test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auction House Filtering Workaround

2»

Comments

• thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    i thought that was just common sense... awkward lol
    Trolol? Common sense? more like doesn't make sense that it works this way, need better programming plz
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny how I outlined this exact method quite a while ago and got flamed for it being told "you're an idiot, this doesn't work" lol. All you need to do is figure out the basic name of the item you need, boots/greaves/slippers, whatever. All it really takes is half a brain and the ability to find that one "special" word between the prefix and suffix
  • mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cpc2011a wrote: »
    Funny how I outlined this exact method quite a while ago and got flamed for it being told "you're an idiot, this doesn't work" lol. All you need to do is figure out the basic name of the item you need, boots/greaves/slippers, whatever. All it really takes is half a brain and the ability to find that one "special" word between the prefix and suffix

Exactly. Though not all of the items fill that criteria, it's really helpful.

I bump the thread again.
    juddar1 wrote: »
    Where did you download a mobile app for this game ?
    I haven't. I just went to http://gateway.playneverwinter.com using my mobile phone, in my mobile browser.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • gibblefenwickgibblefenwick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    I found out a way to 'sort' the listings in the auction house using the level filter and other filters that seem not to work.

This is the sort of post that deserves AD tips.
    muceas wrote: »
    In one of my first programming classes, I think I was 14 at the time, I learned in the first few months the value sorting and string sorting routines. How come these guys that make a game that cashes in millions of dollars can't do what an average 14 year old can?

If you got it right, and I mean 100% right - you're far from average.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! But alas, no AD tips for me.

I hope it's useful to someone else.
    edited June 2013
    Bump this. It's still working.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Or you could use the Gateway which works 100% of the time, 100% the way an AH is supposed to work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    By the way, the attribute filter won't work either; i.e. looking for an item with +Power won't work. But it's better than nothing!

Ugh, I was about to give a small cheer, until we came to this. In any case, thanks for posting what you found, even if it's only a small workaround for some of the AH fail :)
    edited June 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Or you could use the Gateway which works 100% of the time, 100% the way an AH is supposed to work.

Indeed. Though, using the Gateway, you can't compare the items to yours. And some other things.

I preferred to, instead of telling people to quit the game and use a browser, offer a workaround I've found (among many others) to improve it.
  • azrael39azrael39 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you, I have yet to test this out, but I look forward to being able to cut my search time down signifigantly in the future if it does work.