test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gauntlegrym boss fights!

maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Bigger bosses, more adds, more CWs to CC the adds while rogues solo adds.

Discuss.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by maximilious on

Comments

• knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes but now you have to win pvp to have the pleasure of playing the same recycled content!
  • zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Yes but now you have to win pvp to have the pleasure of playing the same recycled content!

lol. that lets me out i guess.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • jonnarajonnara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »

That for me is a game breaker. I may stop playing altogether.
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    jonnara wrote: »
    That for me is a game breaker. I may stop playing altogether.

I still don't see why. It's still content that provides no benefit than what we already have.
  • jonnarajonnara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yeah but its PvE game content that we haven't seen yet and they giving it to PvP players ..... that is so much win.

Simple logic.
    We are consumers.
    Cryptic develop and produces Content for us the consumers to enjoy.(That's the benefit).

In this case they made PvE Content, that you have to PvP to unlock. That means they have added unfavorable conditions for me to consume and enjoy their content.

The solution is than - since its not enjoyable anymore, than i will no longer support said developer.

Until such time as a dev post states that i can enter the tier 1 and tier 2 Gauntlegrym dungeons without having to participate in any PvP activities, this will be the stands I am taking.
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Phase 3 is decided by the points gathered in phase 1 AND phase 2.

Your welcome jonnara :)
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited June 2013
    Yea I'm not looking for another game that tries to link bad pvp and pve together.
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Losing side in phase two gets the measly T1 gear dungeon.

No point in going into the loser dungeon for losers. You can buy T1 for a song on the AH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Why are you people bashing this content before testing it? Did you watch the video and realised what they said?
    Have you played this dungeon on the test server yet?(if u did im all ears)

As far as the trailer stated : Phase 1 gains points, Phase 2 gains points, phase 3 is decided by combined points from the previues phases.

Durring pvp u can sumon a giant/man a catapult (no clue how this wil work etc, but this sure sounds like something for a PVE player not interested in pvp? and hell i like pvp/pve and i wanna try out all of that )

Why the doom and bash already? i dont understand people nowadays, first
    "When is the new patch gonna come and new content"
    then
    "**** this looks horible im out"
    .....?
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    Phase 3 is decided by the points gathered in phase 1 AND phase 2.

Your welcome jonnara :)

So yeah basically you have to PvP to ensure you get enough points to be the winning faction for phase 3.

If you let me run wild in phase 2 and cap all the domination points (5 of them i think they said) you could very well lose in over all points.

Still doesn't solve the problem i have with this system.
    edited June 2013
    We are bashing it because they combine 2 forms of play style together that some people like my self and others do not enjoy no matter what form it comes in.

We do not PvP. We do not want to PvP.
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    Boo hoo. Sounds like a first world problem.

And where do you find third world countries with access to MMORPGS lol?

Go troll some where else mate.
  • chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    We are bashing it because they combine 2 forms of play style together that some people like my self and others do not enjoy no matter what form it comes in.

Its kewl, just wait till the *****ing when they release the new PvP gear that you earn through points in a warzone. Or course to access said warzone you have to complete a PvE dungeon first ...
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »

No point in going into the loser dungeon for losers. You can buy T1 for a song on the AH.

Indeed. Should've been loser gets T2, winner gets NEW T3!
    edited June 2013
    @ jonnara,

Why dont u look at the other team like big bad adds? I never understood people who "dont like to pvp", its the same team play pve content offers(only more intrinsic because players act independently, while AI is just ....)

I enjoy both PvE and PvP, i dont exclude one ore the other, and i play for fun.
    Let me ask u, what do u find fundamentaly wrong with PvP to detest it so much as to bash new content u havent tried out yet?
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    @ jonnara,

Why dont u look at the other team like big bad adds? I never understood people who "dont like to pvp", its the same team play pve content offers(only more intrinsic because players act independently, while AI is just ....)

I enjoy both PvE and PvP, i dont exclude one ore the other, and i play for fun.

Let me ask u, what do u find fundamentaly wrong with PvP to detest it so much as to bash new content u havent tried out yet?

Fair Question.

First part is latency. I live in Australia. PvP matches with 200-500 ping vs 10-50 ping is horrible.

Second part is Players will always cheat/afk. Infinite stamina hack anyone? PvP bots etc. I stopped PvPing in WoW season 2 arena back 4 or 5 years ago and have never touched PvP again.

