test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs...Start fixing the texture bugs.

silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
This has been an ongoing issue and nothing is being done about it, nothing is being mentioned about it. There are even several topics in the bug section that are being ignored.

This issue is going to affect your income from at least one person, simply because I'm not going to buy anything until it's fixed.

Here is one example, it's the Marster Assassin's Armor:

screenshot_2013_05_29_22_39_02.jpg
Post edited by silvernite on

Comments

• silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Needless to say...this issue is still being ignored.
  • vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not trying to start an argument. Just a thought. Did you check to see if maybe its your hardware/software/ISP issue? I only say this because I am a rogue and have that set and have never had the misfortune of seeing it look so bad. Most likely, its not your side. Just a thought before we pull out the pitch forks.
  • lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ISP issue

I really hope you don't mean what I think you mean…
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    it looks good dont understant why complain
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not to suggest it's anything other than the evil evil devs who are at this very moment ignoring all the customers with every fiber of their collective beings...but.

I didn't have this on my Nvidia GTX 780, but my wife did have it on her GTX 680 and my daughter had it on her Raedon 7970, the Raedon's issues was solved by switching from DX 11 to DX 9 in the options, and the 680's problem was solved by using the current beta drivers.

Depending on your card you might want to try those things.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    starbigamo wrote: »
    i cant see master assassin armor either...

the shade armor is a known bug for everyone. master assassin however works for pretty much everyone. this is the first time ive seen it bugged, mine works completely fine.

1s083k.jpg

• fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a lot of Weapons for Guardian fighter have their Apperences bugged - Egzample can be WaveCrusher Mace ( drowned king drop ) - its apperence is invisible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jastyftwjastyftw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same issue on my rogue with Swashbuckling. However, Female Rogues with it in my guild seem to be textured fine. Could the paper bag armor be only for male rogues?
  • bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    silvernite wrote: »
    This has been an ongoing issue and nothing is being done about it, nothing is being mentioned about it. There are even several topics in the bug section that are being ignored.

This issue is going to affect your income from at least one person, simply because I'm not going to buy anything until it's fixed.

Here is one example, it's the Marster Assassin's Armor:

screenshot_2013_05_29_22_39_02.jpg

I'm pretty sure its either your hardware or you are missing a texture file. I dont think this is a bug.
  • rhayzedrhayzed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the same issue as well on my male rogue..I bought master assassins armor the day of the ah thing....it was like yours single color no detail..so I then bought dye...and applied it which did nothing. Then they rolled back...so I bought another set of master assassin armor...and same issue..its all brown no texture looks stupid
    edited June 2013
    jastyftw wrote: »
    Same issue on my rogue with Swashbuckling. However, Female Rogues with it in my guild seem to be textured fine. Could the paper bag armor be only for male rogues?

This might be a valid thought.. I have only seen males having the issue. (female without the issue)

• drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is this issue in the game also, or only visible in the character selection screen?
    edited June 2013
    Is this issue in the game also, or only visible in the character selection screen?

its in the game.

edited June 2013
    From what I've been seeing it has something to do with either race or gender of the character, it's not hardware related.
  • iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Do you seriously consider aesthetics a serious matter? First they must fix the bugs,glitches, exploits, classes,items, AD prices, AH, bots, report spammers,chat, queues, end game content and THEN they can start fixing pointless things like this one. Don't you agree?
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Do you seriously consider aesthetics a serious matter? First they must fix the bugs,glitches, exploits, classes,items, AD prices, AH, bots, report spammers,chat, queues, end game content and THEN they can start fixing pointless things like this one. Don't you agree?

To some people immersion is very important. There's a reason every mmo these days allows you to design your looks/appearance. People want to look good in an mmo. Looking like you're wearing a brown shirt isn't looking good.
  • lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    To some people immersion is very important. There's a reason every mmo these days allows you to design your looks/appearance. People want to look good in an mmo. Looking like you're wearing a brown shirt isn't looking good.

And it still isn't as important as gameplay and balance-related bugs. Derp.
  • iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

It's funny that you are bashing me for my English in one thread and agreeing with me in another. I find the internet very funny. Consider the heavy insult I threw in Greek at you in the other thread only for that thread then. I like you in this one

ps: what can I say?My English ARE atrocious
    edited June 2013

This issue falls into a few of those categories you mentioned. Besides, I find that some of the things you listed as pointless to me, but others find them valid.

On another point, it isn't hardware related, tried it on a couple of systems and it's the same.
  • thedeadstarthedeadstar Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2013
    Only saw this bug appear for males so far as well. Got the Sinister Shade Armor and same issue here, my guild mates see it all brown as well.
    Shinis
    Tong Lv86
    Server: Jian [DE]
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Why would people who make art assets fix gameplay bugs?
  • nadaclosnadaclos Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh come on 3 PAGES about a texture issue and for TR armor.....Yeah this should be PRIORITY 1.
    edited June 2013
    nadaclos wrote: »
    Oh come on 3 PAGES about a texture issue and for TR armor.....Yeah this should be PRIORITY 1.

Texture bugs are actually easy to fix and shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, if that, it wouldn't be wasting time or resources.

In fact, if they did work on several minor issues each time, things would actually go faster in the long run, it would also look better in the patch notes because it would appear more is being worked on.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I know more about marketing and customer relations than most. It's one of the reasons I retired at age 40 many years ago.
  • birchybirchy Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    am glad you guys are starting to figure it out female work fine its males that dont
  • strisegrimcarverstrisegrimcarver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sinister Shade's armor texture is missing for me. Been reporting it for two weeks with nary a response. I refuse to buy Zen to convert to AD just to change appearance on a piece of high-end armor that should have been put in the game with a texture.
    edited June 2013
    This should be an ease fix, they are just to lazy to do it.

Wish The Elder Scrolls Online would hurry up and launch.