test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Major updates on the way!

Comments

• vigerovigero Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No they should have a sail on the zen store for the day the patch releases :P and they should lower the cost of retrain tokens to around 300-500 also hope they fix the kicking system, and the looting system because its just so stupid how you can kick everyone without a vote and people ninja loot everything they should make it so you can only need on things for your class >.> (also i agree about free respec token but only 1 or 2 they have to make money some how :D)
  • heavenlyfuryheavenlyfury Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    THis better be the best patch or you'll see the rest of the population gone within a week .

In every game I have ever played, in every forum they have had, I have seen people say this. It could honestly be a quote from any other game out there's forum.

If you are that unhappy with the game you should browse around for another and take some time off. That's how I found this one.

I love the game. The short, richly-rewarding quests that you can do between meetings, classes and conference calls.

We start to expect so much and become so entitled and demanding. I think we lose perspective.

I'm excited about the future changes. Even if that means I have to relearn how to play my wizard. I think it will still be quite interesting.
  • vuulzvuulz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cautious optimism until we see something concrete.
  • ltdansotltdansot Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    When should we expect this to happen?
  • rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Between now and not too long from now.

Also known as soon.

If they had an exact date/time, it would have been posted.

Should be at least before June 12th, that's when RIFT goes F2P. :P
  • nadaclosnadaclos Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We will see if this is true or not......

Im more than happy to give criptyc any feedback they need, but if the next patch they add something to zen store instead of repair the major problems in the game im going to be very mad.
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Because a p2p game going f2p means it is good?

yeah.
  • mallonslefrmallonslefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    2 weeks ago, there was a soon, now it's another soon, are we going to wait 2 weeks to get a soonish? before the soonishish? don't post bull**** to make people wait, it will end more frustrating if it take another 2 weeks
  • iy0tiy0t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    2 weeks ago, there was a soon, now it's another soon, are we going to wait 2 weeks to get a soonish? before the soonishish? don't post bull**** to make people wait, it will end more frustrating if it take another 2 weeks

maybe they're just telling this so we will not leave this game because they know there a lot of new game comming.
  • blitz686blitz686 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looking for an official response on giving a free respec token, or two, after changing classes around. As many have said, I won't be okay with paying $6 per character to optimize, or fix, my build every time they make changes to the classes.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would like to know if any exploits or something getting done to fix pvpbots that would be a step forward
  • khedrakkhedrak Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Free to play game = Bots, gold farmers to sell on their sites, hackers and cheaters. Want all of that gone they would have to make it a monthly subscription based game and NOT free to play. Would be the best step forward if they did that.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Do like you did in City of Heores, Have Respec trials. The lvl 60 Skirmish rewards are absolotly worthless, have them earn you Respec Tokens, and make so that you would need a respec token for anything you want to respec, Feats, Abillity Scores and Powers costs a token each, and lower the Zen ones to 200.
  • zierkzierk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19
    edited June 2013
    The long awaited changes sound good however the constant nickle and diming in this game has drove me off. You cannot be competitive at end game without spending a lot of real money. I'll play a sub any day over this cash shop/micro-transaction <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. This is essentially the MMO version of every Facebook game. When cash shops are cosmetic that is one thing, when it enables you to buy real gear that affects stats is another. Some basic quality of life features require real money (i.e. respec) and that just drew the line for me.
  • rytram99rytram99 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xhiven wrote: »
    There's no way Cryptic doesn't run without internal deadlines and specific dates for these things. Besides, I'm not asking for a specific date. Just a general time frame. Thus far they've used the term "Soon" to indicate anything from a month to day to a couple of hours. Just telling us "Soon" all the time makes it completely meaningless and gets people's hopes up which leads to more frustration.

as i have a friend that works at BUNGIE.INC i have come to understand a few things from dev side of things, #1 yes there are deadlines, though they are not supposed to announce specific details such as date and time, soon is the best you will ever get from a game. also the reason why the term is "i can neither confirm nor deny" is because that merely denying something is giving too much information cause denying is a confirmation of information and they cant do that. and lastly you have no F'n clue what its like to be a DEV, it is ridiculously hard work at times, like workin 7 12+hr days when deadline is coming up and **** isnt ready, thats called CRUNCH. so be patient cause DEV's do care, Publishers dont, pubs only care about botton line profit, thats it. its business simple,
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    So many lemmings in this game.

LOL at anyone that plays this trash over Rift. I went back there after the exploit galore in this game and have no clue why I left that game. Such a difference a good game and good dev team make over this trash that the masses flock too. Just remember, gets those wallets open!!!

PWExploit

Been checking out some Rift videos since I've heard several players here raving about how good it is compared to Neverwinter but sorry the combat mechanics look beyond terrible... Personally this would bore me to tears after about 5 minutes.

Regardless of how good other elements of the game may or may not be if the combat is as tedious as it seems (stand still and press buttons till one of you dies) then I can't see it appealing to a lot of players.
  • fourmemberfourmember Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    clortbags wrote: »
    Been checking out some Rift videos since I've heard several players here raving about how good it is compared to Neverwinter but sorry the combat mechanics look beyond terrible... Personally this would bore me to tears after about 5 minutes.

