test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power CW Set, better than Crit CW Set

byhembyhem Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
I am doing 1m more dmg, with same spells, with a power set, over a wizzy, with a crit set

my power set is all enchanted crit tho...

thoughts?
Post edited by byhem on

Comments

• copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Upgrading your Main Hand to one that gives you 20 extra base dmg is like adding 500 Power. So IMO, Power is one of our least useful stat.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • gehrondgehrond Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    Upgrading your Main Hand to one that gives you 20 extra base dmg is like adding 500 Power. So IMO, Power is one of our least useful stat.
    Crit vs. power has nothing to do with base damage vs. power.

Bhem, are you spec'd into crit based feats/paragons? How are you determining you are doing more damage?
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    byhem wrote: »
    I am doing 1m more dmg, with same spells, with a power set, over a wizzy, with a crit set

my power set is all enchanted crit tho...

thoughts?

I'm guessing you mean T2 and not T1:

Well if you are grouped with a wiz with the crit set you get their 4-set piece bonus, also saying that you do 1m more damage means nothing. What is your playstyle? What is his playstyle? What dungeon? Are you AoE padding on bosses, is he using icy terrain to stack the 4-set piece bonus instead of a damage spell?

But to put it simple, no the power CW set is not better then the crit CW set. Why? Because the crit CW set gives the whole group crit severity and lifesteal and loads off it.

Tried it yesterday on the training dummies. Attacking three target dummies gives the whole group: 54% crit severity and ~2000 lifesteal. That alone will be worth A LOT more then the 1m more damage claim you make.