test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The upcoming changes to Queues and their Fail.

shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
From the release notes:

1. Error messages have been improved for queues that cannot be joined.
  2. Queues once again attempt to refill parties after a party member has dropped.
  3. The Queue UI now has sortable columns for level and gear score requirements.
  4. When joining an existing party, players now spawn at the farthest-forward respawn point activated by that party.
  5. When refilling parties with dropped members, the Queue system refills the party using the role(s) of the player(s) who had dropped.
  6. When rejoining a queue that one has previously left, there is no longer a chance of being placed back into the same instance in a seemingly broken state.
  7. When some party members accept and some party members decline a queue offer, the whole party is properly removed from the queue.

We don't want to replace who left with the one of the same class. If there is a party of 5 CW and 3 leaves, we want DIFFERENT CLASSES.

No vendor added at the start of every Dungeon? It's no harm if we can buy Injury kits and pots at the very beginning.

Still no way to replace party members when they drop just before boss?

No way to just look for a specific class? If there are 4 members without a DC, let the party leader select the only class allowed to join.

No way to stop people booting others at the end of a dungeon? Or at all? Griefing happens a lot and I've been around not for long. Go figure.
Post edited by shuy1 on

Comments

• bongstickbongstick Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    just wait another two months and hope they incorporate your requests. They look all valid.
  • efaiciaefaicia Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2013
    I'm in agreement that if A DC is in a group with 4 CW and a CW drops that maybe we should be able to specify a tank is brought in or looked for. ..Unless of course, you know, they fix the queue and a Tank as well as a healer is put in the gorup, not a DC to do both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • desorodesoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe they reworked the queue to properly place the right roles at the start (I assume so with their wording) and in doing so, they wanted to keep that intact by making the queue only refill a role with the same role.

Jesus, you people cry about things before you even see them. Most entitled F2P community I have ever seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dafuq you cryin' about? You first MMO??!
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    desoro wrote: »
    Maybe they reworked the queue to properly place the right roles at the start (I assume so with their wording) and in doing so, they wanted to keep that intact by making the queue only refill a role with the same role.

Jesus, you people cry about things before you even see them. Most entitled F2P community I have ever seen.

I daresay you've seen very few F2P communities.

but yeah, your point stands.

everyone whining should copy a character to the Test Server and actually try the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out before whining about it.
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also hope that they know your characters roll. Because not all GWF are DPS and not all GF are tanks, not all DC are healers. So how will the game know the difference if we do not get the ability to choose?
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    shuy1 wrote: »
    From the release notes:

No way to stop people booting others at the end of a dungeon? Or at all? Griefing happens a lot and I've been around not for long. Go figure.

You can no longer kick people unless they have disconnected.
  • shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I've paid for the game. Thanks for playing the "Assumption game" and losing thou.

Also, I didn't know that suggesting things for the sake of the game was a bad thing to do. Guess bashing other people is more rewarding.

And yeah, I will also test it. But it doesn't change the fact that half of these changes are not what the game needed.
  • desorodesoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    I daresay you've seen very few F2P communities.

but yeah, your point stands.

everyone whining should copy a character to the Test Server and actually try the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out before whining about it.

Maybe it is because most happy players abandoned the forums, where is other communities, they constantly battle eachother on the forums. Maybe, idk. It is just this game gets a horrible image from these forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    I've paid for the game. Thanks for playing the "Assumption game" and losing thou.

Also, I didn't know that suggesting things for the sake of the game was a bad thing to do. Guess bashing other people is more rewarding.

And yeah, I will also test it. But it doesn't change the fact that half of these changes are not what the game needed.

Whether you bought Zen or not, it remains F2P. Spending money doesnt make you any more entitled then not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013

That's a PvP only thing. Talking about Dungeon and Pve here.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Yea I see this as being the obvious but un-noticed fix. I assumed it would add players to parties by roles and not select 4 CW's or some other BS composition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    efaicia wrote: »
    I'm in agreement that if A DC is in a group with 4 CW and a CW drops that maybe we should be able to specify a tank is brought in or looked for. ..Unless of course, you know, they fix the queue and a Tank as well as a healer is put in the gorup, not a DC to do both.
    If you absolutely can not live without a specific class on your team, play that class or be in a guild with several players playing that class.

a) Fewer players play these classes than CW/TR
    b) Those that do generally know they can get a premade team almost on demand, especially if they've proven themselves capable, have decent GS or are in a guild that does dungeons.

The overall result is that DC/GF players don't have to bother with the pug queue on the same level that TR/CW do, thus they are in short supply for the pug queue. Trying to force the pug queue to match up a GF+DC in every team is going to lead to some massive (as in 1+ hour wait times) queue times for a large majority of pug players.
    edited June 2013
    Whether you bought Zen or not, it remains F2P. Spending money doesnt make you any more entitled then not.

It still doesn't change the fact that my suggestions are for the sake of the game. I like it and I want it better. i feel entitled to nothing, maybe I should put a IMHO at every post? And it's not really "in MY honest opinion". It's opinions (suggestions) stated by a lot of the players already, here on the same forum.

If you don't care about the game and don't have improvement for it, good for you. I do and I speak them.
    edited June 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Yea I see this as being the obvious but un-noticed fix. I assumed it would add players to parties by roles and not select 4 CW's or some other BS composition.

