test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Preclear for Dungeon Delves IS Exploiting and should be stopped!

13»

Comments

• Options
    drakonacidedrakonacide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did not know this was a thing until I seen this post.

As it turns out it's not a thing. Devs says its all good then its all good. Regardless of personal opinion the devs make the calls so I will be preclearing right along side everyone else.
  • Options
    revmalrevmal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not really a game-breaking exploit, you still have to kill all the mobs and bosses to get to chest, only thing this allows is a chance to start a 2nd dungeon for a shot at the chest, if you did this on cloak tower, you could conceivably get 3 shots at the chest, if you do it fast enough on 2nd run
  • Options
    swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    When you can get four chests (although I suppose five wouldn't be out of the question) in one dungeon delve timer because of how badly the instances are put together, pre-clearing is seriously not an issue. At least you killed probably half the trash at least to get to the point of the relog.
  • Options
    naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    alcovitch wrote: »
    Because it's totally normal in a video game to force your players to LOG OUT of the game and then back in to get a reward as an intended mechanic.

It seems to me this was NOT intended, simply a by product of poor design and they are saying it's "intended" as a easy fix.

You really do not understand what is going on do you.

The pre-clear has absolutely nothing to do with forcing "your players to LOG OUT of the game and then back in to get a reward as an intended mechanic."

What is does is allow a players to loot an extra chest each time the dungeon delve event is running. Basically if it takes 40 minutes to clear a dungeon you can get 2 chests while the event is running. By pre-clearing you can get a chest as soon as the event starts and still have time to do 2 more runs that spawn the chest.

Your complaint about having to log in and do the dungeon and hour early is invalid, the only reason to bother with a pre-clear is if you intend to run the dungeon at least 1 more time. In that case the players will be queuing up as normal during the event duration.
  • Options
    nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cry more about a Panderus answering the question and then claiming he is wrong. You a dev and work for PW?
    That's news to me to shutdown someone's answer without ACTUALLY working for PW.

What makes you think that he is CLEARLY wrong? Just like how you idiots think that this game is LIVE when it's still OPEN BETA? LOL

Stupid idiot. LOL

What is hilarious is that you seem to think Panderus is infallible.

All the evidence points to pre-clearing not being an intended activity.

1. The tooltip description (the word "after" is bolded and highlighted to make sure you know you have to start AFTER the event begins)

2. The chest does not spawn on its own if you start before the event

3. You have to relog to exploit the chest into existence

The events were put in to get people to do the activities during that time frame. It was a way to make sure people queue up so you aren't always waiting around for a queue. You are more likely to find a group when lots of people are queuing, so they added an incentive to queue. Brilliant idea, kudos for that.

Allowing people to pre-clear for rewards effectively nullifies any event that comes before a dungeon delve. Which defeats the purpose of holding an event in the first place. Who cares about doing a skirmish for a few extra AD when you can get more purple loot? There is no reward in the game that is more valuable than extra end game dungeon loot.

So, by all means, keep beating your chest and throwing out insults the best you can. It doesn't change the fact that both you and Panderus are wrong.

Pre-clearing was NOT intended. It just another thing people are doing to defeat game systems. Cryptic has been beaten down by endless game breaking exploits since they flipped the servers' on switch and something as minor as pre-clearing they could care less about.

Like I said, they will change the tooltip because it is easier (cheaper) instead of actually fixing what is an obvious exploit. And who could blame them? If I was in their position I would probably do the same thing.

People want more loot. They have fun when they open that chest. It makes them want to do it again...what's wrong with that?
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't see the problem..for those of us who are level 60..and living in certain time zones with jobs and actual real lives you are suggesting that we stay up passed 12 am once every two weeks to get loot that may or may not be junk from Dracolichs chest?...because you have attached some abstract ethical morality to optimizing everyones time?
    Fine then..make dungeon delves every three hours rather than 6 to accommodate the adults in the room.
  • Options
    azrael39azrael39 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A dev already said it's okay to preclear, and the wording on the Dungeon Delve event will be fixed to reflect that, as it's not considered an exploit. He did say that pulling bosses away from where they spawn adds is an exploit, but even though it's an exploit, it's not something they'd ever ban players for taking advantage of this specific exploit.

