFECT Vorpal and Soulforged (I bet you have not even heard about PERFECT enchancments) enchancments. Give those to any class and they will do the same thing. GFs CWs and GWFs will probably 1-2 shot you.
    edited June 2013
    That rouge has the BEST gear in the game. All rank 9 enchancment including PERFECT Vorpal and Soulforged (I bet you have not even heard about PERFECT enchancments) enchancments. Give those to any class and they will do the same thing. GFs CWs and GWFs will probably 1-2 shot you.

... lol ...
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

It's not the best gear in the game. I almost killed Darkness just from stealth spamming CoS with tenebrous enchantments. His perfect soulforged saved him and he ran away to get a health pot.

Once his CoS spam is up, you know he has to get up close to use his At-wills or LB. A person with ranged encounters (impact shot, path of the blade) counters his build pretty hard.

Perfect vorpal and dark enchants rank 9 can't compete to greater plague fire and tenebrous. His partner Ghost bought some lesser tenebrous from my buddy on the AH the other day, so that should tell you something.
  • renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    The strength of your abilities have been moved around. Power-stacking is practically a must for any high damage build. Lashing strike is amazing. SE now has to be used on low-health targets in PvP; it can no longer kill a GF or a GWF at 50% which is appropriate.

And it's rogue ******! It is not Trickster Rouge! There is no mischievous class of pink powdery color!
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    And it's rogue ******! It is not Trickster Rouge! There is no mischievous class of pink powdery color!

Trickster Rouge is the one that wears a feather boa with rainbow-colored feathers, fishnet stockings and LOVES to attack you from behind. ;)
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
    edited June 2013

The only stat from good gear that could affect that is Power.

Rank 9 Power enchantments would literally give at most 550 extra power with 5 slots, compared to using rank 6 Power enchantments.

Vorpal isn't doing anything in this case because it was a NON-CRIT.

Soulforged has nothing to do with the dmg his SE did.

Try again.
  • themegaversethemegaverse Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been 1-shotted by Shocking execution several times actually, and i mean actual 1-shot, from 100% hp to 0%. Both on my cleric and my gwf. So yes, this need a big nerf, and if rogues (who still have way to much survivability according to me btw) can't play without breaking people to dust with this skill they should'nt play at all.
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    It's not the best gear in the game. I almost killed Darkness just from stealth spamming CoS with tenebrous enchantments. His perfect soulforged saved him and he ran away to get a health pot.

Once his CoS spam is up, you know he has to get up close to use his At-wills or LB. A person with ranged encounters (impact shot, path of the blade) counters his build pretty hard.

Perfect vorpal and dark enchants rank 9 can't compete to greater plague fire and tenebrous. His partner Ghost bought some lesser tenebrous from my buddy on the AH the other day, so that should tell you something.

Their tough, but ive killed them both 2v1. Only thing they do is stealth alot.
    I have been 1-shotted by Shocking execution several times actually, and i mean actual 1-shot, from 100% hp to 0%. Both on my cleric and my gwf. So yes, this need a big nerf, and if rogues (who still have way to much survivability according to me btw) can't play without breaking people to dust with this skill they should'nt play at all.

Problem is, unlike other classes, TR doesnt have any CC skills that stops enemies from moving. And all classes At-Wills are static, meaning enemies just run away.
    Then you rely CoS, which only hits for a couple of seconds before it goes on a long CD, or Impact shot, which is an encounter that doesnt hit that hard.

The thing is, theres not many ways to get through a GF mitigation without it before they knockdownlock you and kill you, or a Clerics Astral shield, or any target running away.

SE should be nerfed maybe 20%, not 60%. The skill is needed, otherwise it would be way to easy to just run away from TRs since TRs cant stop them.