Third part. Players will always find the path of lest resistance, I bet you within weeks of the launching. Players will "trade" wins to each other, to get teams into the tier 2 dungeons. Anyone remember Ilum PvP on SWTOR?

And the overriding reason is personally i just do not enjoy PvP unless I am in a FPS or RTS like Star Craft 2.

I call for a rethink of this Gauntlegrym system, please do not gate PvE content behind PvP content.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »

Yeah if you lose it would be better off not even running the dungeon.... except for maybe 1 time just to see it.
    Fair Question.

First part is latency. I live in Australia. PvP matches with 200-500 ping vs 10-50 ping is horrible.

Second part is Players will always cheat/afk. Infinite stamina hack anyone? PvP bots etc. I stopped PvPing in WoW season 2 arena back 4 or 5 years ago and have never touched PvP again.

Third part. Players will always find the path of lest resistance, I bet you within weeks of the launching. Players will "trade" wins to each other, to get teams into the tier 2 dungeons. Anyone remember Ilum PvP on SWTOR?

And the overriding reason is personally i just do not enjoy PvP unless I am in a FPS or RTS like Star Craft 2.

I call for a rethink of this Gauntlegrym system, please do not gate PvE content behind PvP content.

I agree with this. I love PvE and and quite good at it. I am terrible at PvP. With gauntlrgrym PvE content gated behind PvP I might as well jus ignore it... I was so looking forward to the PvE in gauntlgrym, now I couldn't care less about gauntlegyrm. The only real thing I have to look forward to is the new content patch now.

Not to mention PvP is broken due to things like founder mounts....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What if goldfarmers afk with 20-40 accounts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • themadfatherthemadfather Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah if you lose it would be better off not even running the dungeon.... except for maybe 1 time just to see it.

I agree with this. I love PvE and and quite good at it. I am terrible at PvP. With gauntlrgrym PvE content gated behind PvP I might as well jus ignore it... I was so looking forward to the PvE in gauntlgrym, now I couldn't care less about gauntlegyrm. The only real thing I have to look forward to is the new content patch now.

Not to mention PvP is broken due to things like founder mounts....

It's a PvE dungeon gated behind a two part fight. One part is pve and the other part is pvp. It isn't purely blocked behind PvP. The video says the winner of the first pve round "gains a significant advantage" in the pvp round. So you could do super awesome in round 1, semi-poor in round 2, but still win the over all fight and get into the T2 dungeon.
    edited June 2013
    It's a PvE dungeon gated behind a two part fight. One part is pve and the other part is pvp. It isn't purely blocked behind PvP. The video says the winner of the first pve round "gains a significant advantage" in the pvp round. So you could do super awesome in round 1, semi-poor in round 2, but still win the over all fight and get into the T2 dungeon.

Which still forces players into a PvP match which they do not want to do.

Give the PvP players a big 20v20 map
    Give PvE players the new dungeons.

Problem solved.
  • destroxoxodestroxoxo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1) No one know yet exactly what the dungeon will be yet/how you can get into it AND IF you even need to be part of the PVP
    EXAMPLE: WOTLK PVE Raid boss in the opposing PVP area (Forget the name "Wintersomething").

You would both fight for the right to open the dungeon area for the time until the next battle (3-4 hours) so you didn't even have to compete in the initial fight, you could come back later on and enter the dungeon with a party (I'm assuming this is how would work in Neverwinter as well).

2) When PWE say Tier 2 their is no indication that the current player named "Tier 2" is the same thing, example Castle Neverwinter is what some players will call "Tier 2.5" so PWE might class CN gear as "Tier 2" meaning that all the Gauntlgrym gear will actually be an upgraded version of the gear we have currently. It would make sense.

3) The latency in PVP isn't THAT bad, I'm aussie as well and I'm at around 250ms normally, it is still easily playable.
  • lorddevilkunlorddevilkun Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013

So what? PvPers don't want to PvE- yet the best PvP gear and enchants are obtainable only through PvE, the PvP gear isn't even close for that matter.

Face it- Cryptic doesn't actually care what the customer wants here. Also, once one side in Gauntlegrym starts to win constantly, expect paid faction transfers for 2000 zen.
    edited June 2013
    destroxoxo wrote: »
    1) No one know yet exactly what the dungeon will be yet/how you can get into it AND IF you even need to be part of the PVP
    EXAMPLE: WOTLK PVE Raid boss in the opposing PVP area (Forget the name "Wintersomething").

