test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone notice the wording in the post "Major updates on the way"

lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
If you read the post it says they been working on the exploits, but then doesnt say the next update has anything to do with fixing them. There is some great stuff the game really does need fixing and such. But the lack of fixing exploits isnt mentioned at all.

And will this Major updates on the way causeMAJOR EXPLOITS? Guess we wont know that until they get updated

Also side note pretty much all of the reply to that post also state there better be free respecs involved with the major character changes. This is a must and if cryptic doesnt they are not listening to the majority of the people then.
Post edited by lostmarbleshere on

Comments

• glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The only Update I am interested is the one that puts us all on the same Server!!!!!

I hate being separated from my brethren.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That would be nice also.
  • neyph69neyph69 Banned Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    The only Update I am interested is the one that puts us all on the same Server!!!!!

I hate being separated from my brethren.

I think they said there will probably not be a server merge because of possible population issues it may cause. As for a source i dont have one but im pretty sure i read it somewhere.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe no mention of fixing them, because they havent found a fix for them yet. And dont want to make any empty promises?

Kind of a sensible thing to think.

Though what this game needs more than anything is the content and updates, Im also waiting for that server merge.
  • joopus84joopus84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what about the other classes "comming soon" any news updates on those?
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited June 2013
    neyph69 wrote: »
    I think they said there will probably not be a server merge because of possible population issues it may cause. As for a source i dont have one but im pretty sure i read it somewhere.

You may have read it somewhere, but it wasn't stated by a dev. A server merge is inevitable, the only thing up in the air is timing.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you read the post it says they been working on the exploits, but then doesnt say the next update has anything to do with fixing them. There is some great stuff the game really does need fixing and such. But the lack of fixing exploits isnt mentioned at all.

They also said, "Every class will see big changes in regards to their mechanics.", but what they DO NOT SAY is that they will actually implement them! Only that we will SEE THEM! Maybe make some pictures, diagrams, etc of how the new class mechanics would work in the game.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know what world you live in but, computers are complex things, bugs creep up because their code had a problem with a computer they didn't test it on. These bugs can be hard to nail down, and fix one you might create 10 more. So to expect instant fixes to a bug is silly, them saying they are working at these things is what everyone was just complaining about a few days ago.

They are communicating with us on what they are doing. That old saying you can't please everyone really is turning true here.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Doubt it, since the devs stated multiple times they plan on merging servers eventually.
  • neyph69neyph69 Banned Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    You may have read it somewhere, but it wasn't stated by a dev. A server merge is inevitable, the only thing up in the air is timing.

Very true, i dont remember where i read it honestly. It may have been some kind of review or something i just remember reading it lol.
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Eventually our sun will become a super giant and nom on the earth. That Eventuallity isn't for another 5 billion years? They say.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013

The server merge was mentioned in an interview. They said they won't look more into the merge until they population stables. There is several "I quit" threads daily and on the other hand they got Content update "Coming Soon". So with the update you could see a flood of returners or new blood. With RIFT F2P/Marvel Heroes/FFIX RR you could see population move out as well. Its hard to tell when the servers will be at the point where they can be properly merged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    there better be free respecs involved
    I want this regardless. Skills either didn't work as advertised or completely lacked proper information, forcing us to invest in them to see what they were really like. This is ontop of feats as well, which some where just flat out broken entirely.

No free respec with this patch will just scream a whole host of negative things.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would be nice if the update included a three volt charge into the keyboards of bridge dwellers. :p

But seriously folks,

The update will have some things I'm looking forward to but not everything I want, it is the nature of the beast it isn't a jesus patch and it certainly won't keep the astroturfers and haters at bay.

Looking at things realistically prevents disappointment
    osiabunny wrote: »
    Eventually our sun will become a super giant and nom on the earth. That Eventuallity isn't for another 5 billion years? They say.

"Eventually" the vast majority of bridge dwellers will move on to TESO and Wildstar and hate on that. Can't happen soon enough for me.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    The server merge was mentioned in an interview. They said they won't look more into the merge until they population stables.

which, tbh is completely bollocks considering their server setup. it doesn't really matter if you have 10 instances per shard or 30 on one.

