test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

@PW/Cryptic Devs Please Read, Serious DC Issue

healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Righteousness really need to be removed or nerfed down to 20% or less, and if astral shield tick heals are changed and the cast is not infinite, you made a huge mistake. People do not understand how hard it will be on themselves to finish dungeons like castle never or spider, especially with 1 cleric now. With shield off for 4-6 seconds and no other group heals except for FF and you must be close range to be effected + you lose the 20% damage reduction for those seconds not only will dungeoning be effected but so will Graunt and PvP. This is ridiculous, you literally killed the class if this is true.

Also, refer to this thread.
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?331132-Dear-Perfect-World-and-Community-If-you-think-Cleric-will-be-walkin-Solo-not-in-Pair

This won't kill the class, this will kill the entire balancing / dungeoning aspect of the game.
Please address fast.
Post edited by healsareop on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump. Any moderators/admins?
  • Options
    avot91avot91 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Add some direct heales maybe? or this might not work becasue of the "aiming" system. But that would be one solution i guess
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm not trying to argue but wouldn't you Astral Shield, the Healing Bastion, The Astral Shield, then Healing Bastion. Repeat, repeat, repeat? The just throw the other two heals in as often as possible? The Daily, Astral Shield, Healing Bastion, and the Regular heal that Stacks? Plus you tag everything.
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I play a 60 Cleric and 60 TR...

...and I really do not see being able to heal effectivley after the Astral Shield change, with nothing to replace healing loss from the change.

the Encounters are hard enough, boss HP is stupid high and the 4.3 million adds just makes it ridiculous.

I really do not see many dungeons being completed unless you run 2-3 clerics constantly... it will almost be a requirement.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    This won't kill the class, this will kill the entire balancing / dungeoning aspect of the game.
    Please address fast.

the main encounter of level 50 reduced to dust. why? heal power reduced which also cleanse effect reduce to useless and uptime reduce. I always wonder why, its not like level to take is 30 or 40, it is need to level 50.
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The other heals just need to be reworked so they are actually useful. They didn't want to have a single dominant skill but they forgot they needed to move the power from a.s. into other aspects of cleric. With the reduction of up time/heal on a.s. a reduce on righteousness might be good too.
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ALl t2's and Never cleared with 1 DC.

And if you do that math you might be surprised that with 5k Rec you have a 2 sec downtime, also note that AS heal now ticks for longer

60 DC, 60 GF, 60 GWF, 60 TR, 60 CW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    I'm not trying to argue but wouldn't you Astral Shield, the Healing Bastion, The Astral Shield, then Healing Bastion. Repeat, repeat, repeat? The just throw the other two heals in as often as possible? The Daily, Astral Shield, Healing Bastion, and the Regular heal that Stacks? Plus you tag everything.

well, I would like to do that, if BoH not have a delay. that procedure is append able though, on TR who can run or CW who is at range. fighter class? if they have higher defense I wont complain much, the problem is they don't, well, GF/GWF is not a full body tanker
  • Options
    renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    Stack recovery or have a competent TR and/or CW to CC the mobs during the downtime.

Problem solved.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    avot91 wrote: »
    Add some direct heales maybe? or this might not work becasue of the "aiming" system. But that would be one solution i guess
    There are no other direct group heals, they aren't that good and certainly won't save you.
    glannigan wrote: »
    Bastion is trash and shouldn't be in there, sunburst is in there to gain AP fast and give a quick but weak heal burst after an FF and shield. How can you throw these over and over if they have high cooldowns, makes no sense.
    The other heals just need to be reworked so they are actually useful. They didn't want to have a single dominant skill but they forgot they needed to move the power from a.s. into other aspects of cleric. With the reduction of up time/heal on a.s. a reduce on righteousness might be good too.
    They just screwed them all over. You know what's funny? We're back to where we were before. Now 2 clerics will definitely have to be in a party which makes one GF or one GWF still useless to a party. The only way is to use AS after the other AS is off cooldown, but there are no good group heals so it's just sad. And if TR still have more DPS than GWF, why take a GWF to CN over a TR. Back to where we were.

Party Setup: 2 DC, 2 CW, 1TR .... devs can't be serious.
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They just screwed them all over. You know what's funny? We're back to where we were before. Now 2 clerics will definitely have to be in a party which makes one GF or one GWF still useless to a party. The only way is to use AS after the other AS is off cooldown, but there are no good group heals so it's just sad. And if TR still have more DPS than GWF, why take a GWF to CN over a TR. Back to where we were.

Read the GF changed and the changes to Threat, a Good GF has 58% DR or higher and will now be an aggro magnet, so who are you going to be healing... the TANK so single target healing :)

And as of Live you don't need 2 d/c's for anything unless your bad, even the Dracolich

The change's brought AS into line it was intended as a buff not a heal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    serialmomserialmom Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Righteousness really need to be removed or nerfed down to 20% or less, and if astral shield tick heals are changed and the cast is not infinite, you made a huge mistake. People do not understand how hard it will be on themselves to finish dungeons like castle never or spider, especially with 1 cleric now. With shield off for 4-6 seconds and no other group heals except for FF and you must be close range to be effected + you lose the 20% damage reduction for those seconds not only will dungeoning be effected but so will Graunt and PvP. This is ridiculous, you literally killed the class if this is true.

