test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please re-design rogue armor appearance!

avianbandoravianbandor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 24 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hi, not sure if this has been posted, there are 19 pages, didn't go through all of them, but I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that Rogues are THE WORST looking class by far.

The armor looks terrible. Like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cowboy or something...

I suggest much more stealth/ninja looking gear. Especially the hat must go! Rather a hood+mask. Dark grey or black armor with just a more serious bad-*** look. Currently they look way worse than the other quite awesome looking classes.

Anyone that feels that the rogue gear needs a rethink feel free to agree. If you disagree, please feel free to do so, it's the thing about taste, it's allowed to differ!

I just think the majority would like to see a bit more stealth/ninja/serious rogue gear in grey/black with hood/mask etc. If so PLEASE POST SO THE DEV's CAN TAKE NOTICE!!! (Or where should I post for them to notice it?)
Post edited by avianbandor on

Comments

• elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    NOT NOW!
    I just finished working very hard to make elvis, what with the mutton chops and hairstyles and the cheezy leather armor, its not too bad a likeness!
  • deathvidsdeathvids Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    I agree rogue armor doesn't look good
    De2s6JN
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are hoods and masks and such. Once you get one, you can use its appearance on other hats you get.
  • prolegapprolegap Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed, rogues look more like jesters or bards right now. Maybe I'm just old fashioned when I associate the rogue class with AD&D-style thieves instead of the swashbuckler types Cryptic has gone with, but still, I'd like to see some less flashy outfit options.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How would Cryptic get any money from you if you're not in a position to buy a better looking outfit?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    prolegap wrote: »
    Agreed, rogues look more like jesters or bards right now. Maybe I'm just old fashioned when I associate the rogue class with AD&D-style thieves instead of the swashbuckler types Cryptic has gone with, but still, I'd like to see some less flashy outfit options.

This is very true. We look like bards.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How would Cryptic get any money from you if you're not in a position to buy a better looking outfit?

Then shouldn't they sell better looking outfits? The only options they sell now are ridiculous costumes.
  • avianbandoravianbandor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013

They have to make money somehow, and I don't mind spending some. The game is free to play, one could at least when playing lots spend as much as the game would cost (approximately) on the game once you decide you like it.

I'd pay for better looking gear options given it's reasonable priced. It would be better if it's free, but I really just want an option! Any way, any how!

Thanks for the replies... there are some more flexibility in the gear looks than I initially thought, but still I think a big player base would appreciate a re-look of the rogue gear.

Maybe with the release of the expansion or the other rogue paragons? Or even the other types of rogues? (If it ever gets launched as a class...)