test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chat banned again...

Comments

• lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Don't believe me? There's a thread floating around here where some guy ran instances of the game and reported a character until it was chat banned, took 21.

Let's start by providing a link to this thread.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No, I don't care that much. This is your beef, so you do some work instead of just sitting back and challenging any counter point with some asinine snarky comment.

So what you're saying is " There is proof out there that I am willing to defend, but not to the extent of actually proving anything. "
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No, what I'm saying is there's information that has been verified by many ends out there if you are willing to look for it instead of just whining about it.

I personally don't care enough to go sifting through the forums to find the post because the report spam feature doesn't bother me at all.

It doesnt effect me either, but I did some "sifting" and the funny thing is there isnt one post with solid proof, nor any report from an employee of Cryptic. Just a bunch of people guessing at a system they dont fully understand.
    edited June 2013
    It's out there, I promise you that. It was in the thread that was exactly like this. The guy started railing about how he's going to show the world how the system is broken and go Che Guevara on neverwinter. He confirmed the theory that it takes 21 reports to get chat banned.

Well unless you can provide the proof of this its all conjecture. Burden of proof doesnt fall on the person who is refuting what you believe.
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    actually there is a Trade channel. it just consist of every game that cryptic has using that one channel. last i looked it had over 175k players in it.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Heres the denial i mentioned a few posts back.
    Thanks for proving my point
    edited June 2013
    How many accounts do you have?

I have 2 that I multibox, why does it matter?
  • drizztstarkdrizztstark Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    You must be joking me right? I have every right to sell whatever i want, besides selling epics for small gold amount is very good for fresh 60 players that dont have that many AD and they can build up their gear on that. Your obviously one of this players that have nothing better to do then trolling other players becouse they want to sell something. Im not spamming chat just adversite things i got to sell. And your thinking is wrong i sold EVERY epic i managed to adversite, low lvl ppl love to buy things for when they hit 60.
    Ppl like you reporting for nothing, becouse their loogic fails, deserve this ban more then anyone

Complain all you want, in a community driven system which this is, it has been clearly stated that people using ZONE for auctions will be reported for spamming and more than likely be on the business end of a chat ban.

Post your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the AH where anyone interested can look for it (using the web based version since the in game version is worthless) or plan on going hours without chat. It's really quite simple as people use the systems available to them to determine what is 'acceptable" behavior in this game.

In addition there are custom channels made for each server for trade/lfg etc. Try utilizing the Search function here.

Or ignore all of that and continue to rail helplessly against the machine that Cryptic and PWE have made.
    Slaad - Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter
  • iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    clortbags wrote: »
    I think it's pretty clear who the troll is here and the only thing that's failing is your spelling & basic sentence construction.

That aside you're right you have the right to try and sell whatever you want but it seems your interpretation of spamming and that of other players may differ somewhat.

I actually got banned without even posting on the zone chat. I already made a thread about it yesterday which was moved to the "lower depths" section because people like you jumped on me yelling "lies". It is obvious that people have found a way for multiple reports and the system is not fair. On a different note: spelling and basic sentence construction sometimes fail when English is not ones native language. The fact that you use that as an argument to a debate doesn't make you look good.At all

ps: Excuse my numerous fails on Grammar. We can continue the conversation in my language anytime you like. I'm sure you have studied Greek in school. Easy language...You can use a spellchecker as you suggested and then having me jump on you about correct sentences, It will be fun
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    clortbags you are simply an idiot. One message every 30 seconds is nowhere close to spamming

Compliments why thank you, next you'll be wanting to buy me dinner :D
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's an idea... next time you want gold for something... sell it to a vendor... that's what they're there for.
    @Powerblast in game
  • esleffesleff Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It doesnt effect me either, but I did some "sifting" and the funny thing is there isnt one post with solid proof, nor any report from an employee of Cryptic. Just a bunch of people guessing at a system they dont fully understand.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?311711-Two-24-Hour-Chat-Bans-In-A-Row-After-Typing-1-Line-In-Zone-Chat-Each-Time

One by a player still looking for the test.
    edited June 2013
    Just seemed odd that I was having a debate with 3 people.

