test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wipe ?

zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm curious, I have heard many people annoucing an official wipe, I have seen nothing of the sort in official post but I might have missed something.
Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
Post edited by zorlun on

Comments

• rasmuseprasmusep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    There will be no wipe...
  • stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2013
    They have clearly said no wipe. Just because a minority of the players want a wipe, it doesn't mean its official.
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People need to start researching things before making stupid redundant threads.
    INB4, INB4
  • zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok, I must say I'm relieved, I have build 5 characters to 60 full purple gear and I don't that I would have it in me to do it a second time. :)
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People need to stop making thread about wipe because PW already confirmed there is no wipe. Yet there people who keep putting out false information and it is affecting the game because if people think there is Wipe, they don't want to play the game. I say it time to banned the people who posting Wipe topic. A lot of this people are troll, and some of them just wouldn't give up until PW to give it their way.
  • rangergonewildrangergonewild Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes. Yes I do and thanks for asking ;)
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Here ya go...
    toilet-paper-over.jpg
    ...you're welcome
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • grhymgrhym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No wipe? so this isnt a beta, but a very early release with on-the-fly bugfixing? lol...

obviously they wont wipe when they have already taken cash out of your pocket. a real beta would wipe before release so that everyone starts on the same footing (instead of having 5x 60s fully decked out...i find that a serious turnoff)
  • redxhoodredxhood Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think a wipe could work if they refunded zen/founder pack purchasers their original stuff to be used again in wiped game, introduced new zen items to be bought with said refunded zen, updated/balanced/introduced new powers/feats, introduced other races, fixed/balanced pvp rewards, and tied up any more exploits. Until that time comes, I won't see this game as worth spending money on.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    SECTION II - FOUNDER'S PACKS AND BETA INFORMATION

Will there be a character wipe when the game officially launches?

There are no plans to wipe characters again.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ&p=297581&viewfull=1#post297581
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • talung34talung34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zorlun wrote: »
    I'm curious, I have heard many people annoucing an official wipe, I have seen nothing of the sort in official post but I might have missed something.

Your confusion is in relation to them naming their release "Open Beta" when clearly its a release.

If it was really beta, you would see massive changes and fixes deployed. There would be no need for headstarts. Basically the misnomer is due to them not wanted to accept any sort of responsibility on the level of bugs they have.

Its classic Cryptic at its best.

oh and "Please be patient!" lol
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    talung34 wrote: »
    Your confusion is in relation to them naming their release "Open Beta" when clearly its a release.

If it was really beta, you would see massive changes and fixes deployed. There would be no need for headstarts. Basically the misnomer is due to them not wanted to accept any sort of responsibility on the level of bugs they have.

Its classic Cryptic at its best.

oh and "Please be patient!" lol

I'm not sure where you heard they weren't accepting responsibility for bugs and other issues. They have continued to collect and prioritize reports and thanks to our feedback and their work, we now we have major updates announced around the corner. These fixes ARE their responsibility. Clearly they've accepted responsibility for them. Think about what you're saying instead of just parroting what other forum posters say. Think for yourself.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • talung34talung34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When I see it I will believe it.

I was in closed beta. I reported many bugs. People reported many Exploits, when did they fix them... only when economy took a massive hit. There is always the "coming soon", "please be patient" and then release of items in the cash shop.

Obviously the priorities are not where you think they are. Try not to be such a fanboi and look at their actions instead of what they say... you will find a large discrepancy.
    edited June 2013
    talung34 wrote: »
    When I see it I will believe it.

I was in closed beta. I reported many bugs. People reported many Exploits, when did they fix them... only when economy took a massive hit. There is always the "coming soon", "please be patient" and then release of items in the cash shop.

Obviously the priorities are not where you think they are. Try not to be such a fanboi and look at their actions instead of what they say... you will find a large discrepancy.

What you show up to do is just as cliche and thoughtless as what you accuse "fanbois" of showing up to do. If you want an itemized list of bug fixes, I've got good news for you. There's a forum just for patch notes.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
    edited June 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    What you show up to do is just as cliche and thoughtless as what you accuse "fanbois" of showing up to do. If you want an itemized list of bug fixes, I've got good news for you. There's a forum just for patch notes.

I understand its embarrassing to have paid $200 for this game and you will try to defend that. As for for the "Bugfixes" you are posting about... like the PvP afk think... funny how I still have tons of people AFK in pvp, oh and thats when that not farming bots. And people are still advertising in Zone chat for AFK pvp teams.

Oh, you mean like the dungeon exploits getting to the boss... well, maybe they blocked 1 but opened up 3 more exploits.

Or, you could mean the foundry "Fixes" that prevent you from getting xp if you earn xp too quickly...

Or, maybe the group finder that thinks that if you have a cleric companion then you a healer, or that if somebody leaves you cannot get a replacement... or that people are getting kicked right after the end boss so they get no loot.

Should I go on on your fixes? Like I said before your irrational fanboi defense took over... Actions speak louder than words.
  • redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Pretty sure over well over half of the community, ~70%, supported a wipe. So that doesn't really qualify as "minority." PWE's just ****ing stupid.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    redwaterx wrote: »
    Pretty sure over well over half of the community, ~70%, supported a wipe. So that doesn't really qualify as "minority." PWE's just ****ing stupid.

Pretty sure there are more then 2000 players playing so it wasn't even close to 70%. It wasn't even close to 7%. All it was just a vocal minority of butthurt sad players who can't make any ADs on their own so they want others to get wiped, exploiters or not.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The wipe will happen on 6/21/2013.
  • xtriz1337xtriz1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Closed Beta = Wipe. Open beta(F2P) = Never wipe (Offcial Release) = No wipe.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At this point, Cryptic is not planning any more wipes. This is not something to wish for. More important for those of us that plan to play this game long term, it just hasn't been necessary.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
This discussion has been closed.