test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"knockoff" legit? and CN boss fight

eradzeradz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So if anyone has ran CN or any other dungeon for that matter prolly used some form of knockoff. Is this legit? or an exploit? This would go for the draco last boss fight in CN, are knockoffs part of the encounter?
Post edited by eradz on

Comments

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. No class has high aoe damage or sustained aoe threat.
    2. Control wizards have far more control than they have aoe damage.
    3. The environments of almost all dungeons, certainly all the high level ones, is specifically created with dangerous sections from (large) falls.

So, what do you think...
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Knocking off is an intended strategy. :)

*That doesn't mean it won't be adjusted to be harder, but knocking mobs off ledges is intended to be one means of killing mobs.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Knocking off is an intended strategy. :)

How about more than 1 viable strategy , it that too much to ask ?
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When your character can get knocked off the answer becomes pretty clear :P
  • atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's legit, but probably not fully working as intended.

I believe it was mentioned that they're looking for ways to keep mobs from being knocked off (at least in such high numbers). A few patches back they filled in some gaps in the Temple of the Spider.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    How about more than 1 viable strategy , it that too much to ask ?

Probably yes, because that would mean adjusting GWF AoE at wills to not loose damage on AoE, because apparently it makes so much sense for AoE class to have its main AoE attacks become WEAKER the more mobs it hits.
  • eradzeradz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ambisinisterr,

Thanks for the reply!!! I just wanted to make sure that method was legit and will be that way in the furture without getting nerfed or a ban-hamma!

Thanks
    Eradz
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eradz wrote: »
    Ambisinisterr,

Thanks for the reply!!! I just wanted to make sure that method was legit and will be that way in the furture without getting nerfed or a ban-hamma!

Thanks
    Eradz
    You might want to reread his post. He never said it will not be nerfed, in fact he said it might be.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I have no information whether it will or will not be nerfed. After watching some of the more organised teams record their Castle Never runs I wouldn't doubt it will be adjusted but I have no information either way.

I can only say that knocking creatures off ledges is an intended strategy to killing mobs just as it's also indended to be a risk to players getting knocked off as well.

Whether or not it is intended to be used as effectively as it is right now is a gray area I am not informed on, though. ;)
  • kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    Is it also intended that you loose all drops if you knock them down?

There is too much trash in dungeons imo and the drops are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    let them drop wards, shards, pets etc on a very rare basis.
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm hoping that with all the major changes to classes that are coming 'soon' it will no longer be the ONLY effective strategy for managing adds in this counter.
  • bbsoonerbbsooner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited June 2013
    kashimaa1 wrote: »
    Is it also intended that you loose all drops if you knock them down

I would hope so, its a tradeoff.