test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm afraid to play

zerolimits0zerolimits0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
................in case there's a rollback again:rolleyes:
Post edited by zerolimits0 on

Comments

• kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yep, you're not the only one. It's funny that they ignored the current exploits over the weekend (the last two weeks, they freaked out and shut the AH over the weekend, and took the game down for a little bit at the weekend), but something of the sort is surely coming.

Ticking all the boxes for what you can do wrong with an MMO these days, they're squandering a lot of potential with greedy and sloppy practises. It's horrible, as the game has a great setting, and some nice moving parts, and if it worked properly and wasn't rife with the same classes of exploits as Crytic's other titles (when you reuse code, reuse the lessons, people), it'd be huge fun.

Right now, this articulates the sort of crappy practises that are hamstringing this game, eroding both value and trust:

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/RaminShokrizade/20130531/193353/The_Barrier_to_Big.php
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The problem with that article is that it addresses a fairly small percentage of the population. In fact, it's very POINT requires this: "if everyone has a horse that took me loads of time to get, my horse is devalued" requires, absolutely, that not many people have horses to start with.

More people are turned ONTO a game by the sudden availability of horses, than are turned off the game by the sudden devaluing of rare horses.

Games cannot (and indeed should not) devote excessive time and effort to satisfying incredibly high-end, high-level, high-maintenance players. Because they are a tiny, tiny demographic. And besides, if they're the kind of player willing to devote 1000 hours to getting an uber weapon, even if you then ruin the game for them, they have still put in one thousand hours.
  • jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

There will be NO ROLLBACKS. It's already been stated IN WRITING. Why do people keep posting these rollback warning threads?
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jpnole wrote: »
    There will be NO ROLLBACKS. It's already been stated IN WRITING. Why do people keep posting these rollback warning threads?
    Because they are idiots who can't look for info even if its stickied right there before their noses.
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Guess what, you're time isn't worth that much. So feel free to play.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would only be afraid to play if I had exploited this bug, because it's obviously extremely well traceable.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • selekinselekin Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Because they are idiots who can't look for info even if its stickied right there before their noses.

Better insult people, who read the "NO ROLLBACKS" for the auction house exploit and still it happened.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    The chances of a roll-back are quite slim. :)
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    selekin wrote: »
    Better insult people, who read the "NO ROLLBACKS" for the auction house exploit and still it happened.

If rollback isn't needed first few hours after exploit, then it won't happen.
  • galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello All,

I have to raise an eyebrow every time I see people responding to the potential thought rollback/wipe/Hard Reset!!!!

As far as I am concerned, as much as it would pain me for them to do it, if the only way that the majority of the fixes can be addressed is by doing a wipe/hard rest then I say Just Do It !!!!!

People seem to be always using the excuse to others " Well this is Open beta "

They got to do what they have to do, as far as I'm concerned regardless of the time I may have put in.....

IT IS OPEN BETA, that what open beta is for to fine tune and tweak tweak the game so it can go to Launch.

It is a shame though, as said... this title has a lot of potential.

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea, most have figured out already that Cryptic was all over this one. We've already reported this.

Major thanks to the community for their eyes, ears and efforts. They clued us in so early in the process, before it went public on our forums. This allowed Cryptic to gather resources and get busy coding and ensuring those who took advantage are duly punished. All with minimal to no disruption to the great majority of the playerbase, who play the game as it was intended to be played.

As for rollback, its possible but very unlikely. If there's no need to disrupt the majority of players, they won't. A good reporting system, a ready and able playerbase willing to report foulplay, and excellent developers/engineers go a long way for providing a seamless game experience.

Just have fun and play!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't be. You lose a few hours play in worst case. Doesn't strike me as so bad.
  • galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello Again,

Just A quick Question,

So Was The Server Down Yet? I thought it was for 1.5 hours +- ????

Cheers!

Less Downtime I suppose but it sounded so serious O0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They never ever said never to the rollback. They said as i recall they dont plan to do a rollback. They never said never.
  • nolifekrippariannolifekripparian Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    i dont understand why they dont immediatly turn the servers off when they discover a new exploit and fix it, instead of waiting that everyone uses it and THEN ban half of the population of the game....makes no sense( and no,i didnt use it but i heard of it yesterday and i know a lot of people that used it since they didnt do anything about it and they are tired of doing things in the right way when everyone else just use exploits,and btw there are many others exploits going around right now,like another gf exploit that increases power of the team by millions)
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i dont understand why they dont immediatly turn the servers off when they discover a new exploit and fix it, instead of waiting that everyone uses it and THEN ban half of the population of the game....makes no sense( and no,i didnt use it but i heard of it yesterday and i know a lot of people that used it since they didnt do anything about it and they are tired of doing things in the right way when everyone else just use exploits,and btw there are many others exploits going around right now,like another gf exploit that increases power of the team by millions)

Poor girl friends, being exploited like that.
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Poor girl friends, being exploited like that.
  • aierrsaierrs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    The latest fusing exploit only affect mainly PwE if u ask me. So they wouldnt rollback. Its unlike thw ah exploit which affects the core currency of ad
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • isfuturo1isfuturo1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The best is you get banned so easily in the game without them sending email telling you what's next . . . Even change of FOV, we are afraid of getting banned ... Getting banned without system prompt for warning is worst ... and account got banned after 3 weeks no response from support is ridiculous worst ...

I seeing lesser and lesser people in town now ... it's either accounts are banned, people leaving due to friends leaving, people are afraid to play due to ridiculous banning system from the bugs they created themselves.

A fun game is dead from a poor management ... i think i know why people rather play a lousy game with good support.

This company taught me good experience :) Thank you +1
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They will only work on fixing the bugs if the bug affects their income.

The Elder Scrolls Online will come out soon. I'm hoping it's as good as it looks. I think I will just hold off on spending money here and use my money there...provided it's not a messed up as this game is.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yea, most have figured out already that Cryptic was all over this one. We've already reported this.

Major thanks to the community for their eyes, ears and efforts. They clued us in so early in the process, before it went public on our forums. This allowed Cryptic to gather resources and get busy coding and ensuring those who took advantage are duly punished. All with minimal to no disruption to the great majority of the playerbase, who play the game as it was intended to be played.

As for rollback, its possible but very unlikely. If there's no need to disrupt the majority of players, they won't. A good reporting system, a ready and able playerbase willing to report foulplay, and excellent developers/engineers go a long way for providing a seamless game experience.

Just have fun and play!

Sneaky. So basically Cryptic got a backstab on the exploiters? That's pretty smart.

I approve. +1 Cryptic.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Unless another Astral Diamond exploit shows up there won't be a rollback. The only reason for that roll back was because it was producing billions of Astral Diamonds out of nothing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's very unlikely they will do another roll back but remember it's still "open beta" :)
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
    edited June 2013
    spacejew wrote: »

Sweet i forgot about this game. Right on i got something to try until Elderscrolls comes out thanks
  • eup4eup4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    marvelheroes is marvelous :p
    edited June 2013
    silvernite wrote: »
    They will only work on fixing the bugs if the bug affects their income.

The Elder Scrolls Online will come out soon. I'm hoping it's as good as it looks. I think I will just hold off on spending money here and use my money there...provided it's not a messed up as this game is.

Its got some issues it is in a True BETA right now. Like elderscrolls is a real beta test. Its not a full beta yet, some stuff isnt active in the beta right now. From what i seen so far it looks sweet still. I would love to beta that one. I have beta tested like 12 games so far and this has been the worst so far. They call this a beta but really its a soft launch