Regardless of how good other elements of the game may or may not be if the combat is as tedious as it seems (stand still and press buttons till one of you dies) then I can't see it appealing to a lot of players.

i played RIFT for awhile its wow with random portals to fight big whoop
  • h0rseh0rse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bnaude65 wrote: »
    If they are charging money for anything related to the game, it is not beta. Such a misuse of the term. What you are experiencing is a soft launch. Get over the beta misnomer.
    It's still not a full-on, "official" launch, so his point still remains valid. Even if it officially released, what's it been - like a month? Too late?...really?....
    8.jpg

Fiona Bauerstone - Devoted Cleric - Dragon Server
  • velocitygamesvelocitygames Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its nice...!!! :)
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Major Updates" sound good enough, however my fellow players do keep in mind this is a Cryptic game and after this patch goes live ( whenever that is) the game shall require at least 2 more patches to address all the bugs and lag caused by the previous one before it becomes truly playable.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • zellrainbowzellrainbow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have you fixed how we get teleported to entrance of dungeon and not party if you get DC?
  • khedrakkhedrak Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zierk wrote: »
    The long awaited changes sound good however the constant nickle and diming in this game has drove me off. You cannot be competitive at end game without spending a lot of real money. I'll play a sub any day over this cash shop/micro-transaction <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. This is essentially the MMO version of every Facebook game. When cash shops are cosmetic that is one thing, when it enables you to buy real gear that affects stats is another. Some basic quality of life features require real money (i.e. respec) and that just drew the line for me.

Yes this game would be SO much better if it weren't free to play. I still play FE and play NW just enough to see if any good changes happen. None of which has really been good enough to play further as of yet. I'd play more if there was enough good changes and it were subscription instead of f2p.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kjrn16 wrote: »
    I'm scared to be honest because i'm a rouge and a lot of people have been asking for a rouge nerf. What non-rouges don't get is that rogues are roughly squishy! In pvp yes we do a lot of damage but we also die VERY EASILY unless we have our buff on and only if it's not in cooldown! In all honesty we can't take on more than 2 at a time and that's only if one is slightly damaged already. And in PvE we're usually sent off to kill the boss and if the others don't manage to pull all the adds we don't do all that well. We're mostly a 1v1 class. So when you say re-balancing I do hope you don't ruin the fun of the game. Classes aren't meant to be balanced perfectly because THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT. That's like saying a half-orc rogue will be better than a halfling or an elf rogue. Uhm, no. So please do keep in consideration that every class has it's perks and flaws. Just as it would in DnD. Keep it original. And great game so far I'm looking forward to the new expansions and hopefully the level cap to be raised. ( I went from 28 to 60 in about 5 days so it'd be no fun if it stops at 60 especially in a beta.) ALSO I hate to rant and leave a long message, but I am curious about the founders pack because my boyfriend is buying me it soon and I just want to know when it's ending? Ok well, thank you a ton for your great work and keep it up!

as a non-rogue player to a rogue player.. dodge !
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Are they talking about Module 1 release or something else?
  • templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is GREAT. I've been waiting for a fix for my GWF.. as some have said, I really hope you will give us a full respec for FREE, I have already purchased 1 token about a week ago trying to get my GWF better but that didn't really help..
  • selekinselekin Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope they just don't change the % values to numeric ones.
    As: Decreases Defense of your enemies by 10% => by 252.

There are so many stack problems, if they fix them by using numeric values instead of creating a priority stack that's gonna be awful D:
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I suspect this "Major Update" will be fix 5 things instead of the normal 3. :p

I'm still waiting....for the past three weeks for them to fix the texture bug on the Master Assassin's Armor for the Male characters (Human at least) and to fix the in-game calendar so that it displays the correct name of the Month....again, been waiting on this for the past 3 weeks also.

At this time, I've completely stopped buying Zen or anything else from PWE until they fix the armor issue. It doesn't hurt me a bit to save at least $50 a month. And if The Elder Scrolls Online comes out before PWE fixes these minor issues, then my money will go permanently to the ESO instead of here. I'm sorry, but there isn't any reason minor fixes that take only 5 minutes to take over 3 weeks to implement.
  • xhivenxhiven Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rytram99 wrote: »
    as i have a friend that works at BUNGIE.INC i have come to understand a few things from dev side of things, #1 yes there are deadlines, though they are not supposed to announce specific details such as date and time, soon is the best you will ever get from a game. also the reason why the term is "i can neither confirm nor deny" is because that merely denying something is giving too much information cause denying is a confirmation of information and they cant do that.

Problem is I didn't say any of that. All you did was construct yourself a nice little straw man to yell at. Ironically, you even said exactly what I have said myself in other threads. Albeit without capital letters or punctuation.

and lastly you have no F'n clue what its like to be a DEV

You are so wrong on that count it actually got a nice, bitter laugh at me. You shouldn't make assumptions like that. People from other game studios are allowed to play games made by other studios you know.

, it is ridiculously hard work at times, like workin 7 12+hr days when deadline is coming up and **** isnt ready, thats called CRUNCH. so be patient cause DEV's do care, Publishers dont, pubs only care about botton line profit, thats it. its business simple,

Anyone vaguely familiar with game development knows what crunch time is. Yet somehow you still didn't quite get the definition right as it pertains to this industry. But putting that aside, Neverwinter is past the point where a crunch would be used and as a digital product crunch time would not be as critical. That's assuming Cryptic uses the practice at all. As its becoming more frowned upon in the industry due to the soul crushing nature of it.
  • rood4everrood4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let's see what the patch notes will bring, let's see what is actually an improvement, let's see in a few months time when the patch is actually live, let's see if I still care then.

I login to level my professions and to pray, I pray a lot, I pray because the game has potential, somewhere there is a gem of a game. If only it would lose the money grab attitude. I pay for stuff I like. I am someone that has always thought that if something is worth paying for than I will pay for it.

But I am no fool...
  • zerkreaper33zerkreaper33 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whoah, and lose out on all that zen people would practically be forced in to buying?
    Exactly. They're so greedy.. sigh.
This discussion has been closed.