test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Raids

Comments

• floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so why do the poll percentages add up to a number greater than 100%? (.5067+.3115+.2802 = 1.0984 = 109.84%) Oh I know why, people can vote multiple times. Poll design fail.
  • valdoraxvaldorax Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    floredon wrote: »
    so why do the poll percentages add up to a number greater than 100%? (.5067+.3115+.2802 = 1.0984 = 109.84%) Oh I know why, people can vote multiple times. Poll design fail.

People can't vote multiple times you numb scull! They can choose more than one option in their single vote because it's multiple choice, and all that means is SOME people selected choice B. AND C. because they wanted 10 man and 20 man content. The majority still want raids. DUH. All you have to do is add up the amount of voters. Dude, the fact remains either way, the poll still shows that the MAJORITY want raids. DUH. Oh and even if only 10% wanted raids, they would still implement them because they can't ignore that many players when it's those players who will quit when they don't get raids one day.

Do you honestly think that Cryptic would design a poll system that would allow anyone to vote multiple times and make the entire poll system meaningless? Huh do you? Brain fail.
  • suslikwishsuslikwish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Raiding would be a great idea. Specially if they decided to allow us to mark encounters as "Bosses" In foundries. Then make the toughness and loot of foundries scale with the number of players in it. There would be unlimited amounts of raid content.
  • ugibugibugiugibugibugi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    with the low amount of classes and lack of multiply role classes, i would say 10 man would be far the number to expect. going beyond that, would be seeing the same heroes , with the same builds doing the same job..
  • romaruromaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support the idea of implementing raids sometime in the future. I personally feel like the T1/T2/T3 dungeons vary in difficulty; imo when using words such as 'epic' to describe a dungeon mode you expect a difficulty setting fitting that word. In other words, there are more easy dungeons than challenging ones at the moment.
    edited May 2013
    romaru wrote: »
    I support the idea of implementing raids sometime in the future. I personally feel like the T1/T2/T3 dungeons vary in difficulty; imo when using words such as 'epic' to describe a dungeon mode you expect a difficulty setting fitting that word. In other words, there are more easy dungeons than challenging ones at the moment.

Very true, thank you.
    edited May 2013
    Wow, 78% now, nice.
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If nothing else they need to allow 10 people in the foundry for creating guild quests and such. I'd hope that's one of the first upgrades they do to it.
  • moodaymooday Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    DnD has never been about large group content. It's always been 3-5 guys knocking around in some dark caves.
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valdorax wrote: »
    Raids are not "part" of the game? Think about what you are saying. All "raid" means is a larger dungeon. The full term is "raid dungeon" which is just a way to differentiate between a raid for 5 people and a raid for 8, 10, or more people. Where is your logic in saying it's not "D&D" when it only has to do with size, and yes for a lot of people (excluding yourself and a smaller group) size does matter.

This thread reflects statistics. Statistics don't lie. It is a reflection of the entire playbase. It's the same reason why when our government takes surveys and polls and such, they don't literally take the poll from every single U.S. citizen but a small portion of the population because whether it's a smaller portion or not, numbers and statistics still don't lie. The numbers mean that about 7.6 out of 10 people want larger group content. These percentages have remained the same throughout, even when this poll only had 60 voters. That should tell you something. You can't say that people who want larger group content are the minority. This poll proves otherwise no matter how you try to skew the results to your own desires. Numbers simply do not lie.

You don't seem to understand how that works. The voters are a "slice" of the entire player base that reflects the larger majority. If you notice, out of the 261 voters, only 67 want content for 20 or more people, that is the minority and I would guess those are the hard core raider types. 79 people voted to keep it at 5 player content. That would be the next group up. But 135 people voted to have at least content designed for 8-10 players. That my friend is not the minority, that represents the majority of players.

yeah some people are afraid of the word raid, because its mostly associated with WoW, and some people hated the way it was done in wow.

raiding can be so awsome when done right. :)
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
    edited May 2013
    Keep the comments going folks, let's hear some more about why large group content is important to us.
  • anglachel87anglachel87 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too have the feel that Raid instances should be aimed to a larger group composition for the need of more coordination and a little more of flexibility in the group itself.
    edited May 2013
    I too have the feel that Raid instances should be aimed to a larger group composition for the need of more coordination and a little more of flexibility in the group itself.