I almost expect a "sorry, we don't want to destroy server communities (lol) or any other lame excuse so there won't be a merge - but you can buy a transfer in the zen shop!"
  • melanko0melanko0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daowace wrote: »
    I want this regardless. Skills either didn't work as advertised or completely lacked proper information, forcing us to invest in them to see what they were really like. This is ontop of feats as well, which some where just flat out broken entirely.

No free respec with this patch will just scream a whole host of negative things.

This will ultimately show how much Cryptic/PW actual care about their players and will make their business model transparent to us. If they don't give at least one free respec token out after the major patch that will be the final nail in the coffin for me and pretty much abandon NWO and write it off as a learning experience for myself.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    melanko0 wrote: »
    This will ultimately show how much Cryptic/PW actual care about their players and will make their business model transparent to us. If they don't give at least one free respec token out after the major patch that will be the final nail in the coffin for me and pretty much abandon NWO and write it off as a learning experience for myself.

It should be pointed out, again, that Cryptic do have a track record for giving out freespecs for major changes to powers.

Hell, they recently gave out a free trait respec to every active character in STO so everyone would have effectively 2 chances with the new trait system.
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Would be nice if the update included a three volt charge into the keyboards of bridge dwellers. :p

But seriously folks,

The update will have some things I'm looking forward to but not everything I want, it is the nature of the beast it isn't a jesus patch and it certainly won't keep the astroturfers and haters at bay.

Looking at things realistically prevents disappointment

"Eventually" the vast majority of bridge dwellers will move on to TESO and Wildstar and hate on that. Can't happen soon enough for me.

Going by the haters every mmo since WOW has died a horrible death and is a terrible game. I'm waiting for the day when they wise up and realize that their favorite game is wow and they're not really looking for any other mmo. So they can stop joining new ones and whining.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    Going by the haters every mmo since WOW has died a horrible death and is a terrible game. I'm waiting for the day when they wise up and realize that their favorite game is wow and they're not really looking for any other mmo. So they can stop joining new ones and whining.

I used to play WoW i even got sucked into playing it again after that teddybear expansion. I played it for 3 weeks then quit again. Nothing really changed just added a teddybear and a new pet thing. Everything else was the same.

Dont get me wrong i am looking forward to the update. The game needs changes badly. But more so then changes it need the exploits fixed. There is no point of adding anything to PVP until the bot exploits get taken care of And AFK pvp exploit gets handled. I havnt even logged into the game for 4 days now. I am going to wait for the update see what changes it makes go from there. Why waist time making another toon right now
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I used to play WoW i even got sucked into playing it again after that teddybear expansion. I played it for 3 weeks then quit again. Nothing really changed just added a teddybear and a new pet thing. Everything else was the same.

Dont get me wrong i am looking forward to the update. The game needs changes badly. But more so then changes it need the exploits fixed. There is no point of adding anything to PVP until the bot exploits get taken care of And AFK pvp exploit gets handled. I havnt even logged into the game for 4 days now. I am going to wait for the update see what changes it makes go from there. Why waist time making another toon right now

The bots aren't that bad at 60 pvp. I see quite a few premades and have had premade vs premade battles. The bot problem is mostly bad when leveling up but low level pvp is imbalanced anyway and has been since mmo's first inception. No mmo has good pvp balance in the low level range because any proper mmo balances things for end game to keep people playing. As for the WoW comment I'm not talking to everyone who has played wow. The comment is to people who honestly think that every mmo other than WoW is a failure despite the fact that most mmo's can be perfectly profitable at 100,000 players. The players I'm talking about are the ones who complain that a game isn't enough like wow only to then complain it's too much like wow and it's a clone when they add more wow features. These people don't realize what they want is wow or to re-experience their first wow moments because it's the game that got them into mmo gaming.
  • noniussnoniuss Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    melanko0 wrote: »

DUDE, they gave everyone a free bag of goodies for the mess with the AH exploit...stop being all doom and gloom all the time, it should be obvious to everyone, who isn't hopelessly stuck under the bridge, that the dev's actually care for the game and the community