test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blast from the Past! A simple fix!

cellgripcellgrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It may need some tinkering, and changing here and there, but let me get started:

If you have ever played Diablo II, you might know where I'm headed with this:
Ladder System

Just to keep it simple:
Put all current characters into Non-Ladder
Player creates a character on Ladder.
After 3 months (or longer, shorter, etc) the character gets taken off Ladder and put in Non-Ladder.

Competitive PvE / PvP:
Players race to the top of the charts, and the ones at the top (like top 100) will be rewarded with ... something.
There can be two categories, being PvE and PvP.

If you place top 100 in the PvE, maybe they can reward you with a Title and Companion (related to the Season/Ladder).

If you place top 100 in the PvP, maybe they can reward you with a Title and Mount (related to the Season/Ladder).

Season 1: A Knight's Journey
PvE Reward- [Dragon Slayer], Armored Drake Companion
PvP Reward- [Challenger], Armored Basilisk Mount

Just ideas. Think about it :P
Always something you're fighting for if you join the Ladder.

Or if you just want to fix the current situation, keep it like this:
Put all current characters into a "Beta" Realm
Create a new "Fixed" Realm

We still have our old characters with the option of starting over.
Post edited by cellgrip on

Comments

• eternalighteternalight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I knew i wasn't the only one thinking this game needs some sort of motivation for PVP. It feels very unrewarding and just put in as an afterthought. It only takes several rounds to rack up enough glory to obtain all the PVP gear, and afterward, all the rewards from PVP are pointless. As the game stands now, I don't feel motivated enough to play PVE unless it's delve time since the rewards from dungeons don't feel like they're worth the time spent.

Regarding the PVP ladder, I think it would be nice if there were seasonal rankings, and the top contenders could receive a cosmetic item (a special weapon/armor effect) and/or title. I'm not so sure about having to create a new character for each season though, as we're quite limited on character slots at the moment. I believe it would work if players are automatically entered into ladder upon their first PVP match.