You would both fight for the right to open the dungeon area for the time until the next battle (3-4 hours) so you didn't even have to compete in the initial fight, you could come back later on and enter the dungeon with a party (I'm assuming this is how would work in Neverwinter as well).

2) When PWE say Tier 2 their is no indication that the current player named "Tier 2" is the same thing, example Castle Neverwinter is what some players will call "Tier 2.5" so PWE might class CN gear as "Tier 2" meaning that all the Gauntlgrym gear will actually be an upgraded version of the gear we have currently. It would make sense.

3) The latency in PVP isn't THAT bad, I'm aussie as well and I'm at around 250ms normally, it is still easily playable.

Wintergrasp was a Zone wide world PvP, once one side wins, its open.

The video states it is a 3 phase event 20 people per side event. This could even be instance for every 40 people who queue up?

In either case I hope you're right and its like the WoW contested zones with a raid gated behind it. That i could live with as I do not have to PvP to enter.

As for latency, I have dodged out of attacks and a second later i rubber band back into the attack even with pve content, so no i will not pvp with that kind of lag.

A FAQ for Gauntlegrym needs to be release in any case so we know the facts.
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think they are trying to go with the WOW raid style, you know when you have the red vs blue and whoever wins gets to do raids till the next pvp fight? (sorry I played wow for 21 days and got to max lvl 80 at the time so I dont remember much)

but that system doesnt work here because we dont have different factions... so I really see no point of adding such system in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bigger bosses, more adds, more CWs to CC the adds while rogues solo adds.

Discuss.

blah blah blah , exploiter gold seller hue hue get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • weslantz1977weslantz1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [

QUOTE=jonnara;4232522]Yeah but its PvE game content that we haven't seen yet and they giving it to PvP players ..... that is so much win.

Simple logic.
    We are consumers.
    Cryptic develop and produces Content for us the consumers to enjoy.(That's the benefit).

In this case they made PvE Content, that you have to PvP to unlock. That means they have added unfavorable conditions for me to consume and enjoy their content.

The solution is than - since its not enjoyable anymore, than i will no longer support said developer.

Until such time as a dev post states that i can enter the tier 1 and tier 2 Gauntlegrym dungeons without having to participate in any PvP activities, this will be the stands I am taking.[/QUOTE]

And since the developers only make content with your personal enjoyment and gameplay style in mind, you have every right to be upset that they made something that someone other than you will enjoy, boycott away!!! I stand behind your decision 100%!
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yeah but its PvE game content that we haven't seen yet and they giving it to PvP players ..... that is so much win.

Simple logic.
    We are consumers.

Until such time as a dev post states that i can enter the tier 1 and tier 2 Gauntlegrym dungeons without having to participate in any PvP activities, this will be the stands I am taking.

So it's okay for them to make it so that you have to do PvE content to be viable in PvP (T2 gear is better than PvP gear), but when you have to PvP to get better PvE gear, it's suddenly not okay?
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
    edited June 2013
    So it's okay for them to make it so that you have to do PvE content to be viable in PvP (T2 gear is better than PvP gear), but when you have to PvP to get better PvE gear, it's suddenly not okay?

Missed my point. First even if the place drop no gear, pve players want to experience pve content.

Why can they not do a new pvp map for the big 20v20 battles with rewards to a new set better pvp gear for you guys?

As far as i know pvp gear has a lot of plus HP and is stated differently to pve gear. Instead of crossing the 2 different content. Why didn't they develop more pvp content and gear for you guys?
    edited June 2013
    And since the developers only make content with your personal enjoyment and gameplay style in mind, you have every right to be upset that they made something that someone other than you will enjoy, boycott away!!! I stand behind your decision 100%!

No body is asking the developers to make content that only I enjoy. I and others in this forum am asking them to don't mix the 2.

More than happy for them to add PvP content, just don't make it a half gate which forces PvE players to PvP in accessing a PvE content.

This is like saying to you weslantz1977, for your next big PvP content, you have to race an other team to finish a PvE dungeon before you can enter a PvP match of your choice.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

If gear wasn't BOE you'd have a point lol.