test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Race Changes

j0rdan99j0rdan99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Do you guys ever think there will be a way to " pay to change race " Sort of like how wow has it. And if this was a feature would you support it or think its stupid?
Post edited by j0rdan99 on

Comments

• vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    j0rdan99 wrote: »
    Do you guys ever think there will be a way to " pay to change race " Sort of like how wow has it. And if this was a feature would you support it or think its stupid?

I think it was implemented in WoW to satisfy the stupidity of some players, and I hope that it does not happen here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • xyrrxyrr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    I think it was implemented in WoW to satisfy the stupidity of some players, and I hope that it does not happen here.

Consider that some players really want to play as a dark elf but are not in a position to spend $200 just to do so. Are they suppose to just play another race until they are released then be forced to reroll a whole new character if they want to play a dark elf?

I think an option to change your race when the dark elves are released would be a very good idea, even if it costs money, it's better than rerolling a level 60 for most people.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xyrr wrote: »
    Consider that some players really want to play as a dark elf but are not in a position to spend $200 just to do so. Are they suppose to just play another race until they are released then be forced to reroll a whole new character if they want to play a dark elf?

I think an option to change your race when the dark elves are released would be a very good idea, even if it costs money, it's better than rerolling a level 60 for most people.

Why? Can't afford one week of playing to get to 60 again? And thats without rushing?
    Race changed are one of the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ideas to implement, especially if the race is more then cosmetics.
    It happened in WoW, but WoW caters to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like no other game so no wonder.

With leveling speed in here, don't EVER count on it.
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Why? Can't afford one week of playing to get to 60 again? And thats without rushing?
    Race changed are one of the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ideas to implement, especially if the race is more then cosmetics.
    It happened in WoW, but WoW caters to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like no other game so no wonder.

If gear were account bound, I would race change in a heartbeat and relevel. It's not the leveling, it's the gear.
  • saucyshortcakesaucyshortcake Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    This is PW, of course they will put this in for money.
  • forumz24forumz24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »

Getting to 60 isn't the real problem its the gearing out and the overall cost afterwards. Spending hours getting your gear Full BiS is what people don't want to do again. Enchants are expensive and astrals are already being consumed in the game at a rate much faster than they are coming in. I am a half elf GWF (probably the worst race for the class) full BiS, all rank 7's and 2 greaters in my gear. Redoing that is what people don't want to do. Leveling is easy. With that said, I would happily pay a Zen price to reroll my characters race.
  • hann1bal13hann1bal13 Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    If there was a way around the gearing issue, I wouldn't mind releveling another toon, but I am not willing to start over completely from scratch to play a race that was not in the game when I created the character. PW needs ways to implement the use of real money without making the game pay to win and this, in my opinion, is a way to do it without making the strictly free players feel cheated. You have the option of time or money which seems pretty fair to me.
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only when they do substancial chances to races should it be possible to get a race respec
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It seems like such a low priority. Accounts are free, game is free. just roll the other race.

If it took you 60 levels and a 9k Gear Score to figure out you didn't like the Race you chose then..well...you got bigger problems.
    edited June 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    It seems like such a low priority. Accounts are free, game is free. just roll the other race.

If it took you 60 levels and a 9k Gear Score to figure out you didn't like the Race you chose then..well...you got bigger problems.

Try 13.5k, you can ding 60 and be 9k gearscore 5 seconds later. How was I supposed to know CON is broken for GWF and actually reduces my damage? How was I supposed to know that without finding out from someone on the forums who stumbled onto it than did extensive data collecting to prove its in fact broken. Also this kitchen-sink patch also doesn't address the fact that CON is working backwards for GWF. Pretty disappointing that a player has extensive logs proving its broken and its still just being overlooked for no good reason. Half Elfs get a +2 con bonus which means i effectively do 2% less dmg just because of my racials DUE TO AWFUL CODING. Givf Race Respec PLOX
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    forumz24 wrote: »
    You can ding 60 and be 9k gearscore 5 seconds later.

Problem solved! Roll another toon!

What if you pay for the Race Change then they "Fix" it? Then you will be upset about that!
    edited June 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Problem solved! Roll another toon!

What if you pay for the Race Change then they "Fix" it? Then you will be upset about that!

No because I'd happily trade 2% armor pen for 5% crit chance, Id be happy either way. I'm homing in on 14k gearscore. I'm not rerolling because Cryptic can't code something as basic as a stat giving positive armor penetration.
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    forumz24 wrote: »
    How was I supposed to know CON is broken for GWF and actually reduces my damage? How was I supposed to know that without finding out from someone on the forums who stumbled onto it than did extensive data collecting to prove its in fact broken. Also this kitchen-sink patch also doesn't address the fact that CON is working backwards for GWF.
    What?
    What is up with Con anf GWFs?
    According to the game, it boosts hitpoints and reduces resistance penetration of incoming attacks. How does it reduce damage?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    khatzhas wrote: »
    What?
    What is up with Con anf GWFs?
    According to the game, it boosts hitpoints and reduces resistance penetration of incoming attacks. How does it reduce damage?

Cryptic coded it..........