test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Balance and Gameplay Update - post your feedback here!

Comments

• Options
    gobirds11gobirds11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lot's of changes and I can't wait till they come to Dragon Shard. Sad face on the Duelist Fury and Shocking Execution nerfs but I will live.
  • Options
    millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Overall I like all of these changes. They seem to address the majority of issues we see on the forums. I'd still like to see an increase to GWF threat generation so that they can better fill the role of an off-tank, or even the main tank if a GF is not available. They shouldn't do it as good as the GF, but the ability should still be there to create more flexibility with group make up.

While agro reduction is great for the devoted clerics, as is removing stacking astral shields, I think further changes in boss fight mechanics need to be done so groups aren't cornered into certain group make ups to succeed. Even with 2 clerics, many of the epic boss fights were still pretty challenging. My hope is that the next class released has some group healing ability so that groups aren't reliant on having a cleric to even begin to have a chance.

Also, epic skirmishes please for the casual player. At level 60 sometimes you need something to do with a group other than PVP if you dont have 2-4 hours to play.
  • Options
    olvanatorolvanator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Companions:

- Unbinding?
    - What about the stats (ArPen, Crit and Rec) that have 0 effect on companions?
    - Any plans to speed up attack animations? A 5 sec CD with 5 sec animation = 10 seconds between attacks... Maybe start the CD at the beginning of the attack animation and not the end?
    - How about increasing the 10% hard cap on companion power/defense from stats?
    - Dancing sword/shield: Aggro radius is currently 0 for these two pets. It'd be nice if they would engage mobs without having to run mobs through their models.
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seeing all this makes it hard not to be optimistic. So many changes and so many of them in direct accord with requests made of the dev team.

One imagines that, given time, this game could shape itself into something only vaguely resembling its troubled beginnings. In fact, I may very well have to change many of my own tunes. The sheer volume of this list gives me more than a little crow to eat.

Like everyone else I hope for the best. I can’t offer congratulations just yet but be sure that it is in the offing should this update go smoothly.

And a preview server, there is some thinking. I look forward to how this shakes out.
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe I missed it, but is there somewhere we can sign up for access to the test server? Will everyone have access?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe I missed it, but is there somewhere we can sign up for access to the test server? Will everyone have access?

i think it will be in the server selection screen at character creation, just speculation though.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    "Excellent"
    -Mr. Burns
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Great Job. Exactly what I would expect from the first major patch.
  • Options
    xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Players may no longer be kicked from PvP maps unless they are disconnected.

I can almost hear a storm of applause coming from adsasd@dasdas, dfhgdfgh@sdfhsdfh, qweqrrq@azaazfj and all the others!
    Bravo!

/sarcasm
  • Options
    highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    Beautiful patch, althought I'm kinda missing Miracle Healer's set being fixed. Awesome job guys, really looking forward! :-)
  • Options
    foxk01foxk01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the Nerf, not, but yay for fixing some PVP brokenness.
  • Options
    millertime197933millertime197933 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Also, need to address the ability to unbind companions so that they can be sold/transferred. This feature is still not working.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WOw, alot of changes. I am still trying to absorb it all, although I was hoping for

1. We are nerfing the final boss fights in certain dungeons, and making the fights tougher from the start, up through to the boss fight. This will help make the final boss fight challenging without making people never want to play the game again. This will help balance out the entire dungeon difficulty.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    bandalf1bandalf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tons of great changes.Also a bunch of not so great changes. I am not a fan of nerfs in a PVE setting. Hope the dev team doesn't continue to nerf this game out of existence. PVP and PVE are two entirely different creatures and some of the nerfs are obviously because of PVP stuff.I don't do PVP at all and honestly have no intentions to ever try it and I know I am not alone in this.The CW nerf most likely will just make my game less enjoyable.Only speculating from what I am reading and how I picture it playing out.Time will tell.
  • Options
    xanquilxanquil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    Everything looks good to me, with 1 minor exception. "The "Need" button is now disabled for items your class cannot use."
    While this is a step in the right direction, it still doesn't get rid of all the other problems that a N/G/P system causes in an Action mmorpg.
    Please just go all the way and get with the times. Individual loot is the only way to make parting (with friends or strangers) tolerable. There is a reason that so many games are going away from N/G/P, the cons of it out way the pros.
  • Options
    nerfallthethingsnerfallthethings Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Lots of good stuff in there, with "The "Need" button is now disabled for items your class cannot use." standing out as something that will solve a lot of the community conflicts.

Many, many good changes. Really looking forward to testing this on the Test Shard. :)
    Sweet zombie Jesus! Are you for real, real?! Not for play, play?!
    No more of players ninja NEEDing on rolls so they can post that item on the AH? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure if I can be all excited about the fixes to the Devoted cleric. Seems a bit disappointing at the moment but won't know until I test it out.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    foxk01 wrote: »
    Thanks for the Nerf, not, but yay for fixing some PVP brokenness.

