test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preclear for Dungeon Delves IS Exploiting and should be stopped!

Comments

• lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Honestly, they should just make each dungeon only clearable once per character per day and get rid of the event shenanigans.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
  • eup4eup4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    OK guys. Yes, we are aware that the relogging thing is weird and the text says something slightly conflicting, those are bugs we want to fix. We want to fix them, but there are higher priority things to address at the moment, though I will make sure that they are still on track to get fixed some time and hopefully before the Module 1 release if possible.

just wait, they will fix it eventually :D
  • thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It sounds to me like a lot of these posts on here saying its all good are probably from guys who were doing the exploit before its was deemed ok .............

It was never an exploit, despite some people (not the game designers) thinking otherwise.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ??PreClear??
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    thorizden wrote: »
    It was never an exploit, despite some people (not the game designers) thinking otherwise.

Sure it was.
  • bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sure it was.

because it's worded different in the event window? by that definition there's plenty of stuff in the game that would be an "exploit".

anyway, it's just another proof for non-existence competence, foresight and experience on cryptic's part.
  • alcovitchalcovitch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Cuse everyone assumes games make you log out and log back in to fool the system into giving you the DD event chest. Yep, totally not an exploit.

It was an abuse of a non intended game mechanic.

Tell me honestly now, which competent game developer would intentionally build a system that would force it's users to LOG OUT of the game and back in to access the reward?
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ahhaha, posting cuz OP looks like a giant <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • boofaheadboofahead Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alcovitch wrote: »
    Cuse everyone assumes games make you log out and log back in to fool the system into giving you the DD event chest. Yep, totally not an exploit.

It was an abuse of a non intended game mechanic.

Tell me honestly now, which competent game developer would intentionally build a system that would force it's users to LOG OUT of the game and back in to access the reward?

Are you dense? Can you read?

They specifically said it's not an exploit and they wish you didn't have to log out but it's a bug.

It's supposed to just pop up with the event if you are in the dungeon but it doesn't. So relogging fixes that and they don't mind that you do.

The tooltip is wrong. Get over it.
  • bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if they'd have experience they'd have actually foreseen a lot of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we see in the game now, heck it should've never made it on the closed beta servers in the first place.

as for the description, if it would simply state if you ENTER (and not start) a dungeon during the event it counts - how and why you enter is completely irrelevant. that it's state is saved per player and not instance... well, given all the other bs revolving instances, that's the least of the problems.
    edited June 2013
    Two 'bugs' that, together, strongly point to this never having been intended. But sure, let's just pretend they're truly bugs. Because obviously the person typing out the description text accidentally typed out something completely wrong.

ehrm, don't get me wrong, but the person writing the description might not the person who implemented it. there are plenty of cases where a description and the mechanic were different. happens all the time during development.

EDIT: of course proper QA should catch stuff like that, but QA and cryptic are like oil and water...
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I assume that the logout issue is an unintentional byproduct of how the Dungeon Delve works. If the Dungeon Delve starts at 7:00 PM and the Dungeon usually takes 20 minutes to complete, then I can start at 6:45 PM and finish the Dungeon at 7:05 PM and get the chest, then do another Dungeon during the Dungeon Delve or do the same one on a different character. This is supposed to be how Dungeon Delves work. So if you are in a good team and complete it in 10 minutes instead of 20, then you can wait until the event starts. However waiting 30 minutes is not intentional.
    edited June 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    I assume that the logout issue is an unintentional byproduct of how the Dungeon Delve works.

the idea probably was that during the event a higher amount of people queues for dungeons, hence you get a bonus when you do (like skirmishes etc).

the game doesn't check if the event was running when it creates a new instances and saves it for the instance, but simply checks whenever a players enters an instance if the event is running and then awards the bonus for the player.

maybe the game actually does both and playerstate has just higher priority than instance state. if you had the DD bonus and relog after the event, do you still have the bonus?
    edited June 2013
    Of course, but I fail to see how this is relevant.

wat?

"IT MUST BE AN EXPLOIT CAUSE THE DESCRIPTION SAYS SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!"
    maybe the description is wrong?
    "not relevant!"

what probably happened:
    - mechanic gets designed on paper
    - description gets written
    - mechanic is only partly implemented cause no time/too complicated/lolwhybother

unless you have a statement from a dev what's wrong (which we have in this case), you can only guess what was intended.

I would be more worried that they want to "fix" it - after they stated it's not a bug.
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want to know why you haven't taken the time to put an end to preclears for Dungeon Delves. If this is an expectable mode of gameplay then PWE should come out and state it as much so that those of us who would like to retain our accounts and not take a chance of being banned know what our options are. If it is not expectable gameplay then you should take action and fix the bugg that lets players log out and then back in to initiate the Dungeon Delves chest.

Either way your player base should be informed if this is expectable or not and also be informed of the consequences of doing so.

Personally I see it as an exploit being used for personal gain in an unintentional/unintended manner.
    like-a-boss-meme-generator-preclearing-like-a-boss-e972c5.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or more likely we're seeing the effects of a project still under development and what's supposed to happen is that if you're in a dungeon when DD starts it automatically switches modes without having to relog. This means that relogging is simply a work around for a problem that may/should no longer be needed at some point.

It seems that's what the dev said. So many of these people won't understand it.

Some gear is marked wrong with bop, boe, etc. A lot of tooltips are wrong. This one, according to the devs, is wrong as well. Couple that with him saying that the relog thing is weird, and the two bugs will be fixed, says being in the dungeon when delves starts would activate the chest. No relogging needed. It's what they intended, according to the dev.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Because I can read and comprehend what I read. and the DD doesn't say specifically say that it is ok to run the dungeon and wait for the DD to pop and then relog to get the chest available .