Also, refer to this thread.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?331132-Dear-Perfect-World-and-Community-If-you-think-Cleric-will-be-walkin-Solo-not-in-Pair

Please address fast.

so you tank/gwf excluding pieces of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> actually have to develop some skill and put some thought into your gameplay soon? I'm actually beginning to regret my payment dispute now, since pwe has ****ty cutomer service it essentially means since they haven't responded on paypal for almost a week that there is no way i could be certain if I reversed it, my account would be unbanned or if it would stay banned forever AND I would lose out on my money because of exploiting little sh!ts like you being one of the things that pushed me to it. Have fun QQing and quitting, or learning to actually play if you have it within you to do anything other than spam stacking op heals and knocks if your the wonderful wizard of oz.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Stack recovery or have a competent TR and/or CW to CC the mobs during the downtime.

Problem solved.
    That doesn't solve anything... do you even know how recovery works? Easier said than done also, stacking recovery means to re build all my rank 7 and rank 8 enchants, rank 10 on pet, and pretty much all my accessories, plus my defense will be lowered because of this.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Read the GF changed and the changes to Threat, a Good GF has 58% DR or higher and will now be an aggro magnet, so who are you going to be healing... the TANK so single target healing :)

And as of Live you don't need 2 d/c's for anything unless your bad, even the Dracolich

You can't claim it was meant to be a buff and not a heal, it was definitely meant to be a heal with divinity, or they would have added it in if divinity did not exist. It doesn't matter if GF will be able to tank everything, and if the DC focuses on him only, the other party members will still need that 20% damage reduction for an infinite amount. Shield stacking, fine, nerf it but heals bad mistake. You don't understand till you play one with 13.5k gearscore and have soloed CN multiple times before. The class is MEANT to heal and to buff and that's about it, we do very little dps, not enough to kill an 1 add at all. We are meant to have OP heals and buffs, not to sit there and be gods, but to help the party from not wiping. There aren't many good DC's out there anyway imo, so good luck.
  • Options
    serialmomserialmom Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That doesn't solve anything... do you even know how recovery works? Easier said than done also, stacking recovery means to re build all my rank 7 and rank 8 enchants, rank 10 on pet, and pretty much all my accessories, plus my defense will be lowered because of this.

apparently this is what happens when you build your character around exploits and cheese gameplay. if it's patched, you screw yourself, and it's your fault for building your character to exploit overlooked or unintended stacking.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Problem solved.

yea, stack recovery you will get no defense at all, maybe solve problem on cooldown but add different problem on defense. aggro is reduced, it does not means DC will stand freely with nothing after them
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    serialmom wrote: »
    apparently this is what happens when you build your character around exploits and cheese gameplay. if it's patched, you screw yourself, and it's your fault for building your character to exploit overlooked or unintended stacking.
    Exploited? Still don't seem to know what that means either. Cheese gameplay, talk english. How is balancing power, recovery, defense, and all other stats exploiting and "cheese gameplay" what is wrong with you. Good luck finishing any dungeon with a crappy cleric. Go play one instead of your faceroll class.
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's why I said if they want to nerf a.s. they have to buff something to compensate. Cleric was not over powered itself, just astral shield was too dominant, it was just a simple power shift that was needed but they didn't do that which makes it a problem.

Problem solved.
    Even if you rolled and chose bonus stats for maximum cool down reduction it wouldn't make up for it.

As said before, it does not matter if a GF could take all the aggro, even if you spec fo maximum possible HP, straight out defense, and better shield, the class is still far too squishy to handle all the adds and does much less damage. Then! The cleric has no actual heal to keep the tank's health up constantly, just weaker heals and a little regeneration, the best way for the tank to heal is using the daily which sadly is a much better heal than all of cleric's.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Really, this is stupid, GF/GWF are still useless because of this nerf, or 1 CW will be removed for a GF, but what fills the spot for the GWF? The TR will definitely still be in there.
  • Options
    alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe the changes will not only stifle the stacking of DC's but ask the other players in the group to avoid damage better. With the changes coming people will learn that standing in the Red is bad, the DC can't just heal through it. Maybe GF's will get some appreciation when they hold aggro and mitigate their incoming damage properly.

It's not obvious what the changes will bring. Wait and play the changes to see. The new balancing up-date hasn't even reached testing, and the know-it-all's are already see the sky fall. Relax. Breathe, and play on.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    alaric63 wrote: »
    Maybe the changes will not only stifle the stacking of DC's but ask the other players in the group to avoid damage better. With the changes coming people will learn that standing in the Red is bad, the DC can't just heal through it. Maybe GF's will get some appreciation when they hold aggro and mitigate their incoming damage properly.

It's not obvious what the changes will bring. Wait and play the changes to see. The new balancing up-date hasn't even reached testing, and the know-it-all's are already see the sky fall. Relax. Breathe, and play on.
    Don't worry, just making sure they know the cooldown nerf was a bit too much.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Really, this is stupid, GF/GWF are still useless because of this nerf, or 1 CW will be removed for a GF, but what fills the spot for the GWF? The TR will definitely still be in there.

well, TR part is not so comfortable too, losing his main ability as assassin, TR reduced to infiltrator, stealthy but not so much damage, and even the encounter damage now form Power which is STR base, and mostly TR is DEX base. so, count out on high flying damage all reduce to pot spam and dps.

I know, TR and DC skill is too overpowered in PvP but it doesnt mean that it so unbalance. the main point of the game is PvE, like it or not PvP is a feature. so please devs, just separate the skill stats and power between PvP and PvE cause the amount of damage and toughness is not the same. some equipment is different stat by PvP and PvE why not the skills?