test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Search for auctions with a buyout

danthrax37danthrax37 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Bidding on an item I'll outlevel in a matter hours is pointless for me. Is there a way to only see auctions with a buyout, or sort the results to find the ones with buyouts?
Post edited by danthrax37 on

Comments

• vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    danthrax37 wrote: »
    Bidding on an item I'll outlevel in a matter hours is pointless for me. Is there a way to only see auctions with a buyout, or sort the results to find the ones with buyouts?

unfortunately no
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vaelic wrote: »
    unfortunately no

At the moment, only via the Gateway.
  • danthrax37danthrax37 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what's this gateway thing?
  • dreadlordmikeydreadlordmikey Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    danthrax37 wrote: »
    what's this gateway thing?

https://gateway.playneverwinter.com
    "Over the course of my many years I have learned one thing: I don't know anything, I only think I do. And I'm not even sure about that." -- Rasgard the Wise
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Do this. Click on current bid so that the first ones that show up are N/A. Click next page a few times, you will soon get to the auctions with buyouts, starting with the cheapest.
    edited June 2013
    vaelic wrote: »
    unfortunately no

This would be a nice-to-have feature, tho.

It would greatly assuage my impulse-buying habits.
    "Over the course of my many years I have learned one thing: I don't know anything, I only think I do. And I'm not even sure about that." -- Rasgard the Wise
  • danthrax37danthrax37 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    belay my last, found it...
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    honestly don't buy anything until level 60. just use the stuff you find, equip anything that says "recommended" and you can hit 60 in about a week, if you're slow (like me).

as for searching, use the gateway - no really use the gateway. the in-game AH is turrrrble.
    edited June 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    Do this. Click on current bid so that the first ones that show up are N/A. Click next page a few times, you will soon get to the auctions with buyouts, starting with the cheapest.

This assumes that the sorting has been fixed in the in-game AH. Has it? (Ignore me, if you're talking about the Gateway.)
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This assumes that the sorting has been fixed in the in-game AH. Has it? (Ignore me, if you're talking about the Gateway.)

fairly certain this method works in game also
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    honestly don't buy anything until level 60. just use the stuff you find, equip anything that says "recommended" and you can hit 60 in about a week, if you're slow (like me).

as for searching, use the gateway - no really use the gateway. the in-game AH is turrrrble.

For the love of all that is holy Do NOT simply equip anything that says Recommended. That feature is so broken it's not even funny.

It frequently recommends gear that has stats way below the stuff I currently have equipped. Further, it ignores one of your rings and your off-hand weapon.

BAD, BAD, BAD advice. Always compare the stats.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do NOT equip anything that says Recommended. That feature is so broken it's not even funny.

It frequently recommends gear that has stats way below the stuff I currently have equipped.

BAD, BAD, BAD advice. Always compare the stats.

Right, it just goes by how much the item costs. So a level 10 blue might cost more than a level 20 green (and thus say it's recommended), but the 20 green will be much, much better (and not be recommended).
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    TBH, 1-59 can be done by a TR or CW totally butt-nekkid.
    edited June 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    fairly certain this method works in game also

Last time I checked, sorting in game was still horribly broken. I'll sign in today and verify.
    edited June 2013
    TBH, 1-59 can be done by a TR or CW totally butt-nekkid.

OH MYYYYYYYYYYY.

/takei
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    leveling up gear means nothing, except for weapon. keep your weapon current or within a few levels, and you're fine.
    by the time I hit mid 50s I was still using some level 30s rings and other gear. no seriously it just doesn't matter. unless U BAD or something...

anyways no, the ingame AH doesn't sort anything... at all. the filters are also broken (showing you level 20 gear when you set it to 60-60) etc. just use the web interface (gateway). that is when it works...
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OH MYYYYYYYYYYY.

/takei

I'll stream it for 2 million AD. I'll get TR from 1-60 while only keeping my 2 daggers up to date. Furthermore, fairly certain I could do it in 3 sittings.