Yes, agreed, thanks for your input. Notice the polls? Almost 80% now in favor if raids while pushing 1K voters. Wow, if they ignore that, they aren't very smart. And so far they seem pretty smart. After all, they developed a game that has me thoroughly hooked for the time being. :)
  • vertisonevertisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    This game doesn't have 40 mans?
    edited May 2013
    vertisone wrote: »
    This game doesn't have 40 mans?

It doesn't even have 10 mans, not yet. There is word that the devs have stated that some form of raids are coming, but probably not any time soon, which is fine since they need to work on other aspects of the game. As long as it's on the road map, and supposedly it is (see updated OP with video link).
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still baffles me why people think we need raids... raids just doesnt fit the D&D theme of the game... you dont see dungeons in pen and paper exceeding 5-6 players ever. That is the usual cap anything over that and it becomes super hard to keep it balanced. Seriously i'm confused why we need raids... Yes we need end game content BUT why do people and devs feel we MUST have some huge massive group to make an epic dungeon? add in interesting mechanics, give me a cool dungeon crawl, make it hard... but i dont need 10-20 people to tell me its epic!

IN FACT! having 20 guys wailing on 1 boss is about as far from epic as you get... its far more epic to see 5-6 guys walk into a dragon's cave and take it down, then it is a small army...

I seriously hope devs dont do normal atypical raiding... it saddens me that so many are viaing for raid content... when what we need are epic end game 5-6 man content. Keep the adventures small! dont force us to have 10 people or more please =\
    edited June 2013
    still baffles me why people think we need raids... raids just doesnt fit the D&D theme of the game... you dont see dungeons in pen and paper exceeding 5-6 players ever. That is the usual cap anything over that and it becomes super hard to keep it balanced. Seriously i'm confused why we need raids... Yes we need end game content BUT why do people and devs feel we MUST have some huge massive group to make an epic dungeon? add in interesting mechanics, give me a cool dungeon crawl, make it hard... but i dont need 10-20 people to tell me its epic!

IN FACT! having 20 guys wailing on 1 boss is about as far from epic as you get... its far more epic to see 5-6 guys walk into a dragon's cave and take it down, then it is a small army...

I seriously hope devs dont do normal atypical raiding... it saddens me that so many are viaing for raid content... when what we need are epic end game 5-6 man content. Keep the adventures small! dont force us to have 10 people or more please =\

Again, as I pointed out in my OP, there are so many aspects to this game that are not D&D already so to say we don't need raids because it's not D&D is a cop out and probably just an excuse because you personally don't care for raids for whatever reason.

Also, most people in this thread and those who voted wanted 8-10 player dungeon content, meaning mid sized raids, not the 20-40 man raids as seen in other games. It has also already been pointed out that the mass group content makes things somewhat more chaotic, thus the reason we suggested 8-10 player content. Still have that epic larger group feel but without the chaos.

And the fact that you feel having more people to coordinate with doesn't make a dungeon epic is simply your opinion and not the opinion of most players, as proven by this poll. And by the way, if you think that 20 man raids just means "20 guys waiting on a boss" then you haven't raided much or you don't understand the raiding mechanics or why they are fun to most people.

It has also already been pointed out that most people want raids but also don't want it to be forced upon people. For you to say that means you just haven't read posts in this thread. It's always a good idea to read before posting. Most people said they feel that gear should be obtainable by multiple methods, not just raiding. And that we should have different types of raids and dungeons.

But to say we only need 5 man epic dungeons is just boring, especially since we already have 5 man dugeons, that's ALL we have. And that was kind of the point of this thread. It's fine if your main point is simply to say "just keep it like it is" which is basically what you are saying, but most folks in this thread were talking about ways to improve upon the existing types of content and to give players more options. It's all about options. And if raids are optional then there is no reason not to implement them.

Your first sentence really nullifies the rest of your post though because you say it baffles you why people think we need raids... well, then that simply means you don't understand why raiders want raids and why people who enjoy raiding (for reasons you don't understand) actually want the type of endgame content they enjoy the most. So if you don't understand why, then you really have nothing left to say. You are not a raider and that's that. And if you aren't forced to raid, then let the raiders have their raids and be done with it.

