test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Taking review requests

orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Hi, all,

I want to experience a wider variety of player-created material, and I was hoping that we could help each other. Post your quests here and I'll be happy to review. What my reviews generally entail are a bunch of notes on grammar/style to start, then perhaps a comment on Encounter difficulty, and then a general comment on story/map beauty, depending on the emphasis of the quest.

So bring it on. :)
Post edited by orodalf on

Comments

• oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Mine's a little different (a comedy), give it a try if you like and let me know what you think! Info in sig.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    :oSure. Check out my sig/thread if it interests you. ^^
  • glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have 2 you could try:

FOUNDRY Content - Zal Zerendar's Staff. ID: NW-DLNA6HTTW Daily Approved..

FOUNDRY Content - Secret Fight Club. ID: NW-DSNE6GSD3 Not Daily Yet.
  • shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Check mine out...republished last night with lots of changes based on popular demands!
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • maerwinmaerwin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you ever run out of quests to play, you can check out mine (thread and code are in sig)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMFGWPBN3 The Lost City - Review Thread
  • silithas97silithas97 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    An Adventure to Die For
    NW-DD9NYO9ZP
    It's about 25mins or so and is a light comedy adventure with medium combat.
  • meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    I'd love for you to give my quest a review. The short code and a link to my review thread are listed in my signature
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
  • orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine's a little different (a comedy), give it a try if you like and let me know what you think! Info in sig.

Just played yours; I have to say that this quest was REALLY well done! I enjoyed all of the NPC names, I loved the little hint with the clone potion seller in the bar, and so on. The practical joke was quite humorous, I have to say.

A few notes:
    - I found it a bit weird that Megan's neighborhood is in a sewer. >>
    - Your NPCs "Sleepwalking" and "Up to No Good" got stuck on the side of some stairs.
    - The exit portal in Gilby's Crypt is positioned too low.

I left you a tip. You definitely deserve more plays! :)
  • drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you're in the mood for something short, sweet, and silly, Adventuring College craves your attention. Details in the sig.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • caustic8caustic8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    That's awesome of you to offer. I just finished my first quest and was wondering how to get it some attention. I don't think it has any reviews yet. Any criticism (good, bad, helpful) is appreciated. I'll use it to try to improve the quest.

Short Code: NW-DA8O42CFF
    Title: A Short Dig

It's about 20ish minutes long. I tried to make it challenging so healing potions might be necessary. It's heavy on action, light story and some lore. Optional side quests and optional background information from NPCs and books. I built an underground Drow city for the quest that I think turned out pretty OK.

I'm not so sure about the title I picked... it was supposed to be a Dwarf pun... so I'll take suggestions on alternate titles too.
    A Short Dig - NW-DA8O42CFF
  • caustic8caustic8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013

Thanks oortexplorer, I just played through yours. Funny dialog and plenty of it. It was a quick playthrough but fun and I like the choices. Instead of a sewer exit from Protector's Enclave maybe change it to go to the world map? Then specify a location within the city walls so that it looks like you're just going to a different section of the city... maybe somewhere near protector's enclave.

I don't want to give away spoilers, but how did you get looping dialog with the two men in the bar? I've been trying to figure that out.

Edit: wow... I feel stupid. I just googled "looping dialog" and found the answer. I'll stop posting now.
    A Short Dig - NW-DA8O42CFF
  • trixsterjltrixsterjl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    Just we warned this DB hit me with a 1 star on a quest i spent 8 hours on.
  • beeblebrox69beeblebrox69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm always looking for plays/reviews, particularly from people who dig the story aspect... Sitting at mostly 5-stars now, after a few dozen run-throughs, but since I'm working on Chapter 1 now, any feedback would be appreciated!

The Vaalyr Prophecy-Prologue: Misty Hollow
    NW-DISM87G71

Thanks!
    THE VAALYR PROPHECY
    PROLOGUE: MISTY HOLLOW
    NW-DISM87G71
    CH.1: GOBLIN GROTTO
    NW-DSR6ZUDM2
    edited June 2013
    trixsterjl wrote: »
    Just we warned this DB hit me with a 1 star on a quest i spent 8 hours on.

His quest is this one, if anyone wishes to try it out. I gave it one star for a reason. You used the Orc Barracks map with pretty much zero alteration, the grammar and orthography needed quite a bit of work, there were many examples of items/objectives having their default names, and the story was severely lacking. Your final map was nothing but an empty plane with an enormous number of encounters scattered on it. I tried to tell you as much in my review.

Also, as another hint, most people spend MUCH more than 8 hours on a quest.

