test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New loot changes really screw fighters over.

shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Here is why I hate the loot changes.
Here is an example of why this blows and is a stupid idea.

Ancient weapon drop values from Castle Never:
DC drop value 3 million AD
CW drop value 2.5 million AD
GWF drop value 1.25 million AD
GF drop value .5 million AD
TR drop 2.75 million AD
So thanks a lot devs.....as a GF I now have no chance at a valuable item while rogues, clerics, and wizards get their valuable stuff with no competition. What a slap in the face.

We have an auction hall for a reason. This new system will just keep the already under utilized fighters even more broke. Now the clerics can GUARANTEE a 3 million AD item and I don't even get a shot at it. They don't need these items.....they just sell them on the auction hall just like I do.
I make a habit of inspecting my teammates gear in dungeons and 99% of the time they already have better gear equipped then what they are 'needing'.
What it's really about is the astral diamonds....and i'm pretty sure EVERYONE needs those.
Post edited by shamurai7 on

Comments

• Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    AD values in the auction house are based on supply and demand. With class balancing those numbers will likely even out.
  • Options
    shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    AD values in the auction house are based on supply and demand. With class balancing those numbers will likely even out.

I hope this is true... And my fears are unfounded.

But currently these loot changes screw over the fighters pretty bad.
    It feels like the rich get richer and poor classes stay poor.

I for one will be rolling up a cleric tonight so i'm not left in poverty.
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    U know GF/GWF items are low atm because they are not desired, with the upcomming patch and the buffs they get (and just plain skills working :D) they wil be more playable and a lot of people playing tanks wil return to the game. And this wil drive the prices up.
    Hopefully it will all balance out, fighters might even spike at the start of the changes :)
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »

TR drop 2.75 million AD
    So thanks a lot devs.....as a GF I now have no chance at a valuable item while rogues, clerics, and wizards get their valuable stuff with no competition. What a slap in the face.

We have an auction hall for a reason. This new system will just keep the already under utilized fighters even more broke. Now the clerics can GUARANTEE a 3 million AD item and I don't even get a shot at it. They don't need these items.....they just sell them on the auction hall just like I do.
    I make a habit of inspecting my teammates gear in dungeons and 99% of the time they already have better gear equipped then what they are 'needing'.
    What it's really about is the astral diamonds....and i'm pretty sure EVERYONE needs those.

nope, you still have a chance, if the class not in group :D
    allaerra wrote: »

well, I dont think so, it even can become more worse. the numbers of players using each class is not same at all, in fact some have big difference one and another
  • Options
    dawndaughterdawndaughter Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Greed - wants the item for the value. Need - actually has a use for the item. Is this such a difficult concept?

If any of the prople that like to post "I need money therefore I can need on any drop" have a rational explanation for when "greed" would ever apply under their tortured interpretation I have never seen it.
  • Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait, you're crying because you can buy your gear for cheaper? I don't get it.
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • Options
    neyph69neyph69 Banned Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sooooo because you need money that means you should be able to roll need on say an ancient dagger over the TR in your group that actually needs it? Entitlement much?
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Greed - wants the item for the value. Need - actually has a use for the item. Is this such a difficult concept?

If any of the prople that like to post "I need money therefore I can need on any drop" have a rational explanation for when "greed" would ever apply under their tortured interpretation I have never seen it.

Yeah but everyone will just use need if it's their class item and they don't need it, they will press need for the "value" because they can - with no competition. This is why the whole need/greed system while also using a BOE system is completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Go with roll/pass and be done with it!
  • Options
    o0spoonman0oo0spoonman0o Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote:

TR drop 2.75 million AD

You wanting to be able to roll need on other classes stuff to sell it - is asinine and a solution to nothing.
    If an item is needed it should be BoP - if this does not happen people will abuse it, just like they do most of the short sighted "systems" in this game.

NEED means you are going to wear it, should be no issues with that binding to toons, otherwise you greed like everyone else. Broken system in a game full of broken/easily abused systems and transparent cash grabs. Blame the players that keep coming back tossing money at this broken pile.
  • Options
    illessenillessen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    Actually, if you're a GF I suspect your diamond flow is only going to go up... that is if you've been saving all of those knight captain and stalwart bulwark weapons and armors :p

But then again, I suspect as a GF you weren't taken to those dungeons in the first place over 2 DCs and TR CWs. Now that there will be a need for GF and GWF as a tank character, they'll likely go up in value anyway as people actually do something about the shortage of tanks and roll one of their own :)
  • Options
    haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    neyph69 wrote: »
    Sooooo because you need money that means you should be able to roll need on say an ancient dagger over the TR in your group that actually needs it? Entitlement much?

