test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Doom and Gloom Thread Posters-

dreadlegacydreadlegacy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I vote that for every idiot posting doom and gloom materials on this forum in regards to Neverwinter should have a custom costume forced on their character consisting of a diaper and a bib.

Enjoy the game and the content that was built for your enjoyment. If this is not fun for you then head over to mmorpg .com and try out the countless other games that are on there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dreadlegacydreadlegacy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Are we not allowed to be dissatisfied with a half-broken game that happens to have a LOT of potential?

How did this exploit affect YOUR gameplay is what I would like to know? If you are dissatisfied, go play another game. No one is forcing you to stay here.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How did this exploit affect YOUR gameplay is what I would like to know? If you are dissatisfied, go play another game. No one is forcing you to stay here.

double edit: Oh, his Sig ....

OP still wetawded
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    At the risk of starting a self-referential chain, the only thing worse than idiots posting doom and gloom materials are idiots complaining about every idiot posting doom and gloom materials.......
  • dreadlegacydreadlegacy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    ??? what exploit?

I smell an exploiter ;)

Funny- I haven't socketted a gem since lvl 40 as it costs too much to unsocket them.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Are we not allowed to be dissatisfied with a half-broken game that happens to have a LOT of potential?

I think there is a very distinct difference between doom and gloom thread posters and those who are simply posting about their dissatisfaction.
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Posting a doom and gloom post about people making doom and gloom posts is stupid. Even this post I am making right now calling this stupid... is stupid.

Also if you do not like the doom and gloom posters.. perhaps you should play another game? No one is forcing you to read the forums.. are they? ... yea.
    edited June 2013
    double edit: Oh, his Sig ....

OP still wetawded

Look at 2nd person's FULL post and you can see what he/she was talking about.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Posting a doom and gloom post about people making doom and gloom posts is stupid. Even this post I am making right now calling this stupid... is stupid.

people calling other people stupid for making threads about how stupid other people are for making threads about something stupid are stupid.
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Funny- I haven't socketted a gem since lvl 40 as it costs too much to unsocket them.

Why would you unsocket a gem? Just replace it with something new.
    edited June 2013
    Look at 2nd person's FULL post and you can see what he/she was talking about.

its not a post, its a signature, but I'll chalk that up to forum newbieism.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My name is Patrick Star (not really) and I approve this message :-)~
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

22311206.jpg
  • urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    my biggest problem with the "doom and gloom" whiners and the whiners about them, is that they only whine, and never post any legitimate well-thought solutions considering the causes and effects.
    its always they should to this or that but rarely consider why the "thing" happened or what thier solution would do in the long run.
    the ones that actually do consider all of these things, for the most part dont consider the time and resources that would be EXACTLY required to achieve the solution with thier current time and resource availiability

without knowing employee #'s, finances, time allowances, or specific programming structure, you cannot be able to 100% accurately provide the "best" solution for any given problem. you can get close, but no one really wants to put forth the time and effort required to do it in the general community
    edited June 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    22311206.jpg

There were no doom and gloom threads in D3 forums, I was there! It was all super positive and everyone loved each other.
    edited June 2013
    That's because D3 is such an amazing and well thought-out game.

I especially liked the part in Inferno difficulty, how the transition from Act I mobs to Act II was so seamless! Next to no difficulty ramp-up at all!

Too bad 1.03 killed that game for me
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The only thing worse than the "doom and gloom" posters are the rabid fanboys that attack them and lump anyone with complaints or concerns in with them.
    edited June 2013
    That's because D3 is such an amazing and well thought-out game.

then go play D3 and hug the devs for doing such a great job. Or take this amazing diaper and put it over your head preaching doom and gloom in Protectors Enclave
    edited June 2013
    if any of you want things to be done immediately and with your abnormally high standards for your preferred timeframes, then send the qualified ppl you know to thier headquarters to volunteer thier time and effort to get it done. if you dont agree with that, then i wont miss you
    edited June 2013
    then go play D3 and hug the devs for doing such a great job. Or take this amazing diaper and put it over your head preaching doom and gloom in Protectors Enclave

you're an __________
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    if any of you want things to be done immediately and with your abnormally high standards for your preferred timeframes, then send the qualified ppl you know to thier headquarters to volunteer thier time and effort to get it done. if you dont agree with that, then i wont miss you

Ore buy a founders pack!?
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
    edited June 2013
    you're an __________

Thanks! And urlag said it best "if any of you want things to be done immediately and with your abnormally high standards for your preferred timeframes, then send the qualified ppl you know to thier headquarters to volunteer thier time and effort to get it done. if you dont agree with that, then i wont miss you"
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    urlag wrote: »

Yeah just toss more people at it! That will fix everything!
  • swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    s3pt wrote: »
    The only thing worse than the "doom and gloom" posters are the rabid fanboys that attack them and lump anyone with complaints or concerns in with them.

Thank you. This thread is proof that blind loyalty is just as bad as blind hatred, and I'm glad someone else gets that as well.
    edited June 2013
    D3 <3
    wLu8T.jpg
    edited June 2013
    @theviking2006
    so with that post that u worded sarcasticly, u think its better to have less workers doing a job that consumers have labeled a high priority for quality and time, thus lengthening the required time for the result, and resulting in a less satisfied customer base?

wow.....
    just, wow................

your either a really obvious troll, or completely oblivious
    edited June 2013
    urlag wrote: »
    @theviking2006
    so with that post that u worded sarcasticly, u think its better to have less workers doing a job that consumers have labeled a high priority for quality and time, thus lengthening the required time for the result, and resulting in a less satisfied customer base?

wow.....
    just, wow................

your either a really obvious troll, or completely oblivious

Did I say that? No I did not. What I did say is that you can have 100 programmers, but that doesnt mean the game will be fixed/of better quality any time faster. Ever heard the saying too many cooks in the kitchen?
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Games need people who can express why a game isn't working and what should be addressed. What games don't need are asshats making snarky derogatory comments twelve to sixteen hours a day. Honestly when a forum poster is reported a look at the posting history should be done, if you can go back a full month of nonconstructive comments they should just be banned, they really aren't offering anything constructive to the discussion and basically just want to disrupt the forums.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited June 2013
    Games need people who can express why a game isn't working and what should be addressed. What games don't need are asshats making snarky derogatory comments twelve to sixteen hours a day. Honestly when a forum poster is reported a look at the posting history should be done, if you can go back a full month of nonconstructive comments they should just be banned, they really aren't offering anything constructive to the discussion and basically just want to disrupt the forums.

True, but you have to remember, folks tend to see games that can be considered disappointing for any of the various reasons that are repeatedly given out of the continually updating and increasing list of reasons in Neverwinter as lulcows, and see the milking of them for said lulz as ironic justice. We'll have to see what happens to the game after the next potentially half decent f2p release or conversion happens. That will hopefully decrease the amount of hangers on who are here because there's nothing better on offer (subjectively)
    edited June 2013
    the thing with kitchens, are that there is limited overall space and limited chances to work on the same dish

programming is different
    overall space is almost limitless, and alot more people can work on the same problem, due to the vast complexity.

with food there are only so many ingrediants,
    with programming, there are a lot of seperate elements than come together into one "simple" idea (idea only being simple to the user)
    edited June 2013

agreed- not a blind loyalist here, just someone enjoying the game for what it is, not what it isnt.
This discussion has been closed.