test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10-man dungeon & 3v3 arenas

viktta1viktta1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
hi there,

does anybody know when they are going to implement new format content?

ty!
Post edited by viktta1 on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    No information but I'd love to see both. :)
  • nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    viktta1 wrote: »
    hi there,

does anybody know when they are going to implement new format content?
    ty!

10 man dungeons? Are you crazy. Cryptic could never do that with Neverwinter. It would be unplayable.

Do you know how many adds they would have to spawn to make a challenge for 10 players. We're talking thousands of adds here. There would be so many adds your monitor would crack under the weight. You'd need a supercomputer encased in a sarcophagus of dry ice to play it.

Normal computers would just melt-down or explode causing injury and possible death to the users.
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So... Ten-man parties... I can see it happening since Gauntlgrym is advertised as 20v20 PvP. I'd hope they'd have fewer minions and more elites to keep our framerates at acceptable levels. Or perhaps a single, massive boss like the Tarrasque?
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    EDITED by Pin: Removed link.

Lol this was great.
  • vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    10 man dungeons? Are you crazy. Cryptic could never do that with Neverwinter. It would be unplayable.

Do you know how many adds they would have to spawn to make a challenge for 10 players. We're talking thousands of adds here. There would be so many adds your monitor would crack under the weight. You'd need a supercomputer encased in a sarcophagus of dry ice to play it.

Normal computers would just melt-down or explode causing injury and possible death to the users.

Maybe if you are running a computer from 2005 for these "amazing" 2005 graphics lol.
  • viktta1viktta1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Gauntlgrym it is supposed to be an area for Level 60 20-vs-20 PvP."

Oh, thats good. 25-man dungeon incoming plz!
  • xylithanxylithan Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    Maybe if you are running a computer from 2005 for these "amazing" 2005 graphics lol.

No.

The vast majority of players run middle of the road rigs. He's right, with all those spell effects and minions spawning it would be an absolute nightmare for most of the player bases' computers.

One way of approaching it, as someone stated earlier in this thread, is by reducing the amount of adds, but also making them stronger.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013

2 adds that would 1 shot everything but tanks. Would be nice.
    And god no, 5v5 is bad enough, if pvp is going to get any participants changes, it should be MORE players, not less, TRs and CWs reign supreme enough.
  • okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Do you know how many adds they would have to spawn to make a challenge for 10 players. We're talking thousands of adds here.

This. 10+ dungeons are impossible without serious rebalancing to amount of adds. Right now during boss fights their number is already ridiculous. I doubt you will be able to see or do anything if there spawned twice more. Oh and there are also some lags possible.

Personally as a CW I'm glad that adds are important factor in this game because this makes my class useful. Still, can't imagine the chaos of 10-man raids, unless Cryptic change their boss-fights philosophy...
  • talung34talung34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think coming up with a boss concept that does not spawn more adds is beyond the team at the moment.

Explain boss fight: Rogue tanks boss rest control adds.... FOR EVERY BOSS.
  • okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    talung34 wrote: »
    Explain boss fight: Rogue tanks boss rest control adds.... FOR EVERY BOSS.

Hehe. This is it :)
    From CW point of view it is like: cast Arcane Singularity -> Pop shield -> Arcane Singularity -> dodge red circle -> repeat -> hmmm I wonder how does boss look like... lol. Still, its much more interesting than classic tank&spank approach. At least keeps us busy all the time.
  • rb1641rb1641 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From an RP stand point you are going from a couple of people in a bar who decide to....i dont know kill a dragon for its gold to a man hunt screaming kill the beast. In the RP sense it dosnt make sense that 10 people would want to split the reward so to speak. Let alone the fact that i like the 5 man feel and for 10 mans all they could do is give the mobs more health. More health does not equal more fun
  • vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Iam looking forward for 20vs20 pvp matches, I think will be epic! Regarding raids, they will implement for sure at least 10 man dungeons or 20 man raids, just with fewer adds and more powerfull elites, but first of all I think they should fix all these exploits in the dungeons
  • bartolomeo85bartolomeo85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, they could increase the numer of player in the same dung/pvp arenas to 10 but i would say only up to 10 not more just for a balance easyness and make mobs just stronger for 10 ppl dungs and let the actual players adapt themselves and learn how to play these new games.