EDIT: Links to the dev's posts:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?316671-Dungeon-Delves-Preclearing-exploit-or-not/page2&p=4094221&viewfull=1#post4094221
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?316671-Dungeon-Delves-Preclearing-exploit-or-not&p=4088122&viewfull=1#post4088122

The Dev says nothing about preclearing, relogging and exploiting the dungeon loot. You have misinterpreted the Dev's words to back your argument. But you are clearly wrong.
  • Options
    clintztogeneclintztogene Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whats wrong with pre clearing? Sorry that i like to get 2-4 chests in an hour.
    Just preclear spc, relog get chest. Run 2 quick instances like FH or KX. Then run SPC again.

Im pretty sure it was intedned, or they woulda hot-fixed it already. Cause if this was truely an exploit, then people are making millions off DD runs by getting lucky on DD loot. Just two days ago i got 4 pairs of Swashbuckle boots on DD. If this was a exploit they woulda hot fixed it because it would have been implenting more items in the game driving the economy to crash (which items are crashing).

If it hasnt been fixed now, Then it isnt a exploit. They'll eventually just fix it to where if you're in a dungeon it will automatically pop up instead of having to relog.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This game would be totally dead if you wouldn't be able to do 3/4 of the stuff you can right now in the dungeons to do efficient runs.

This game end-game is literally the dungeons and nothing else. There is literally nothing else to do because this game has just been released and it's so easy to get to level 60 in a short time.

Design flaw? I don't know I think they tried to make a good choice but ended up making a bad one without realizing it.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pre clearing allows those of us who actually sleep and live on a schedule to run 2-3 hour dungeons like CN without having to come home from work early...or go to bed after 1 am nightly..stop trying to make problems where there are none.
  • Options
    kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    azrael39 wrote: »
    The Dev says nothing about preclearing, relogging and exploiting the dungeon loot. You have misinterpreted the Dev's words to back your argument. But you are clearly wrong.

I'd suggest you re-read his posts, as well as the thread OP and the posts by the community moderator in that thread.

It's pretty obvious that relogging to get the DD chest is exactly what he is talking about. Quote:
    panderus wrote:
    Yes, we are aware that the relogging thing is weird and the text says something slightly conflicting, those are bugs we want to fix.

Emphasis added. "Those" is clearly referring to having to relog for the chest and the tooltip not being accurate. IE, they mean to update the tooltip and make it so you don't have to relog in order to open the chest. You'll be able to preclear, wait for event to start and loot the chest as soon as it does.

As, by the way, you are already able to do with Skirmishes and Foundries.
  • Options
    erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    Oh come on guys... Panderus is clearly wrong. This function was never intended. It's just easier (cheaper) to change a tooltip than it is to code out this obvious exploit.

If the tooltip was wrong you wouldnt have to relog then run all the way back from the beginning of the dungeon. The chest would just be there.

It can not be more obvious that this was never intended.

Sorry Panderus, I think you're cool but you're wrong about this.

The question you have to ask is, "Why does the game have these events?" It would seem to me that the primary reason for skirmish, dungeon, and PvP events is to get a large portion of the players to participate in the same activity at the same time so that it is easy to form groups rapidly. Keeping that in mind, there is nothing about preclearing that causes a problem. If it causes a good portion of the player base to perform the same activity at the same time then it is doing its job.
  • Options
    treize26treize26 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    The question you have to ask is, "Why does the game have these events?" It would seem to me that the primary reason for skirmish, dungeon, and PvP events is to get a large portion of the players to participate in the same activity at the same time so that it is easy to form groups rapidly. Keeping that in mind, there is nothing about preclearing that causes a problem. If it causes a good portion of the player base to perform the same activity at the same time then it is doing its job.

Exactly the point. The problem is the people who are screaming "exploit" haven't put much more thought into this than "This is an exploit, and it's going to ruin the game because reasons".
  • Options
    jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Id rather play with exploiters than ninjas.