You shouldnt rely on SE as a TR, but its required in situations where enemies have bunkered up with Clerics, or a GWF use invinsible, or a GF bunkers up.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    Trickster Rouge is the one that wears a feather boa with rainbow-colored feathers, fishnet stockings and LOVES to attack you from behind. ;)

It may well be a TARP.
    edited June 2013
    Problem is, unlike other classes, TR doesnt have any CC skills that stops enemies from moving. And all classes At-Wills are static, meaning enemies just run away.
    Then you rely CoS, which only hits for a couple of seconds before it goes on a long CD, or Impact shot, which is an encounter that doesnt hit that hard.

The thing is, theres not many ways to get through a GF mitigation without it before they knockdownlock you and kill you, or a Clerics Astral shield, or any target running away.

SE should be nerfed maybe 20%, not 60%. The skill is needed, otherwise it would be way to easy to just run away from TRs since TRs cant stop them.

You shouldnt rely on SE as a TR, but its required in situations where enemies have bunkered up with Clerics, or a GWF use invinsible, or a GF bunkers up.

Completely agree with this guy, finally a sensible post among all morons.
  • solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Or why not just leave the base damage pretty much as is and remove the fact that it ignores defenses. This would at least remove the bad / undergeared rogues from abusing it, without making it arguably useless / a terrible daily. The good rogues are taking armor pen anyway, which makes that part of it do nothing. I have a feeling that the problem was that for some reason they can't code the statement to make the execution work correctly. Because if the execution part worked correctly in the first place we wouldn't have this mess to deal with, nor would we have such a stupid "solution".
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i think it would of been better to not nerf it so heavy but there is more to the rogue nerf zombie rotters use to only damage me 300 max on the test server they are now doing 1000 something else has to be going on here and why didnt cw's ice knife get a nerf it does more damage then shocking execution
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
    edited June 2013
    The reason why Ice Knife is not Nerfed is not much people cried about it. TBH the SE nerf is a bit too much with 60% but it DID needed a nerf, 20% or something. Another thing that bothers me is the DF nerf. It has started to bother me at some later part. I found that my usage of SE has stayed the same.

I used SE to lower the number of opponents by 1 when outnumbered(1v3) by hitting a target with 50% HP. Now i do the same but hit a target with 20% HP so in PvP, the usage of SE is same for me. The difference is in PvE, while earlier i had a huge 1-hit skill when boss at 30-20% HP now its not that HUGE.

In case of DF nerf i totally agree with the fact that 2 rouges dont stack 2x bleed, I considered that as a bug and i am glad that they fixed it but what the hell with deadly momentum?? why in the world they nerfed Deadly momentum? and also i am not happy with the slower ticks of the bleed damage, it dosent seem to be much difference in PvP but i can see that overall DPS of rogue dropped by 30% in PvE and thats not cool.
  • tsengatsenga Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    heres an idea for SE. how about changing it so it does 1 damage per each point of hp missing, up to 3 damage per each point of hp missing? that way you cant one shot anyone who has full hp, or even 1000 hp missing, at best you'll do around 6k damage with a crit. but in pve it becomes so much more useful because now you can start doing so much more damage with it.

still dont get why the bleed was nerfed, especially with the inability to stack bleeds from multiple TR. if in pvp you're getting hit by DF by more than one TR, you deserve to die. all you have to do to dodge DF is just walk away -_- the bleed stack shouldnt be removed. the slower ticks are ok, but deadly momentum needs to be buffed to maybe 25% bonus crit severity in total, 15% is a bit weaksauce since DF is pretty hard to land
  • nichivonichivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    SE nerf is the least of the rogues concerns the best TR pvpers rarely use it. The reason Ice knife didn't get hit is because most morons have their backs turned ignore the kill name and assume ice knife was an execution cause it looks the same.

The cold hard facts are the other rogue changes hose us in pve when you figure them cumulatively. Frankly I am not sure which bothers me more, power change, momentum change, bleed bugs, or the change to Impossible to Catch(dead Rogues do no dmg).

Balance is about making small changes slowly and looking for the result. What we have here is the mass execution of a class. Did rogues need some tweeks? Yes! Did they need to be lined up shot and buried? No!