Besides, they already informed some gaming news networks that they plan to implement raids.
    edited June 2013
    Anyone else hear anything lately about when raids might be developed and implemented?
    edited June 2013
    Wow, up to 80% now of people who want some form of raiding! Getting close to 1K voters!
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This thread reflects statistics. Statistics don't lie. It is a reflection of the entire playbase. It's the same reason why when our government takes surveys and polls and such, they don't literally take the poll from every single U.S. citizen but a small portion of the population because whether it's a smaller portion or not, numbers and statistics still don't lie. The numbers mean that about 7.6 out of 10 people want larger group content. These percentages have remained the same throughout, even when this poll only had 60 voters. That should tell you something. You can't say that people who want larger group content are the minority. This poll proves otherwise no matter how you try to skew the results to your own desires. Numbers simply do not lie.
    I'm sorry to break your confidence, but that's not how sampling for serious polling works. Internet forums do not accurately represent 100% of the player base.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I miss the 100 man raid in Everquest.

I suggest 100 man raiding parties :)
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    MMO - Massive Multiplayer Online.

If I wanted 5-10 Multiplayer I would play on my XBOX.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! We love knowing more about what you'd like to see! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    MMO - Massive Multiplayer Online.

If I wanted 5-10 Multiplayer I would play on my XBOX.

MMO does not equal Raid centric though, and designing a vast dungeon that only one or two percent of the population will see is a dead concept, just go to any GDC if you don't believe me, besides there are tons of Raid end games not every MMO need to follow suit.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • avot91avot91 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Add atleast 1-2 raids per major patch and remove the PvP from PvE content. Also 10-20 man raids would be awesome, a lot of people play MMO's just becasue of the PvE and i'm one of them. Also try to make good boss mechanics instead of a wall off adds which in my opinion blows.
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I HATE forced grouping in any game. That is, ANY content that requires you to have x number of people to do. For myself, that content might as well not even exist.

Guild Wars was a step in the right direction with hirelings, as was DDO.

I'll never again play an MMO that locks all the BIS gear behind group only content.

Offer us multiple methods of doing the content.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    I HATE forced grouping in any game. That is, ANY content that requires you to have x number of people to do. For myself, that content might as well not even exist.

I'll never again play an MMO that locks all the BIS gear behind group only content.

I have to agree here. I think the advantage of raiding should be maybe "faster" gear, but not necessarily "better" gear...

Nothing is worse than HAVING to do raids for the best gear. Honestly, a decent approach would be something LIKE.
    5 mans have roughly 2-3 (mini) bosses and one (final) boss that drops amazing loot.

The 10 man raids should just have 3-4 (final) bosses so amazing loot drops more often, but takes more people and more time commitment...

You can still get the best gear from 5 mans although itll take more runs (probably)

If you CAN raid, you might be able to expedite the gear gain...

just a thought.
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    I'm sorry to break your confidence, but that's not how sampling for serious polling works. Internet forums do not accurately represent 100% of the player base.

LOL And if you thought it was supposed to represent 100 percent then you're missing the point of a poll. A survey or poll is never meant to represent 100 percent, how could it? No it represents a "slice" of the community which represents what the majority want because the people who vote are a random part of the whole, which again, represents the majority. If you don't understand how polls such as U.S. surveys work, look it up. I seriously am not going to take the time to write 10 paragraphs on it. Stop trying to minimize the results of the poll just because you don't like what it means.
    edited June 2013
    swamprob wrote: »

Read thread before posting. Most of us were suggesting they not lock all end game gear behind the raid wall or force anyone to do anything, that was the point of the entire thread. lol Stop assuming you know what we are talking about.
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    I have to agree here. I think the advantage of raiding should be maybe "faster" gear, but not necessarily "better" gear...

Nothing is worse than HAVING to do raids for the best gear. Honestly, a decent approach would be something LIKE.
    5 mans have roughly 2-3 (mini) bosses and one (final) boss that drops amazing loot.

The 10 man raids should just have 3-4 (final) bosses so amazing loot drops more often, but takes more people and more time commitment...

You can still get the best gear from 5 mans although itll take more runs (probably)

If you CAN raid, you might be able to expedite the gear gain...

just a thought.

Same goes for you.