test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, why can't we send funds to our alts?

dreadlordmikeydreadlordmikey Member Posts: 59 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seriously. This is bugging the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me.

If I own the astral diamonds, and I transfer them to a toon, I should be able to transfer them back to my *account* so I can transfer them to another toon on my account. But I can't. We don't have an account bank, and we can't email them to our alts.

What gives? Is there a rationale for this? Or is it functionality that is forthcoming?
"Over the course of my many years I have learned one thing: I don't know anything, I only think I do. And I'm not even sure about that." -- Rasgard the Wise
Post edited by dreadlordmikey on

Comments

• kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can use the zen market for this. Offer to buy zen on the market at 50 each, then cancel the transaction. The diamonds will go into a central holding purse that you can then extract from with any toon on the account.
  • dreadlordmikeydreadlordmikey Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    You can use the zen market for this. Offer to buy zen on the market at 50 each, then cancel the transaction. The diamonds will go into a central holding purse that you can then extract from with any toon on the account.

Isn't there a danger that someone will actually purchase the diamonds at that rate, though?
    "Over the course of my many years I have learned one thing: I don't know anything, I only think I do. And I'm not even sure about that." -- Rasgard the Wise
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Isn't there a danger that someone will actually purchase the diamonds at that rate, though?

It is, but have fun waiting for someone do this when they can sell their zen for 300.
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Absolutely not. 50 is the minimum and the price is around 350. If someone buys your stuff for 50 each you should be elated because you can then turn around and get at -least- five times the money by selling it immediately.
  • sanmercisanmerci Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Only if you're insanely lucky; you could then flip the Zen you got for far MORE AD...

EDIT: Pizzamurai beat me to it...
  • lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Wow, some people…

Thanks, that made my day. And week.
  • thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013

Maximum lol
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2013

At which point you should respond by practising your maniacal laugh:cool:

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    At which point you should respond by practising your maniacal laugh:cool:

Gwahahahaa... I'm rich! I'm rich!
    edited June 2013
    Does this technique work cross servers?

After following your advice, I can see that the exchange balance is non-zero on Dragon, but on Mindflayer it's zero.
    edited June 2013
    Does this technique work cross servers?

After following your advice, I can see that the exchange balance is non-zero on Dragon, but on Mindflayer it's zero.

No, as you have found out yourself.
    edited June 2013
    No, as you have found out yourself.

So, this leads me back to my original question.

What is the justification for this lack of built-in functionality? Why can't we transfer funds between toons (even across servers) via email or an account bank?

I'm fairly certain they have a reason (even if it is fairly absurd). I'd just like to know what it is. Almost every other major MMO I've played has this ability.
    edited June 2013
    So, this leads me back to my original question.

What is the justification for this lack of built-in functionality? Why can't we transfer funds between toons (even across servers) via email or an account bank?

I'm fairly certain they have a reason (even if it is fairly absurd). I'd just like to know what it is. Almost every other major MMO I've played has this ability.

The reason is that the servers will be merged soon.
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Note that there is a market charge for this as well, you will lose some of the diamonds to the market by doing this.
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you Cancel it while selling it on the Diamond / Zen Exchanged market, wouldn't all your Zen or Diamond be gone? I read somewhere it said that when I was selling my Zen for Diamond, it said something about if Cancel I will loose all of it.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to be able to trade tarmalune bars within my account.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seriously. This is bugging the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me.

If I own the astral diamonds, and I transfer them to a toon, I should be able to transfer them back to my *account* so I can transfer them to another toon on my account. But I can't. We don't have an account bank, and we can't email them to our alts.

What gives? Is there a rationale for this? Or is it functionality that is forthcoming?

To make you spend more real money on your alts. Duh, thought it'd be obvious by now this company likes to money grab.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    If you Cancel it while selling it on the Diamond / Zen Exchanged market, wouldn't all your Zen or Diamond be gone? I read somewhere it said that when I was selling my Zen for Diamond, it said something about if Cancel I will loose all of it.

That would be absurd. The rage of the forums would be palpable.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • quandoomheroquandoomhero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    question is 'what alt char on your acc gives you?' i wonder coz i got my alts on brand new acc