Anyway, information is out there if you want to actually look for it instead of just sit here and troll.

I know its odd that not everyone agrees with you. And like I said before I did go actually look and still nothing from Cryptic and just a bunch of people guessing at what it is.
  • givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is happening because new players don't know reporting ya get baned and alot report people auctioning in zone chat cause if your sitting in protectors enclave you need to be a computer sometimes just to be able to read fast enough to keep up with all the trade spam.

I have said from day one need a zone trade channel that you can join that way thos wishing to actualy chat in zone chat can and thos wishing to trade can do so in there channel
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You missed it.

Its 21.

Ill give you a hint. The thread has a link with 21 screenshots in it.
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    You missed it.

Its 21.

Ill give you a hint. The thread has a link with 21 screenshots in it.

Yay another person coming in with baseless claims. Give a link to your proof if you think its such concrete evidence.

Never seen so many people dance around giving proof to something they believe in. Except Christians.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yay another person coming in with baseless claims. Give a link to your proof if you think its such concrete evidence.

Never seen so many people dance around giving proof to something they believe in. Except Christians.

Don't want to do the work to gain knowledge. Then live in the dark. I have that knowledge, after a few minutes of search fu. Its 21, no matter how much you rain your head against that FACT that has already been shown to be true to the point that its public knowledge.
    edited June 2013

Theviking-numbers : It is 21. I will not provide a link because you're funny when you rant and post pointless arguments.. Also it can be exploited. One person can report 21 times and he can do it instantly. Given the fact that Cryptic hasn't fix more serious and glaring issues l I wouldn't have much hope for this to ever get resolved.
  • ligoejligoej Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • almostsk8trxalmostsk8trx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think that 21 ignores is for the first chat ban. Afterwards, it may differ.
    edited June 2013
    ligoej wrote: »

Why did you posted that? Now I won't have none to laugh at in the forums. You drove him away
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And those ignores/spam reports aren't disappearing anywhere after certain time. It may take months to get a ban. But eventually you'll get muted. Ofcourse the counter zeroes after the muting.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dnaidarkfirednaidarkfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm one of those people that report spam on any scrolling text I see more than once "in a short period of time". Keep your spam to yourself.
    edited June 2013
    ligoej wrote: »

This shows nothing but one guy with multiple windows open and one that has been chat banned. Explain how this is such solid proof?
    edited June 2013
    Why did you posted that? Now I won't have none to laugh at in the forums. You drove him away

Wow, you really need to take some English classes.
    edited June 2013
    This shows nothing but one guy with multiple windows open and one that has been chat banned. Explain how this is such solid proof?

It's not proof at all. Some people just don't understand what 'proof' really means.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Reported himself with 22 characters?
    I'm just pulling that from thin air.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Reported himself with 22 characters?
    I'm just pulling that from thin air.

Oh yeah I forgot how that clearly shows anywhere on there that he reported himself.
    edited June 2013
    @lilmonkey222 :
    θες να συνεχισουμε στα Ελληνικα?Ζωο
  • bowlobbybowlobby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im getting chat banned every another day for nothing. I dont spam, dont insult or anything like this. I need to use zone chat to sell low value epics for gold. I need other chats to team up and play. Dont you think things like that are crucial for mmorpg? You made a flawed report system that allow exploiters abuse it, maybe its time to fix this?

You're either deluded or lying. 20 people have to report you for spam for you to get banned. That being said, you have to be pretty annoying with the spamming for it to happen. Use some common sense and stop spamming your chat messages over and over and you won't have a problem. Pretty simple. You don't "need" to do any of the things you've mentioned. I can get groups and sell items without saying a word in chat.
This discussion has been closed.