test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Delves Preclearing, exploit or not?

graebeerdgraebeerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As title states, I'm wondering if the dungeon delve "preclear" is considered an exploit?
Post edited by graebeerd on

Comments

• lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It should be, as it obviously gives an unintended advantage.
  • wtfsoindiewtfsoindie Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure how it works, is it just a group of 4 people taxiing a paying person through the dungeon?
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'd be interested to see how they could fix it. I bet they'd break something and people who dc would lose their chest.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Of all the dungeon exploits this is the last thing the dev's should be concerned with...
  • nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wtfsoindie wrote: »
    I'm not sure how it works, is it just a group of 4 people taxiing a paying person through the dungeon?

Nope. It's starting a dungeon before dungeon delves becomes active. You get to the last boss and wait for the event to start. You'll still get the bonus chest.

It isnt supposed to work that way. You're only supposed to be able to get the chest if you enter the dungeon while the event is already active.
    edited June 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    Nope. It's starting a dungeon before dungeon delves becomes active. You get to the last boss and wait for the event to start. You'll still get the bonus chest.

It isnt supposed to work that way. You're only supposed to be able to get the chest if you enter the dungeon while the event is already active.

Oh I thought it was like a service people were charging for lol. That should be a pretty simple fix.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »

This will be easy to check. Let's see if your post or this thread get edited/locked.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    People wouldn't need to do this if dungeons were worth running outside of delves time.

You know, if the dungeon that drops "Arms and Waist" actually dropped Arms and Waist items, guaranteed. Like, 1xT2 Arm, 1xT2 Waist.

As it is, you aren't even guaranteed T2 from a chest and the drop rate from bosses is incredibly low.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I expect that they will fix it so that if a dungeon is completed withing the first 30 minutes of the dungeon delve it gives no rewards. That would be a simple and easy fix to program.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, no one can beat a T2 in 30m

lol.
  • ideagorasideagoras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    I expect that they will fix it so that if a dungeon is completed withing the first 30 minutes of the dungeon delve it gives no rewards. That would be a simple and easy fix to program.

What about the dungeons you can clear faster than 30 minutes?
  • okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This whole "exploit" doesn't matter much as chests were nerfed, so now in t2 dungeons they give mostly t1 stuff or some crappy t2 necklaces. Even if you get 4 chests during one dd, more probably than not, you still don't find anything of value.

So instead of fixing dungeon exploits devs have "fixed" chests' loot...
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ideagoras wrote: »
    What about the dungeons you can clear faster than 30 minutes?

Your screwed because of the preclean exploiters.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Many people would be annoyed with this kind of fix, but I wouldn't mind it actually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Your screwed because of the preclean exploiters.

It feels good, I get like 12 T2 set pieces a day which I sell for ridiculous prices.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It feels good, I get like 12 T2 set pieces a day which I sell for ridiculous prices.

What exactly is "preclear"? I see that all the time and dont know what it means.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    This will be easy to check. Let's see if your post or this thread get edited/locked.

what he isn't saying is you have to run from the beginning to the end boss again
    edited June 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    What exactly is "preclear"? I see that all the time and dont know what it means.

It's when, to counter incredibly low T2 drop rates on the actual T2 items advertised for the dungeons, people enter a dungeon prior to Dungeon Delves event starting.

At some point during the dungeon the group will log out, leaving one person in the instance. When the group logs back in, that remaining individual logs out and then the group runs back through the dungeon that they've already cleared with the DD chest unlocked.

Then they get to the DD chest and still get nothing from it but going 0/2 feels like you tried harder than going 0/1.
    edited June 2013
    It's when, to counter incredibly low T2 drop rates on the actual T2 items advertised for the dungeons, people enter a dungeon prior to Dungeon Delves event starting.

At some point during the dungeon the group will log out, leaving one person in the instance. When the group logs back in, that remaining individual logs out and then the group runs back through the dungeon that they've already cleared with the DD chest unlocked.

Then they get to the DD chest and still get nothing from it but going 0/2 feels like you tried harder than going 0/1.

Ahh, thanks for the explanation.... lol well that isn't very sporty.
  • snake0ilsnake0il Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    Ahh, thanks for the explanation.... lol well that isn't very sporty.

That's small fry compared to the things people do to "clear" a dungeon.
    edited June 2013
    CN is literally the only dungeon worth doing because it's the only dungeon that actually drops the loot it advertises.
  • okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    CN is literally the only dungeon worth doing because it's the only dungeon that actually drops the loot it advertises.
    ^^^^^ This.
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is the first I have heard of preclearing, but I have to say, it does not sound like much of an exploit. While I guess the people are slightly circumventing the rules, it hardly seems like they are truly doing anything inappropriate. Honestly, the best way to fix it would be to eliminate the dungeon delves event entirely and have the end chest always give loot no matter what. The end boss should always have a treasure chest for everyone to loot.

