test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Party Leader Abuse

wudoorwudoor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Let me start by saying that I have invested money into this game, I enjoy the game overall, however this has me completely done with putting ANY more money into this game until it is fixed.

I queue up on my DC for a dungeon during the dungeon delves, we kill the last boss, and the party leader just removes everyone from the party, and takes all the loot, and nobody even completes their dungeon delves bonus....

This happened to me twice just today, so I have had it. More dungeons than not, end in this manner. I am done, this is TERRIBLE game mechanics to allow such an abusive system to exist at all. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put 5 random people together and give one of those random 5 people, complete control over loot and removing people, should be fired. It is such a glaring oversight that it completely ruins the experience for anybody who doesn't have a premade group.

Also before anyone says "hurr durr get a guild". I have a guild, but that doesn't mean I never use the random queues to run dungeons. The queue system needs to be fixed ASAP, because as it stands, it is a haven for dishonest ninja looting players to get everything they want, and screw the honest players over.
Post edited by wudoor on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree. In a group that was formed by the queue system, there basically shouldn't be a "leader" at all. No one should be able to change the loot mode, and no one should be able to kick others from the team. The devs implemented this 'queue from anywhere' system, so they are responsible to address these valid concerns.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    there is a option to enable map choices when you leave.. whether you get kicked or not you can still get the chest.

• reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kicking needs to be moderated or atleast be agreed by a majority vote not as bad but i was queueing for pvp last night and i got kicked before i had even moved there then it took an hour to get back in bad way to do things imo
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    What would be amazing is if Cryptic did a little ninja hot fix and made the function for "Kick Player" the same as the function for "Leave Group".
  • wudoorwudoor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Xen, I have that enabled, and have gotten my last few chests this has happened with, before that though I lost them. A lot of people don't know about the option, and to be honest we shouldn't have to essentially be using a broken game mechanic, to avoid a broken game mechanic. (Since the system will not remove you until you select an instance, even though it says 5 seconds and you get removed)
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It is a dreadful system for pugs, really.

I have to admit though, I did actually do it once, myself, though, to another player who had been constantly abusive to the group all the way through the last boss fight. I just lost my patience after a while when we got to "SERIOUSLY? WE WIPE NOW? LOL I NEVER SEE SUCH FAILS", after he failed to notice mid-fight DCs from one of the melee, despite having it pointed out a few times, and screaming about healing, while forgemaster's flame, hallowed ground and blue astral shield were all ticking at once (if you want more than that, use a potion, or invest in private healthcare). A really obnoxious player, who I shan't name and shame, but who I'd like to see trapped under several dead walruses, that one. Anger is the path to the dark side, though.. so that one moment of catharsis for the sake of the whole group is still very naughty behaviour.

Yes, it needs fixed, it's very "is this a knife I see before me" right now, all too tempting to abuse out of anger, or even greed. Robust game design is needed, to protect people from each other's worst impulses.
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »
    there is a option to enable map choices when you leave.. whether you get kicked or not you can still get the chest.

Here is the description for those that still need to learn it:

Go to Options > Interface > HUD > Show Map Transfer Choices: ON
    This creates a popup window which gives you a choice of instance to transfer to. If you don't make a choice, you will remain in the dungeon and should be able to loot your DD chest.
  • flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well it def needs to be fixed.

In the meantime they should seriously look into perma banning anyone caught doing this. It is just such a mean inconsiderate thing to do and goes against every aspect of D&D. I Say hang em high and set a example for the rest of the d-bags. People will just keep doing it unless there are Real consequences to their ill intent actions.

Cryptic needs to show their iron fist and let the bannhammer come thundering down!
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree that it should be changed though. Personally I am not openly saying anything as it has never happened to me. its just a open war for trolls honestly. can mess with people just for fun...

• silver44swordsilver44sword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First of all were still in open beta...so there is hope. However in general the community is all but subverts from other mmo's that play with a mind of a child. Abuse is not uncommon in this game as in other. I have played with only a couple parties that were respectful. Then there are those demanding gotta verbalize every nuance you do until they get trashed by a mob and still expect you to help rescue them.....GEEZ!

Let's get this straight from the heart of a veteran D&D DM...... players have choices, they have always had choices and opportunities to perform virtuous roles or villainous ones. Those that consistently verbally argue, abuse, disrespect and don't play with others unless they get there way, do what ever they want and badgers and whine other players ARE villainous. It isn't the system that is flawed to an extent it's the players that aren't mindful of others and inconsiderate.

The whole need and greed system I think is acceptable and if a player needs something whether it is for there current pc or their alt then by all means that is they're choice. If they want to party with you or not that is they're choice. If they want play in a specific manner they're comfortable with then by all means that is they're choice.

To many control freaks and whiners equates to a less than appealing community. A lot of people are saying this is a great game, and I do think it is great, could be better....but what really makes it un-fun, and a choir is some aspects of the community. It wasn't like this on the BW's.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey everyone! Thanks for your thoughts on this issue. We're working on a solution, and appreciate your feedback! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • gallantflamegallantflame Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Check out the thread on this general discussion forum which is a poll to prioritize fixes needed to improve the game....

I personally am too cheap to spend money on a game when I don't even know, what I will actually need down the road. I would love to be able to earn purple and have the best companions, cool mounts and professional resources not just buy with real money. I know I am a "dinosaur".

I hope the game keeps developing so that both paying and non-paying players can enjoy it! But for now am just trying to be patient.
    But yes some of the game mechanics do need to be addressed sooner than later!!! I understand the original poster
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Thanks for your thoughts on this issue. We're working on a solution, and appreciate your feedback! :)

Hasn't happened to me yet thankfully, and here's to hoping it never does. Glad ya'll are working on it.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • wudoorwudoor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »

Thank you very much for the response, glad to know it is being worked on. :)