Sooooo because the TR in a group *might* wear an item, they get to roll for it ahead of everyone else, even though others could get a fair exchange for an item they could actually wear simply by selling it? Entitlement much?

All dropped items are fungible through the market -- if a valuable thing drops, and almost -anyone- could have an upgrade out of it. And it's not like it's going to be bought off the market by someone who can't use it.

I'm still in favor of the change to the need button; but only because it will halt most of the in-game bickering while we're trying to play. I have no illusions about it actually being objectively "fairer".
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    Yeah but everyone will just use need if it's their class item and they don't need it, they will press need for the "value" because they can - with no competition. This is why the whole need/greed system while also using a BOE system is completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Go with roll/pass and be done with it!

You sound like a kid that had a toy that wasnt his taken away from him. Going with a roll/pass system allows the possibily of getting ninja'ed by someone thats just wants to sell a piece of gear you need for an upgrade. You people do realise that you can still roll GREED on items you want to sell right? and if you want an item for an alt guess what? Thats greed not need. Run epics with guildies instead of pugs if you want a better chance at gearing up an alt. nuff said.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sooooo because the TR in a group *might* wear an item, they get to roll for it ahead of everyone else, even though others could get a fair exchange for an item they could actually wear simply by selling it? Entitlement much?
    Yes thats exactly what im saying. Sorry but if i was in a group and some CW rolled against me for an Ancient dagger i needed and won i would be pissed off. Your saying you wouldnt be mad if you lost a t2.5 item that you needed to someone that was just going to sell it?
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You sound like a kid that had a toy that wasnt his taken away from him. Going with a roll/pass system allows the possibily of getting ninja'ed by someone thats just wants to sell a piece of gear you need for an upgrade. You people do realise that you can still roll GREED on items you want to sell right? and if you want an item for an alt guess what? Thats greed not need. Run epics with guildies instead of pugs if you want a better chance at gearing up an alt. nuff said.

The issue brought up here is people needing on something to sell, and can need without a chance of fail with the excuse of it being their class.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The issue brought up here is people needing on something to sell, and can need without a chance of fail with the excuse of it being their class.

Again, this is only a problem for PUGs. Run with guildies or people you know arent dicks. This is another case of the community *****ing about a change they asked for..People are never happy no matter what.
  • Options
    eqballzzeqballzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hahaha. This thread makes me happy. Loot ninja tears are delicious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013

You sound like an idiot. Nuff said.

I don't EVER pug I have plenty of friends and guildies to run with. We greed on all purples regardless of class. I still think the need system entitling some lucky class the right to take every purple that drops regardless if they need it or not just because it matches the class they play, is stupid.

There is no such thing as "ninja" in a system with BOE gear where every single person in the group has a chance to get a valuable drop.

Scenario 1: 1 DC in party for castle never. 3 purple DC items drop. Need system = dc just got 3 valuable purples, everyone else is **** out of luck.

Scnario 2: Same thing, on a roll/pass - hey look every single player got a chance to actually get something for the run.

If you want to keep NEED/GREED - then make it BOP on NEED if you want it to actually be a fair system.
  • Options
    haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes thats exactly what im saying. Sorry but if i was in a group and some CW rolled against me for an Ancient dagger i needed and won i would be pissed off. Your saying you wouldnt be mad if you lost a t2.5 item that you needed to someone that was just going to sell it?

I completely disagree with your judgment. The end result is that either someone in-class or someone out-class with regard to that valuable item will have an upgrade if they win it. Therefore, it's of equal 'need' to them both. And I would not be mad and have not been mad when this happens; it's not as if they're wasting it. That specific item will end up in someone's hands who can use it. And the primary value of the drop will be in the hands of the one who won the roll; whether it be through direct use of the item for themselves; or through the AD they can get from the item's sale and the item they buy in turn for themselves with the AD received from the sale.
  • Options
    hann1bal13hann1bal13 Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    Must be a whiny loot ninja since if you truly NEED the item you are EQUPPING it and not SELLING it. So how, exactly, does the price in diamonds affect gearing your toon? Seems to me like you can buy your gear much cheaper and you should be happy.
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2013
    I believe that with this update in looting, Needing will finally be needing for a majority of people. Needing will not be needing to sell. Which is good for people who are actually looking for gear to wear.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Again, this is only a problem for PUGs. Run with guildies or people you know arent dicks. This is another case of the community *****ing about a change they asked for..People are never happy no matter what.