Edit: Now that I think about it, they should make the dungeons always have the end chest and turn the Dungeon Delves event into something that gives AD as a reward. This way they could still have a special event (which is handy in attracting a lot of players at the same time of day so it is easier to form groups).
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    This is the first I have heard of preclearing, but I have to say, it does not sound like much of an exploit. While I guess the people are slightly circumventing the rules, it hardly seems like they are truly doing anything inappropriate. Honestly, the best way to fix it would be do eliminate the dungeon delves event entirely and have the end chest always give loot no matter what. The end boss should always have a treasure chest for everyone to loot.

This, I hate the way it works now.

Slog through a boring, irritating dungeon only to get complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> most of the time, and if you for some stupid reason waste your time doing it w/o delve up you'll probably get literally nothing but a few seals.

The trash mobs giving literally nothing of value is also stupid.
    edited June 2013
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    This is the first I have heard of preclearing, but I have to say, it does not sound like much of an exploit. While I guess the people are slightly circumventing the rules, it hardly seems like they are truly doing anything inappropriate. Honestly, the best way to fix it would be do eliminate the dungeon delves event entirely and have the end chest always give loot no matter what. The end boss should always have a treasure chest for everyone to loot.

I agree, there's no reason to run dungeons when there's no DD event going on. I don't know why they neutered dungeons for a mechanic that isn't even monetized.
  • yanniellyanniell Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wtfsoindie wrote: »
    I agree, there's no reason to run dungeons when there's no DD event going on. I don't know why they neutered dungeons for a mechanic that isn't even monetized.

This. There's no point doing dungeons outside dd events as the way it is right now.
  • maveras1maveras1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013

sure, so im supose to full clear cn, without any shorcuts(cause ofc, interwebs white knight whould not use any) in 1 hour and 1/2.

Better "fix" it than maybe fixing feats that are not working, or sets that give TRs 3k power buff, or ppl HK others in pvp with green stuff
    edited June 2013
    snake0il wrote: »
    That's small fry compared to the things people do to "clear" a dungeon.

Ya, Ive seen as much. The dungeon run always loses a bit of steam when the group wants to take all these shortcuts and the edging and all. Just weak and not enjoyable. Id rather work through a dungeon instead of looking for the easy way out. Unfortunately that is not the norm.... its a bummer man.
  • kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    I wouldn't call this an exploit. It is technically working exactly as advertised. It's just a poorly designed set of rules that is not consistent with the other events.

All the other events, the rules are simply that you get the reward if you complete the objective while the event is active. This means you can also start Skirmishes and Foundries before the respective event starts and still get the reward as long as you finish after the event starts. On the flip side, you will not get the reward if you start the Skirmish/Foundry while the event is active but finish after it is over.

With DD, the wording is slightly different. You get the reward for entering the map while the event is active, regardless of when you finish. The tooltip even says so. This also means that if you get involuntarily disconnected (and then reconnect) after the even is finished, you won't get the reward while everyone else in your party will.

The reason it works differently from other events is probably just the fact that dungeons take longer than Skirmishes and (most) Foundries. In fact, they can take more than an hour. So the devs decided to make this change to the rules for this particular event type.

Long story short, it's working as intended. But whether it being intended is a good idea is another question entirely.
    edited June 2013
    kindyre wrote: »
    I wouldn't call this an exploit. It is technically working exactly as advertised. It's just a poorly designed set of rules that is not consistent with the other events.

All the other events, the rules are simply that you get the reward if you complete the objective while the event is active. This means you can also start Skirmishes and Foundries before the respective event starts and still get the reward as long as you finish after the event starts. On the flip side, you will not get the reward if you start the Skirmish/Foundry while the event is active but finish after it is over.

With DD, the wording is slightly different. You get the reward for entering the map while the event is active, regardless of when you finish. The tooltip even says so. This also means that if you get involuntarily disconnected (and then reconnect) after the even is finished, you won't get the reward while everyone else in your party will.

The reason it works differently from other events is probably just the fact that dungeons take longer than Skirmishes and (most) Foundries. In fact, they can take more than an hour. So the devs decided to make this change to the rules for this particular event type.

Long story short, it's working as intended. But whether it being intended is a good idea is another question entirely.

Blah, common sense tells everyone of us that's not how it was intended to work. I wont stop, its become the preferred way to play the game.
This discussion has been closed.