In other news, I've reviewed glantorx's "Zal Zerendar's Staff" (really nice concept, but you could work on grammar, spelling, and story a little bit) and silithas97's An Adventure to Die For (which was indeed quite funny, but combat was quite difficult for a level 60 CW with a 9k gear score, mainly because of stacked encounters).

oortexplorer and runis12, I've recommended your quests to my guildmates. They really are nicely done. :)
  • talli0talli0 Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    Hey Orodalf,

I know you have quite a few quests in the queue before mine, but I'd really appreciate a playthrough and whatever comments you have. Quest info is in my sig.
    Talli0's Foundry:

No Country for Old Undead
  • sskmomsskmom Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    I don't know if you would be interested in a quest that is not heavy on story but I think I've made a somewhat unique set-up of riddles and jumping puzzles. Play through with choosing all answers correct was about 15 min - it was about 26 min for my friends that played and failed some of the riddles. The number is NW-DLA4ZT606 Thank you for this offer of reviewing quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trixsterjltrixsterjl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    orodalf wrote: »
    His quest is this one, if anyone wishes to try it out. I gave it one star for a reason. You used the Orc Barracks map with pretty much zero alteration, the grammar and orthography needed quite a bit of work, there were many examples of items/objectives having their default names, and the story was severely lacking. Your final map was nothing but an empty plane with an enormous number of encounters scattered on it. I tried to tell you as much in my review.

In other news, I've reviewed glantorx's "Zal Zerendar's Staff" (really nice concept, but you could work on grammar, spelling, and story a little bit) and silithas97's An Adventure to Die For (which was indeed quite funny, but combat was quite difficult for a level 60 CW with a 9k gear score, mainly because of stacked encounters).

oortexplorer and runis12, I've recommended your quests to my guildmates. They really are nicely done. :)

I challenge you to duplicate my featureless plain. When you try you'll understand. And the only pre-made human interior is that barracks. I tried to make a zone manually and crashed over and over and over. But you dont give a **** about that you just 1 star a person. I personally dont think i'd 1 star a working quest. And since you cant star a broken one FU. And no... no default names. None. The first time I posted this quest I spoke of a need to edit in the long run as I suck at dialog. Still I've read through and There is nothing outrageous. Try it and see who is wrong. Oh and his big complaint is he cant find the last fight. There is 4 big pillars of blue shooting out of the middle of the zone where it is.

HE IS TROLLING YOU DONT PUT IT HERE. Search for him He has no quests.
  • veratioveratio Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please review my quest!:
    Zanaver's Rod (NW-DQUECIOMN)
    edited June 2013

Funny how you spent zero on your own or post it up so we can see how you know how to do it.
  • sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My campaign would like a review. :) Short code in sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • mllebeanmllebean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited June 2013
    I'd love a review, and happy to reciprocate if you have something that needs reviewing. My quest is a roughly 45 minute single person spoof adventure.

NW-DUTKDLBYI

Info and comments at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...iewers-wanted-)
  • warstormforumwarstormforum Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    I'd like an review of my new foundry quest (2nd one so far and honestly the first one i made was pretty awefull).
    I'd mostly like some comments on difficulty/grammer (not native english here).
    also quess i'd should say this in advance but i created possible shortcuts if you have the right skill.
    (2 for thievery where you can skip finding the key's and 1 for dungeneering where you can skip a small part of the dungeon)

so heres the code: NW-DUD4SICBS
    Author:@Warstormforum
  • revelationmdrevelationmd Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Go on then, I'll put my neck on the block! :)

Mine's about 45 minutes long, probably best as a duo though it's doable solo and is HEAVY on reading/story.

Details in sig. Thanks in advance.
    Quest Name: In search of Innocence | Foundry code: NW-DL8DTYYPS.

Heavy on story/plot. Expect to read (and think) a lot to get the most out of the quest. Will probably appeal to roleplayers though that is not to say that there are no tough fights - could be challenging for solo play.
    Average play time: 45 mins
  • avistar001avistar001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited June 2013
    Do you feel like you opened a can of worms? This thread sure grew fast! I'd like to add mine to the pile, but, I completely understand you are only human and just may not get to it. Good luck and have fun!

Short Code: NW-DDVRNYRYY
    Takes about 45min
    40% story 60% combat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copy/Paste Short Code: NW-DDKQRRF9P
    Member:
    Scribes' Enclave: Volunteer Foundry Reviewers and Tutors
  • tyrinumtyrinum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For yourself and anyone else who would like to review :) Good luck with all the requests haha.

Code: NW-DTWAGIPZH

It's pretty basic, light story, fair bit of killing.

Enjoy!
  • casten24casten24 Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like a thorough review is to be expected. Would like that. There's the one in my Sig (though, honestly, I've kind of grown bored with its possible continuation as something bigger) and then there is A Surprise Siege (NW-DL2RVQ54C). Would love your take on both... or either... preferably Surprise Siege. lol.
    The Portrait Gray Campaign
    Prologue: Fort Neverember
    NW-DL2RVQ54C
    Chapter 1: The Gray Portrait
    NW-DHGEFBMGD
    edited June 2013
    ... Yep, I've opened a can of worms. I'm going to try to get back to you all - I can promise you that. The rate at which I do so will be glacial, however. :P
  • darkaninddarkanind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2013
    I see you have a lot to sift through, and note that you'll be working at them slowly. But I'll add mine here too:
    NW-DUCYKYQHA
    Takes about 30 minutes, and I appreciate the feedback! :D
  • sheyjinsheyjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please check mine out. it is about 25 minutes. 1st part of a quest line.
    Gates of Neverdeath (NW-DPSAPLVBZ)
    This is based on the 4ed Module of the same name.
  • et20et20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    could use the play, if you don't mind.
    Explore the Blue Crystal Cave (NW-DBD6U7DO6). - Still tuning.