Well if you are running with guildies, why do you need to have a NEED button anyways? They should all pass while you /roll if they want you to get that drop you need for an upgrade.
  • Options
    drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Again, another bleeding heart that comes into the forums expecting to get sympathy and finds out that he is a troll. Tell me, do you think that your sob story is going to make changes? You are part of the crying minority. Go and take some economics classes and also learn how real auction houses work. Lots of people that place items for auction end up getting a lot less than what they expected.

Welcome to Reality!
  • Options
    therealtedtherealted Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't speak for haelra, but I for one wouldn't be. Why? Because I'm patient, because I know I have the means to even out the system, and because I'm fine with using the auction house to gear up.

Wanting the item "right now" and refusing to adapt to the system "on principle" together strike me as being at least as petty, greedy, and immature as the alternative, but, hey, people are weird.

The gorilla formerly known as Kolikos
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the point you seem to be missing here is that if your gear is cheaper THAT MEANS YOU CAN BUY IT CHEAPER TOO

/derp
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    haelra wrote: »
    I completely disagree with your judgment. The end result is that either someone in-class or someone out-class with regard to that valuable item will have an upgrade if they win it. Therefore, it's of equal 'need' to them both. And I would not be mad and have not been mad when this happens; it's not as if they're wasting it. That specific item will end up in someone's hands who can use it. And the primary value of the drop will be in the hands of the one who won the roll; whether it be through direct use of the item for themselves; or through the AD they can get from the item's sale and the item they buy in turn for themselves with the AD received from the sale.

So your saying that you should be able to roll against someone who actually needs a drop because you can sell it on the AH and buy a piece of gear that YOU need? Thats entitlement sur. The *** backwards logic in that is astounding. Why should the person that helped down the boss that dropped something he needs get shafted because you wanna sell it and buy a piece of gear of your own. Thats completely ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    therealted wrote: »
    I can't speak for haelra, but I for one wouldn't be. Why? Because I'm patient, because I know I have the means to even out the system, and because I'm fine with using the auction house to gear up.

Wanting the item "right now" and refusing to adapt to the system "on principle" together strike me as being at least as petty, greedy, and immature as the alternative, but, hey, people are weird.

Being patient is one thing. Heres a scenrio for you. You've been farming CN for weeks to get an ancient whatever. After 20-30 clears it finally drops, you hit that nice little need button...but wait so does this other guy. Other guy wins and says he'll sell it to you for 3mil AD. Are you not going to be pretty pissed since you helped down the boss that just dropped it but are now being asked to pay AD for it anyway? I do agree with Epics needing to be BoP though.
  • Options
    therealtedtherealted Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Being patient is one thing. Heres a scenrio for you. You've been farming CN for weeks to get an ancient whatever. After 20-30 clears it finally drops, you hit that nice little need button...but wait so does this other guy. Other guy wins and says he'll sell it to you for 3mil AD. Are you not going to be pretty pissed since you helped down the boss that just dropped it but are now being asked to pay AD for it anyway? I do agree with Epics needing to be BoP though.
    Here's a question for you. Why are you farming something for weeks?

The gorilla formerly known as Kolikos
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    therealted wrote: »
    Here's a question for you. Why are you farming something for weeks?

Its just an example. Not meant to get nitpicked for accuracy. You didnt answer the question though. How would that make you feel? Even if it wasnt weeks but even just say farming for a week running delves constaly or what not only to have the only item your trying to get taken from you by someone thats going to just sell it?
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I haven't like the way it is right now. So I lose out on an item that I need big deal just do it again or sell stuff in AH for the items I want.

Now thanks to whiners I can only make money on my class(es). Keep loot system as is.

Good going .
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ninja tears are a beautiful thing.
    I look forward to seeing more of them once the rest of the ninja community finds out the hard way. :cool:
    Artificer.jpg