test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I the only one who actually loves PvP?

2»

Comments

• abe11abe11 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    not going to pvp against premades give pugs r own Q this is just bull ****
  • fozzyleofozzyleo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Btw we wasnt premade anyway, as u can see we had no healer ;)

I owned anyway hahaha
  • ali495ali495 Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    I love pvp, but I still think there's a lot of things that can be improved on.
    When the cold of winter comes starless night will cover day,
    In the veiling of the sun we will walk in bitter rain.
    But in dreams I can hear your name,
    And in dreams we will meet again.

<3
  • buckfittybuckfitty Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    CWs and TRs rule the world in pvp and this is why anytime you play that is pretty much all you will see, it almost hurts your team to have a cleric and GWF. The comment above about CWs range too shows just how broken this game is in pvp. 1/4 of the maps size in range, sounds fair for a class that can lock down sumone for so long ya>? And i would love to see how many of the people here who are saying they love pvp are TRs and CWs, cause of course they love it.
    Need to lower the length of crowd control effects and even the playing field (i play a cleric and CW, and i will personally say CWs are way too ****in strong in pvp)
    edited June 2013
    buckfitty wrote: »
    CWs and TRs rule the world in pvp and this is why anytime you play that is pretty much all you will see, it almost hurts your team to have a cleric and GWF. The comment above about CWs range too shows just how broken this game is in pvp. 1/4 of the maps size in range, sounds fair for a class that can lock down sumone for so long ya>? And i would love to see how many of the people here who are saying they love pvp are TRs and CWs, cause of course they love it.
    Need to lower the length of crowd control effects and even the playing field (i play a cleric and CW, and i will personally say CWs are way too ****in strong in pvp)
    Sry, but I can't agree with you! Each class has your own role, Cleric r supposed to heal and make party members alive, GWF can do a lot of damage if u know how to build them, I just saw one carry the whole pvp game, Guardians have the name as their role, GUARD, they can take a lot of damage and take down while DPS (TR and CR) do their role.

If you r not happy with your class CHANGE, u will see that every class has his pros and cons. Or u could create a game where a class that can tank, heal and kill in 1 blow hahaha.
  • drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I've only just turned 60, basically doing no damage as a Guardian and occasionally getting my 30,000 hitpoints drained in two seconds by someone in decked out gear. Would like to think the rogues and control wizards on my team have a bigger advantage with me running interference with various prone powers (I can air juggle someone for a good 10-15 seconds!) than they would if I'd of been just another rogue/control wizard.

Somehow, I just can't quite convince myself though.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
    edited June 2013
    Its simple, create a TR or a CW* and stop crying, its better ;)
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thing is the matchmaking system puts you vs premade teams , on your team noone uses the voip ofc which results in 1000 - 90 most of the games .
  • showyofaceduckshowyofaceduck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I play a TR in PvP and pretty much the only thing that stands a chance against me is another TR or a competent CW. Quite frankly both the CW and the TR need some nerfing, but I'm not sure how they would go about doing it right.
  • eternalighteternalight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think this topic belongs in this thread.

I was planning on playing PvP as my end-game, given that this is a skill-based game. Fighting monsters all the time doesn't really require incredible skill, since all they do is meat-head their way to you; PvE has become kind of mundane to me. it's not until I get into a PvP match that I really need to focus and strategize how to defeat my opponent.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I love the pvp in this game and it seems largely balanced before level 60. At level 60 though the gear gap is too large and TTK too short for me to really judge balance. GWF and GF are beasts in pvp, not sure why people complain about them being weak.

One thing I disagree with in your OP is your advice for pvp while levelling. The way scaling works in pvp you are strongest at levels x0-x3 and then at x9. At levels x4-x8 you get progressively weaker and should go do pve if you have the stomach for that kind of thing. I now only upgrade my weapons at level 20/30/40 etc (buy them at vendor) and then just swap in any blues I win in pvp. Up to level 60 this works fine. Of course if you have the money you can keep your character fully decked out in best gear/enchants for your level and really stomp face, but I can't be bothered with that.
  • thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ali495 wrote: »
    I love pvp, but I still think there's a lot of things that can be improved on.

This ^^^

Ladders for individuals and defined teams...seasons of competition
  • lordofscornlordofscorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, it seems that same thing happens in all new MMOs now. The pvp is always more balanced before cap level where gear starts to overcome all else and people learn the cheese mechanics. A lot of players are still learning the ins and outs in lower level as well and not every class comes into their own at the same time, so if you have any idea at all about what you are doing, you can shine and do well with certain classes quite easily. It's not really balanced in that sense, but when you die near instantly at max level, it sure can feel like it to some.