And again I prefer not to play the game with exploiters/ cheaters.
    Pretty simple really.

You should just quit the game, if you are so messed up about something as simple as a Pre-Clear.
  • nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh come on guys... Panderus is clearly wrong. This function was never intended. It's just easier (cheaper) to change a tooltip than it is to code out this obvious exploit.

If the tooltip was wrong you wouldnt have to relog then run all the way back from the beginning of the dungeon. The chest would just be there.

It can not be more obvious that this was never intended.

Sorry Panderus, I think you're cool but you're wrong about this.
  • drakonacidedrakonacide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You should just quit the game, if you are so messed up about something as simple as a Pre-Clear.

I should quit because I prefer to play with honest players? Really? You are definitely one of the first players to exploit if possible, probably actively looking for exploits and I refuse to game with people like you.

I wont be quitting the game anytime soon but as for people who are actively looking to exploit, your time will come. Say hello to the Ban Hammer for me.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cant beleive people are arguing about this. lol.
    People will argue about the silliest things.
  • thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cant beleive people are arguing about this. lol.
    People will argue about the silliest things.

truth ^^^
    /10 chars
    edited June 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    If the tooltip was wrong you wouldnt have to relog then run all the way back from the beginning of the dungeon. The chest would just be there.

the spawning at the start is just easier and cheaper, as you said. why bother saving an extra state where in an instance a player is when a "is part of instance 38291" is suffice. I wouldn't consider this as "proof" for anything.

next up in the zen shop: speedbuffs for instances.
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh come on guys... Panderus is clearly wrong. This function was never intended. It's just easier (cheaper) to change a tooltip than it is to code out this obvious exploit.

It can not be more obvious that this was never intended.

Sorry Panderus, I think you're cool but you're wrong about this.

Sounds like you have no idea how the game was designed. You also have no idea how the dungeon system works.
    If you knew you wouldn't be saying any of that but again you don't know.
    Why not go cry about why you are Bronze V in League of Legends while you're at it?
  • nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like you have no idea how the game was designed. You also have no idea how the dungeon system works.
    If you knew you wouldn't be saying any of that but again you don't know.
    Why not go cry about why you are Bronze V in League of Legends while you're at it?

lol whatever dude. Who's crying? I preclear all the time. Yes, I think it's an exploit. Yes, I do it.

Who said anything about League of Legends?

Why don't you explain what I'm wrong about instead of spewing fanboi nonsense?
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

It limits the amount of exploitation REGARDLESS of what the setup is. Your bros all finish the dungeon and then you sign on and get the chest, great-but it's 1/day, so you can't do that repeatedly, so why not just use that character to get a chest piece legitimately?
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol whatever dude. Who's crying? I preclear all the time. Yes, I think it's an exploit. Yes, I do it.

Who said anything about League of Legends?

Why don't you explain what I'm wrong about instead of spewing fanboi nonsense?

Cry more about a Panderus answering the question and then claiming he is wrong. You a dev and work for PW?
    That's news to me to shutdown someone's answer without ACTUALLY working for PW.

What makes you think that he is CLEARLY wrong? Just like how you idiots think that this game is LIVE when it's still OPEN BETA? LOL

Stupid idiot. LOL
  • matsuroxmatsurox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Flame on kids

alcovitch - whered you go? You were on a roll man and I completely agree with you.

It's just something the dev's didnt consider an issue until it became an issue. It'll get fixed in one way or another. They're just lettin it slide for the moment and hand out freebies. They said its ok ... quit your pissin and get your free stuff eh? Either way you have to kill the boss. But from a Q/A PoV - Forcing gamers to relog in order to claim a rightfully won prize is just bad business.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    matsurox wrote: »
    Flame on kids

alcovitch - whered you go? You were on a roll man and I completely agree with you.

It's just something the dev's didnt consider an issue until it became an issue. It'll get fixed in one way or another. They're just lettin it slide for the moment and hand out freebies. They said its ok ... quit your pissin and get your free stuff eh? Either way you have to kill the boss. But from a Q/A PoV - Forcing gamers to relog in order to claim a rightfully won prize is just bad business.

Noone is forcing you to relog actually , you can legitimately clear the dungeon but why would you ?

Relogging after a pre clear might - intended , confirmed by the game designers .

The way I see it , it is an intended exploit which won't be fixed any time soon . I wonder why they ban and time out people for exploiting other aspects of the game , since it seems that the core gameplay revolves around exploits anyways .
  • chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It limits the amount of exploitation REGARDLESS of what the setup is. Your bros all finish the dungeon and then you sign on and get the chest, great-but it's 1/day, so you can't do that repeatedly, so why not just use that character to get a chest piece legitimately?

Where are you getting the 1/day from?

You can run as many dungeons as you can during the delves and get chests from each one, thats the whole point of why people pre-clear, to get more chest runs in. Not sure why you think its 1/day. OR do you mean you want it changed to 1/day?
  • gingervitosgingervitos Member Posts: 275 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I want to know why you haven't taken the time to put an end to preclears for Dungeon Delves. If this is an expectable mode of gameplay then PWE should come out and state it as much so that those of us who would like to retain our accounts and not take a chance of being banned know what our options are. If it is not expectable gameplay then you should take action and fix the bugg that lets players log out and then back in to initiate the Dungeon Delves chest.

Either way your player base should be informed if this is expectable or not and also be informed of the consequences of doing so.

Personally I see it as an exploit being used for personal gain in an unintentional/unintended manner.

I did not know this was a thing until I seen this post.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.