test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.45

Comments

• nespavostnespavost Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I haven't exploited anything, but I still don't understand why people are getting banned from Beta, the economy can be reset upon launch, just because people take advantage of your mistakes doesn't mean you should ban them, I mean come on, half of us can't afford 40 dollars for a mount. Forty dollars is ridiculous. Fix the queue, that's your biggest issue, if it's not fixed within the month I'm just going to get rid of my account. Pawn it off on some foriegn 12 year old for $5000. Lol
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jinx614 wrote: »
    What was the exploit with the fusion?

was asking exactly that. were wards not consumed correctly or was it incorrect that you lost only one of the enchants upon failure? I thought that was a bit weird :/. or was the success chance higher then intended? it felt like I was extremely lucky most of the time, though I only tried a LOT of tier1, some tier2 and maybe one or two tier 3 fusions - felt more like 98% succes chance instead of 95 or 90...
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nespavost wrote: »
    I haven't exploited anything, but I still don't understand why people are getting banned from Beta, the economy can be reset upon launch, just because people take advantage of your mistakes doesn't mean you should ban them, I mean come on, half of us can't afford 40 dollars for a mount. Forty dollars is ridiculous. Fix the queue, that's your biggest issue, if it's not fixed within the month I'm just going to get rid of my account. Pawn it off on some foriegn 12 year old for $5000. Lol

Nothing is getting reset when the game is launched. Open beta is a soft launch, and not a true beta.
  • chinktasticchinktastic Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clearly not since there is a exploit running rampant. quit being so **** annoying
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ..patching...in the middle of the day? Really? This one just couldn't wait until middle of the night eh?

So because it's day in your country it's not allowed to do maintence? (Probally an American) There more people around the world who are playing this, there is always one part of the world who have this during the day.

Or is fixing an exploit less important than you want to play during the day?
    signature-lili.png
  • jahnkasadjahnkasad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's dissapointing, I was hoping this was patch notes for the features you guys are "Finalizing"
  • zgshademasterzgshademaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    <Message failed to post>
  • exiler1sexiler1s Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Come on guys. You said the server would be down for an hour and a half. Surely there is more to the patch than that? :cool:

it says about 1.5 hours and it usually finishes before then
  • shadowwintryshadowwintry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ..patching...in the middle of the day? Really? This one just couldn't wait until middle of the night eh?

For me it is in the middle of the night :o and i go to sleep so tomorrow i can play further :p

Goodnight all
  • sihibbssihibbs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wow smallest patch in mmo history (i.e. since wow was made, the first mmo ofc)
  • drgnmstr4479drgnmstr4479 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013

the games is open beta. they reserve the right to patch when they feel need.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    The Hrimnir Item set can now be completed.

WOOT !!!!!!!!!

most useless set in the game has been fixed woot
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    The Hrimnir Item set can now be completed.

WOOT !!!!!!!!!

Yeah, right after I buy pyrotechnic bands and put greater tenebrous enchants in them. After one month of sitting on a bound Hrimnir ring/necklace. Yay. Np, losing another $10 worth of AD for removing enchants if I want to use the Hrimnir set now...

Atleast it got fixed, I guess >_>
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • konttuzor007konttuzor007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When comes some serious patches? And how come it takes so long to apply these "minor" updates to the game that it needs to be offline from 1h 30min -2hours??
  • giantdudegiantdude Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • segev0129segev0129 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    This build is set to go live at 3:30PM PDT on Tuesday, June 4, 2013.

Auction House
    • The Bid and Buyout buttons are now greyed out when an auction has expired.

Items
    • The Hrimnir Item set can now be completed.

Fusion
    • Items will now be correctly consumed during fusion.

Is that it?!!!
  • caiustriicaiustrii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wards not consumed from what I heard, but if you've ever tried combining shards that's a huge deal, since t1 weap and armor enchants have a 1% chance of fusion. so for a lesser you need 1 coalescent, for a normal you need 5, and a greater needs 21. that's 2 million AD. Lol and the reason I constantly have no AD
    Usurp the throne
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When comes some serious patches? And how come it takes so long to apply these "minor" updates to the game that it needs to be offline from 1h 30min -2hours??

I'm sure a lot of the time is spent doing checks to make sure nothing went wrong. There is also adding some extra time to the estimate in case something goes wrong. At this point, you can already download the patch, but the servers aren't accessible.
  • blowchunksblowchunks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 81
    edited June 2013
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

Hrimnir isn't 5 pieces?
    Well i'll be the son of hairy female Dwarf....

:p
  • drgnmstr4479drgnmstr4479 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First off it's open beta. second, anyone spending real money on an open beta game for zen is wasting money. Third. servre wipes and rollback should be a frequent thing since it's open beta. Last, people complaining the people have tons of this or tons of that already should stop since when the game goes live all that **** will be gone and everyone will start from level 1 with nothing save for things the get for helping kickstart the game.
  • caiustriicaiustrii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I'm sure a lot of the time is spent doing checks to make sure nothing went wrong. There is also adding some extra time to the estimate in case something goes wrong. At this point, you can already download the patch, but the servers aren't accessible.
    lol he's right, 10mb patch too. now the 1.5 hours has me worried
    Usurp the throne
  • janr92janr92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For me it is in the middle of the night :o and i go to sleep so tomorrow i can play further :p

Goodnight all

For me to. Thanks PW <3
    | Yolt - TR MI Executioner |
    < Guild: Gravity X Game >
    edited June 2013
    caiustrii wrote: »
    lol he's right, 10mb patch too. now the 1.5 hours has me worried

Most downtimes are like that You can normally get patch the files fairly early during the downtime, though on rare occasions if you download the patch early, you will have to download it again.
  • gutotitogutotito Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, since the servers are already down, does anyone mind telling me what the fusion bug entailed? I seem to remember fusing some stones last night that were consumed just fine. Maybe I wasn't paying attention?
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Get rid of the 99 stacks of enchants in the AH and perma ban the account of those involved in the exploit.
  • manahomanaho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait wasn't there supposed to be fun stuff with this patch?
  • redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Another absolutely useless patch. Way to promote exploitation.
  • bunzagabunzaga Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to hear what PvP changes or additions they are working on.

On my GWF, by the time I got to 60, I already had a full set of PvP gear, the 14k PvP pet (which is a worthless piece of ****, that doesn't do a fkn thing) and have around 16k glory left over...

Now I'm working on my Cleric...
  • combatclown81combatclown81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First off it's open beta. second, anyone spending real money on an open beta game for zen is wasting money. Third. servre wipes and rollback should be a frequent thing since it's open beta. Last, people complaining the people have tons of this or tons of that already should stop since when the game goes live all that **** will be gone and everyone will start from level 1 with nothing save for things the get for helping kickstart the game.
    They have already stated multiple times that they are not going to wipe.
This discussion has been closed.