Yep, which is what 90% of us thought, the other 9% when to the Test Shard to find out, and the other ~1% come screaming on the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    It still doesn't change the fact that my suggestions are for the sake of the game. I like it and I want it better. i feel entitled to nothing, maybe I should put a IMHO at every post? And it's not really "in MY honest opinion". It's opinions (suggestions) stated by a lot of the players already, here on the same forum.

If you don't care about the game and don't have improvement for it, good for you. I do and I speak them.

You care so much as to not go to the Test Shard to find out, before ranting on the forums?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Yep, which is what 90% of us thought, the other 9% when to the Test Shard to find out, and the other ~1% come screaming on the forums.

Pulling numbers out of your magic hat, I see.

If this is true, thisshould be in the release notes. There aren't, so I assume this is not the case. Simple as that. I base things from what I see. You have no proof of what you are stating, I simply don't see anything like that.

Now, about testing, that we can agree. I will still test it.
    edited June 2013
    You care so much as to not go to the Test Shard to find out, before ranting on the forums?

You care so much as to not go to the Test Shard and post your actual results here before playing devil's advocate on the forums?
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013

as I understand it, that only applies to PVP?
    edited June 2013
    If you absolutely can not live without a specific class on your team, play that class or be in a guild with several players playing that class.

a) Fewer players play these classes than CW/TR
    b) Those that do generally know they can get a premade team almost on demand, especially if they've proven themselves capable, have decent GS or are in a guild that does dungeons.

The overall result is that DC/GF players don't have to bother with the pug queue on the same level that TR/CW do, thus they are in short supply for the pug queue. Trying to force the pug queue to match up a GF+DC in every team is going to lead to some massive (as in 1+ hour wait times) queue times for a large majority of pug players.

Yes I agree, the system worked the way it did previously to let people get into dungeons faster, even if it meant not having the "holy trinity" (healer,tank,dps).

They quickly found out, that solution usually wasn't for the best in harder Epic dungeons.

Now we will get longer queues, but a higher success rate. Pick your poison I guess.

I assume we will see rewards for Healers/Tanks to queue for PUGS. It worked for WoW, I would literally switch to my tank/healer if the reward queue had popped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    as I understand it, that only applies to PVP?

That's what I got too from the notes. I can't understand why such mechanic wouldn't be put in place for Dungeons too, where it is actually needed.
    edited June 2013
    You care so much as to not go to the Test Shard and post your actual results here before playing devil's advocate on the forums?

Launcher is patching it as we speak. But for someone who cares so deeply for the game, your negative posts are seen by potential players. Seeing as those posts are merely instant reaction rants, you could see the need for holding your opinion until you get to see it, for the better of the community and the game. Mmkay?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    They finally buffed the Sentinel tree of the GWF paragon path so GWF can now actually tank or offtank.. as for how well.. we still have to find out.
    edited June 2013
    They finally buffed the Sentinel tree of the GWF paragon path so GWF can now actually tank or offtank.. as for how well.. we still have to find out.

Yep that is nice. Also, rogues can do a little deflect off-tanking if geared/built right. Not great, but it is there. Maybe tanking adds later on?

Reason I point that out is, we need an alternate to Cleric healing, badly. Which I hope is in the works for, Module 2, perhaps?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Launcher is patching it as we speak. But for someone who cares so deeply for the game, your negative posts are seen by potential players. Seeing as those posts are merely instant reaction rants, you could see the need for holding your opinion until you get to see it, for the better of the community and the game. Mmkay?

Negative posts? The OP had suggestions for a better game. I didn't say the fixes are useless. I said that those fixes weren't the priority for the sake of game, hence the fail . Mmkay? You actually need to read carefully the thread before posting. First assuming things, then seeing things :)

Again, I comment the release notes. You are merely speculating about possible fixes that aren't stated in the notes by some reason known only to you.

And the last thing: as you said, this is a F2P game. I'm not supposed to test things for them, I do it because of my own will. I don't get paid to do that but I will still do it. So quit your "Go to the Test shard and see it with your own eyes". I have absolutely no duty to do that. It's not my job.
    edited June 2013

Yeah, that is nice but it's no place for such things. This thread is for queue notes.
    edited June 2013
    Let the thread die, like many others. Hopefully after Module 1, these people will finally move on. I get tired of trying to reason with them.

Feedback is done after seeing it live. All that needs to be said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also hope that they know your characters roll. Because not all GWF are DPS and not all GF are tanks, not all DC are healers. So how will the game know the difference if we do not get the ability to choose?

GF/GWF - Defender
    CW - Controller
    DC - Leader
    TR - Striker

Done
  • bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let the thread die, like many others. Hopefully after Module 1, these people will finally move on. I get tired of trying to reason with them.

Feedback is done after seeing it live. All that needs to be said.

well, it's not like problems like that existed in plenty of MMOs before. guess cryptic missed it with their "accumulated experience launching 5 mmos".

and whining about whiners accomplishes what exactly?
  • nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Players may no longer be kicked from PvP maps unless they are disconnected.

ftfy
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    GF/GWF - Defender
    CW - Controller
    DC - Leader
    TR - Striker

Done

Normally I would agree but we really have :
    GF/GWF - Defender/Striker
    CW - Controller/Striker
    DC - Leader/Striker
    TR - Striker/Striker

Soon we will have this though:

GF/GWF - Defender/Striker
    CW - Controller/Striker
    DC - Leader/Striker
    TR - Striker/Striker (with a nerf to the first Striker)

I have never believed things can be both "balanced" properly for both pve AND pvp. One or the other suffers or both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild