test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hot Bar Quick Change

lordzellgadislordzellgadis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
If the devs are listening and anyone else who thinks so. Would it be possible to get a quick change option from different load outs on our characters? I would like to easily be able to change from a more tanky hot bar to a more single target dps at the flick of a switch. Is this at all possible? What does everyone else think?
Post edited by lordzellgadis on

Comments

• Options
    llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love this idea - although I think it should be out-of-combat only or it could make count downs iffy & be abused.
    I think maybe 3 sets would work for most people, opening up the powers screen & fiddling mid-dungeon is a pain.
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Deleted. Irrelevant.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    We definitely want to improve the powers window, powers slotting and maybe eventually build loadouts. I submitted a couple improvements for Module 1 that should be easy and improve things some.

I would love to just click a button and switch between my PvP and PvE power selections though.
  • Options
    derangedheroderangedhero Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    We definitely want to improve the powers window, powers slotting and maybe eventually build loadouts. I submitted a couple improvements for Module 1 that should be easy and improve things some.

I would love to just click a button and switch between my PvP and PvE power selections though.

Awesome! =)
    Always great to hear that something in our wishlist is also in yours. ;)
    ---
    [SIGPIC]Or am I?[/SIGPIC]
    This loony is also known as @Derangement.
  • Options
    xylithanxylithan Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013

Then why isn't that feature implemented? Surely it can't be that difficult? A few conditions in place e.g. if player is out of combat then allow a switch?
  • Options
    lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    xylithan wrote: »
    Then why isn't that feature implemented? Surely it can't be that difficult? A few conditions in place e.g. if player is out of combat then allow a switch?

Did he not say 'for Module 1'? Module 1 is an upcoming major game update.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Really, that's what you got out of what he said? I read it as.

"We definitely want to improve the powers window, powers slotting and maybe eventually build loadouts."

So they are looking at it, but "eventually" build loadouts sounds like it's on the horizon.

"I submitted a couple improvements for Module 1 that should be easy and improve things some."

Couple of improvement's doesn't equate to quick loadout swapping.

"I would love to just click a button and switch between my PvP and PvE power selections though."

Also indicating that it's not coming yet, but would love to see it.

What I'm saying is, how come this wasn't put in originally? I myself am a Software Developer and I am curious if this was brought up earlier, but put as a "back burner" project, or if nobody really thought to do it? It happens. I've had "Duhhhhhhhhh" moment's before when developing.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hahaha I am very well aware of "quality of life features / settings" being omitted originally. I have to make these decisions when releasing software myself, Hence why I asked if this was the case, or if they genuinely didn't think of it.
  • Options
    kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is some suggestion that is actually good and want, a hot swap bar for skills would be nice. It is so tedious to keep swapping in and out all the time manually. Consider we only 3 skills to play with, let us customized it more.

Thanks!
  • Options
    kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    3? *rolls eyes*

well, if you not counting the one that can only be use with full power gauge. That one not really count because you need full gauage to use. Other is a Basic attack and one more to right is like some basic one that built into most class. So we only get 3 main skills.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013

Great to hear panderus!
    This is certainly something I know players have wanted.
    I would also like to see a modifying key to increase the number of selected powers. I love the control scheme and the simplicity but with simplicity comes a bit of overall redundancy.

I absolutely don't want hundreds of hotbars but I think it would be nice to see an added level of complexity with a second setting on all characters similar to the Devoted Cleric's "Divinity" mechanic.

That or maybe "Combo" effects. Just my two cents of course. :)
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    well, if you not counting the one that can only be use with full power gauge. That one not really count because you need full gauage to use. Other is a Basic attack and one more to right is like some basic one that built into most class. So we only get 3 main skills.

2 daily powers, 3 (or 4) encounter powers, 2 at-will powers and 2 passives.
  • Options
    psiwuffpsiwuff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    klaw10 wrote: »
    Yes Build slots are a common store bought item.

lol. didnt even think of that when i came to this thread to say "yes please, gimme build slots". So i guess we can expect them in the zen store soon, only 10 USD a pop!
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xylithan wrote: »

Everyone is a developer these days... My guess as to why it isn't implemented is that there are higher priority issues on the list at the moment.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013

This is awesome!
This discussion has been closed.