test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unscheduled Maintenance 6-4-13, 3:30PM PDT

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everybody!

We'll be performing an unscheduled maintenance in about 20 minutes to address an exploit. Estimated downtime is ~1.5 hours.

Patch notes are available here.

Sorry for the short notice, and thanks for your patience! :)

Update 1 (3:30PM): Maintenance has begun! We'll keep you updated on our progress.
Update 2 (4:10PM): Maintenance is still in-progress. Thanks for your patience!
Update 3 (4:30PM): Maintenance is complete. Welcome back to Neverwinter! :)
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We'll forgive you... if you give us some hint on when the juicy patch is actually coming?! :)

PS: "Soon" does NOT count! :P
  • buttdart69buttdart69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    another exploit >:(
  • ajr2355ajr2355 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16
    edited June 2013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSILZPQrNq2f2h8tsHXI3pwlHPd2Vmi7wpF522nlHvFrnpB9gw
  • joe0705joe0705 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Numerous exploits where no one benefits except those who abused it and STILL no reset. I wouldn't be shocked if the population drops significantly.. This has to be the final straw.
  • mikemce101mikemce101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    does this include the scheduled maintenance or are you doing two sets of maintenance?
  • dice1998dice1998 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mikemce101 wrote: »
    does this include the scheduled maintenance or are you doing two sets of maintenance?

I'd probably say there'll be two separate maintenance windows.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree give us some heads up on some class balancing patches coming this week....

hint hint hint
  • caiustriicaiustrii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    omg thank you so much. Maybe I can go back to actually being able to afford shards now
    Usurp the throne
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    please tell me your fixing spider jump through the world exploit or better yet the stacking of astral shield
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I hope all the enchantment fusing exploiters get perma-banned. It's going to be tough finding out who did this though.
  • mikemce101mikemce101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dice1998 wrote: »

I'd probably say there'll be two separate maintenance windows.

yes but usually they merge the downtimes to keep the maintenance downtime to a minimum
  • jilkorathjilkorath Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another exploit...

tumblr_mm7066Czll1rd1qi0o1_500.gif
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    joe0705 wrote: »
    Numerous exploits where no one benefits except those who abused it and STILL no reset. I wouldn't be shocked if the population drops significantly.. This has to be the final straw.

The final straw! I've never met such unhappy people playing a game they didn't even have to pay for. If by "reset" you mean wipe then yeah that won't happen. If the only thing keeping people around is the possibility of a wipe they best get used to disappointment and move on.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    cheefaa wrote: »
    cryptic your a joke honestly, is this the exploit that was posted and left on forums hours? Is this fix for the all the abuse people have on chat system or partys? or just bring server down with no information again and see ya when we see ya. You clearly have no idea what your doing little fish company.

Yeah kind of have to agree with this post regarding the exploit. Granted Cryptic didn't specifically state which exploit they were addressing, but clearly they should have just followed through with regular scheduled maintenance this morning. Well, time to hit up World of Warcraft and the 8 million players that's still left in that game.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • mickwanmickwan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    patch note would be nice :rolleyes:
  • cystalsentinelcystalsentinel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bah :( I finally get some free time to play and emergency maintenance steals my fun. Tomorrow then.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    The final straw! I've never met such unhappy people playing a game they didn't even have to pay for. If by "reset" you mean wipe then yeah that won't happen. If the only thing keeping people around is the possibility of a wipe they best get used to disappointment and move on.

Yeah, there isn't going to be a wipe, not after the cash store has been open as long as it has and people have been funneling money into it.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    y, please fix unlimited corecoins exploit
    pukmp.jpg
  • sorrowswindssorrowswinds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    bah in the middle of a epic boss fight with the lizard one no less!!!!

What are the cheaters doing now?
    eIZAVOi.jpg
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    please tell me your fixing spider jump through the world exploit or better yet the stacking of astral shield

No it's the Endless Moneymaking Enchant/Ward switching exploit.

Color me one of your most loyal customers who insist that a complete server wipe is the only remedy once Open Beta ends or else the economy will forever be shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    I dont think thats an exploit. Stacking buffs on allies and similarly debuffs on enermies is a key to winning, I'm sure you wouldn't allow them to disable double debuffs of the control wizard's ray of enfeeblement?
  • manestream1manestream1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    Well, my understanding is that there will be NO server wipe at all, However the existing 3 shards will eventually be merged into 1. That was mentioned during the 1st AH exploit downtime.
    Now there is nothing to say that after they have merged these 3 servers/shards into 1, that they wont open up a fresh, unblemished server now have they. That way it keeps everyone happy, those who exploited and stay on current server(s) and those that get to move to a new untouched server after this so called beta ends. Just hope they get the bugs, the exploits and the game mechanics working better first.
  • jilkorathjilkorath Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cheefaa wrote: »
    why should any of them get banned? when your this **** at coding you deserve to be exploited daily.

You sound like one of those people saying, "Well, what was she wearing? Maybe she was asking for it..."
  • lazenbylazenby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope all the enchantment fusing exploiters get perma-banned. It's going to be tough finding out who did this though.

They have been running a log of people using the exploit...bans incoming.
  • lazenbylazenby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »

Color me one of your most loyal customers who insist that a complete server wipe is the only remedy once Open Beta ends or else the economy will forever be shot.

I havent seen the evidence to suggest this horrendous economy failure you and other doomsday server wipers refer to...
  • deezyredeezyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To all the whiners out there who feel the need to bash a company that GAVE you a game for FREE.....THERE"S NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT PROGRAM PERIOD! If you think you can do so much better, THEN SHUT THE HELL UP AND DO IT! Either that or just stop playing if you are so upset about a company being RESPONSIBLE for their product and patching it as THE NEED ARISES. You know, there's always other games that you actually have to pay for....monthly....with MILLIONS of other players. So quit harassing this company for doing exactly what they set out to do.....GIVE US ENTERTAINMENT FOR FREE.
    And to the hard working folks at both Cryptic AND PW, THANK YOU.....Perhaps I will have the pleasure of working for you someday in the next 2 years :) Keep up the good work, and please just ignore these whining little crybabies who OBVIOUSLY live in a world where nothing they ever do goes wrong.
  • darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »

Wipes can only happen if real money is not involved. Besides, the economy will be screwed up one way or the other, and it's nothing short of inevitable with games involving player run economies.
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • raiderbaseraiderbase Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i expect its to sort out the cross server glitch with the enhancement leveling esp as its been posted about all over the forum, fb and twitter :cool:
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they wiped the servers, a ton of players would leave. If they don't wipe the servers, a ton of players will b & m about not wiping. Some might leave, most won't. Many will come back. It's too late for them to wipe servers, after players have put so much time into their characters. That, and they already said, repeatedly, they wouldn't wipe. Time to move on I'd say.

On a lighter note, I think it would be funny if they posted a thread about downtime, link to the "thread and patch notes", but linked a picture of Rick Astley instead. Just to mess around.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • quinidquinid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bad timing, now I actually have to talk and listen to the girlfriend when she gets home in 5 minutes...
This discussion has been closed.