Two sides of the same coin! :)

As a primarily CW player, nerfs like the Enfeebling Ray one hurt , but I'm glad they are balancing and fixing those things. It all improves the game.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    varwevarwe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xenobius wrote: »
    I can almost hear a storm of applause coming from adsasd@dasdas, dfhgdfgh@sdfhsdfh, qweqrrq@azaazfj and all the others!
    Bravo!

/sarcasm

Right, but also, if they AFK and don't participate they get ZERO credit, which means it is no longer possible to AFK farm. They would have to participate at least for a portion of the battle. And it also said that PvP rewards for the losing side are being decreased, so if those who are AFK farming are hurting their team, then in the end that AFK farming will be far less effective.

Not perfect still, but it sounds to me like overall it is in the right direction.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    olvanator wrote: »
    Companions:

- Unbinding?

I was also curious about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    coolarsonistcoolarsonist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looks like renegade build is useless now, why nerf ray for cw? I expected a small buff and a nerf to over single damage, nope just nerfs.
  • Options
    theodraxtheodrax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Overall it looks like a great patch, I'm really looking forward to it. That's a lot of work in a relatively short time. The developers deserve some Kudos. The only issue I've been having that I don't see addressed is anything to ease the problem of getting groupmates together into the proper instance. The timer should just be eliminated, and something should be done to make sure you're dumped in the same instance after leaving a dungeon/skirmish/pvp/etc.

For the most part though, great job.
  • Options
    idunazidunaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    varwe wrote: »
    Right, but also, if they AFK and don't participate they get ZERO credit, which means it is no longer possible to AFK farm. They would have to participate at least for a portion of the battle. And it also said that PvP rewards for the losing side are being decreased, so if those who are AFK farming are hurting their team, then in the end that AFK farming will be far less effective.

Not perfect still, but it sounds to me like overall it is in the right direction.

Apparently you aren't savvy to the scripts these bots are running. They do participate techincally, becauase they have a script going that runs them along a designated path in the arena, and engages in combat if any enemy gets close.

That, in combination with the inability to kick these bots, will mean that the bots will benefit from this patch. I hope Cryptic is aware that these people botting in pvp actualy earn stats because of the scripts they are running.
  • Options
    swedishtrexswedishtrex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am verry much missing a change to Castle Never in the notes, how about letting other parties than the lamers exploiting singularity with double cw's actually finish it ? (no you are not meant to be able to knock mobs out of the arena, stop pretending exploiters)
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guardian Fighter

I love all these changes however I do not see how this makes any Paragon Tree other than Conqueror vaible in dungeons such as CN.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am verry much missing a change to Castle Never in the notes, how about letting other parties than the lamers exploiting singularity with double cw's actually finish it ? (no you are not meant to be able to knock mobs out of the arena, stop pretending exploiters)

Become better at the game.
  • Options
    droodz92droodz92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Being a 12K CW who has run Castle Never every day 4 to 6 times a day, I'm telling you that all your nerfs for CW when you don't touch TR, cause it's only like putting illusionary powder saying "oh yeah we nerfed TR" is bull****. You nerf "Ray of enfeeblement" BY FEATS, BY BASE DAMAGE AND BY %DMG BY RANK, It's our ONLY DESCENT "MONO TARGET" SPELL, You've made shadow weaver worthless, CW will practically be useless except to push mobs from ledge. Buffing sudden storm? Cool we'll have to be semi melee semi distance hero, seriously you dev should play CW instead of playing other classes. thanks for making all end game content CW reroll to ranger, your changes are stupid we were the more BALANCED CLASS. Great job for changing tooltips and bugged feats, still you went way too far on that Nerf for CW. +1 for buff on GF and GWF though, It was the only thing needed, touching CW was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    Guardian Fighter

I love all these changes however I do not see how this makes any Paragon Tree other than Conqueror vaible in dungeons such as CN.

The middle-path may become a viable path since GF are going to be the major role of keeping threat now. Not 100% threat but a good sized amount of threat. You need to be more tanky than the conqueror tree now since you can't use Double AS anymore. It's not going to get any easier with these changes. A lot of GF's are probably going to have to re-think the stat distributions on their gear now.
  • Options
    pedeadstrianpedeadstrian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's nice that you can only need on what you can use now, but it'd be great if profession resources couldn't be needed on, and if treasure chests/nodes would use some kind of round robbin loot system. Everytime there is a chest nearby, people will run towards it before combat is even over, trying to make sure they get it.
  • Options
    copperscaledrgncopperscaledrgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I see a lot of changes that needed to be addressed. VERY happy you are getting the auction house up and running. One quick issue I did not see address here is to do with UI. As a totally new to MMO type of games player I found several things on the UI to be very hard to figure out. For one, the size of the lettering in the pop-up that comes up when you need to chose something or another, (shift 1 and shift 2) I could not tell if it was a 1 or an I or a L when I first saw it and somehow ended up spending a bunch of Zen because I did the wrong thing. The lettering in those boxes needs to be larger.

A question comes to mind as well. Since the preview is going to be a new shard, I am assuming we will need to roll up an new character. Will we have slots made available to us for that shard?