test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Couple of Rogue vs. Boss/Miniboss Videos

ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hopefully this will give you an idea of not only what to expect but some effective tactics (or in some cases, ineffective tactics).

First two are against Hrimnir during Daily Dungeon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpA4mHspFqM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBr-atWb5XQ
Post edited by ifthir on

Comments

• ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • adevlin1991adevlin1991 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    You should probably mention that its sub 60 gameplay. The tactics you are using don't work in epics. Mainly aoe circles that you get hit with on Hrimir that took off about 20% of your HP are a one shot on epic. Unless you play with double cleric(which is getting nerfed soon) you pretty much can't afford to eat any boss aoe in epics. Rogue boss gameplay becomes maximizing Wicked reminder uptime and bleed stacks while avoiding everything. Tricks like jumping while casting so you don't get rooted and using your dodge's immunity frames to avoid boss damage while not running miles out of melee range with a standard back wards dodge are what separates good rogues from the masses. That is only regarding the few single target bosses ofc. Trash is all about optimal aoe damage through dazing strike and wicked reminder hitting max targets, grouped up via singularity or the GWF pull.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Good points and topic updated accordingly.
  • gimpinatorgimpinator Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    I watched the first video and I have to admit, I'm digging the tactical implementation used.

Step 1: Immediately run into large AOE.
    Step 2: Sit in large AOE. Cross fingers.
    Step 3: Profit?

I'm guessing you're exploiting the AI in an effort to get less agro by tricking it into thinking you're not a threat. This is a cunning tactic which I'll share with my fellow guildies.
    edited May 2013
    That would be the ineffective tactics mentioned in the OP ;)
  • lemonromeoolemonromeoo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Every hit from the boss was in your face. Very well played, love the tactics you used... there was one accidental dodge only but you will get it rght
  • phantomtempestphantomtempest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People, please...He is using a bot obviously.
  • themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This is actually painful to watch.

I appreciate the video, but you have very.... not-roguish tactics...

I was watching in HD/Fullscreen, and I instinctually double smashed my "A" key and flung my mouse cursor off the screen trying to reposition you... -_-

Also, when soloing mini bosses, either grab a non combat pet, or dismiss your pet before activating the fight. If the boss has nothing to aggro it will stand there confused and NOT cast PB.AoE's. At the very least, stand BEHIND the boss when he's wailing on your pet.

And you should roll in with stealth burning, and don't activate Lurker's till you're in contact with the boss.
    edited June 2013
    cannot believe this thread got necro'd

I had some newer videos but yeah I was still learning the class then lol