test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game is called "Neverwinter" (not "NWO" or "NeverWinter Online")

zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I know most people probably don't care, and this has been pointed out before, but I just wanted to remind everyone that this game is NOT called "NWO" or "NeverWinter Online" -- It is simply called Neverwinter.

Here is a quote from Community Team Manager Dezstavus confirming this:

dezstravus wrote: »
Just a heads-up: our game isn't called NWO, or Neverwinter Online. It's just Neverwinter. :)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?268421-Neverwinter-Illuminati-already-won-the-game&p=3511391&viewfull=1#post3511391

Thank you, have a nice day! :cool:
Post edited by zophie#5279 on

Comments

• Options
    nulaftwnulaftw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True, but still, whenever i hear "Neverwinter", I think of NWN
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All hail the Illuminati and their army of cats.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Epic thread, i'm sure it will help the game moving forward.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    D&D:N

/10char
  • Options
    bah74bah74 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wasabiburn wrote: »
    I know most people probably don't care, and this has been pointed out before, but I just wanted to remind everyone that this game is NOT called "NWO" or "NeverWinter Online" -- It is simply called Neverwinter.

At least get it right before you start whining about stuff like wipes and ruined economies and game being boring because you grinded ogres to 60. :cool:

Thank you, have a nice day!

If you are going to be anal about it, it's actually called Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter.
  • Options
    bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    thanks for telling me the name of the game i'm playing, i wouldhv never in my right mind figured out the games name if it wasn't for you. by the way, winter is coming
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually its technically called "Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter" but people like a good three word name that can be shortened into a semi word NWO is easier to Grasp than D&DNW and NW alone sounds like a direction. they could have called it Forgotton realms online and saved a ton of issues ..FRO.. sounds like a hair style. or based it on a different city WaterDeep online WDO Cormyr Online, CO... wait I know Land of Luska LOL.....Can't please everyone.
  • Options
    erogeeroge Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NWO makes me think of "New World Order", before "Neverwinter Online"
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    methinks the OP is one of those people who scours the interweb by telling people they've mispelled words in their posts on forums as well as facebook
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    methinks the OP is one of those people who scours the interweb by telling people they've mispelled words in their posts on forums as well as facebook

I work in Quality Assurance for another company, I can't help it! Also, isn't this post better than another "Should we wipe the servers" poll? ;)
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    And you care why?
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for telling me I can not use NWO to distinguish Neverwinter Nights (NWN) from Neverwinter (online) NWO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

At least get it right before you start whining about stuff like wipes and ruined economies and game being boring because you grinded ogres to 60. :cool:

Thank you, have a nice day!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?268421-Neverwinter-Illuminati-already-won-the-game&p=3511391&viewfull=1#post3511391

I call it NWO because associating this trainwreck with Neverwinter Nights is disgraceful.
  • Options
    mythnationmythnation Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's the stupid W in the acronym. Doesn't flow right with out something behind it. If we just pronounced "W" as Wub instead of Doubleyou, then there wouldn't be such a debate about this. I am starting a petition with the White House to change the pronounciation. I know they can't control how the entire world pronounces it, but it's a start, right?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mythnation wrote: »
    It's the stupid W in the acronym. Doesn't flow right with out something behind it. If we just pronounced "W" as Wub instead of Doubleyou, then there wouldn't be such a debate about this. I am starting a petition with the White House to change the pronounciation. I know they can't control how the entire world pronounces it, but it's a start, right?

You sir, I like how you think.
  • Options
    kanekorstenkanekorsten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Scour the internet? All you have to do is open any posting board that you frequent and you will be busy all day doing corrections :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Scour the internet? All you have to do is open any posting board that you frequent and you will be busy all day doing corrections :P

Fighting the good fight! :)
  • Options
    mythnationmythnation Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When one is not completely at their normal cognitive capacity, "Nutter Butter" will suffice.
  • Options
    thetravelingboythetravelingboy Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too bad. The original was Neverwinter, this is Neverwinter online.

The better game (not to mention the first) gets the priority. If they wanted people to call this the name they wanted they should have picked one that wasn't taken.

I've never heard anyone call this just 'neverwinter', I doubt I ever will except in type.
  • Options
    myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If people are so hooked on three letter acronyms, how about DDN for Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter?

Why do we need W in the acronym?

Anyway, whenever I'm searching for Neverwinter MMO stuff, I always phrase my search as:

neverwinter -nights

Works most of the time for filtering NWN stuff from DDN.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If people are so hooked on three letter acronyms, how about DDN for Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter?

Then it probably bet confused with DDO. Yes, I know that's a whole different setting. But people are people. And it would still confuse someone.

Anyway, whenever I'm searching for Neverwinter MMO stuff, I always phrase my search as:

neverwinter -nights

Works most of the time for filtering NWN stuff from DDN.

Its not just about the searching. I don't know anyone irl who actually just calls this game Neverwinter when talking. Its always Neverwinter Online to separate it from Neverwinter Nights.

Personally idc. As someone else said about me: I just like to argue. Sometimes I type it NW and sometimes NWO. But like I mentioned, I always say Neverwinter Online when actually talking. I just can't comprehend why someone would get upset over it (and yes, some people do).
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder what it is in Chinese?:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    don't care

whenever i hear "Neverwinter", I think of NWN

Due to the long existence of the NWN acronym, people are used to associating NeverWinter with NW.
  • Options
    kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, It Neverwinter Online. Because it's an online game. Just like how Tera is call Tera Online. Doesn't matter what everyone say.
  • Options
    t0lkien1t0lkien1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013

*misspelled*
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I happen to like NWO. Seems very fitting.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually from the order of the words on the splash page it's Neverwinter : Dungeons and Dragons
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    lostdrafteelostdraftee Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I get it. This topic is about NWO e.g Neverwinter Online. Or to be precise, it's about how should NWO e.g. Neverwinter Online to be called like.
  • Options
    myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Then it probably bet confused with DDO. Yes, I know that's a whole different setting. But people are people. And it would still confuse someone.

Then perhaps we should let go of acronyms and just call it Neverwinter?
    Its not just about the searching. I don't know anyone irl who actually just calls this game Neverwinter when talking. Its always Neverwinter Online to separate it from Neverwinter Nights.

Personally idc. As someone else said about me: I just like to argue. Sometimes I type it NW and sometimes NWO. But like I mentioned, I always say Neverwinter Online when actually talking. I just can't comprehend why someone would get upset over it (and yes, some people do).

How many people IRL do you know who actually play this game? Just curious. I doubt the sample size is big enough to prove anything about what the majority of people call this game. (Which goes for me also - most of the people I know IRL or have listened to on streams call it Neverwinter.)

In any case, I'll always parse NWO as New World Order, and I'm probably not the only one. So I call this game Neverwinter, and Neverwinter Nights Neverwinter Nights, and I just don't bother with an acronym. :)
  • Options
    evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    they could have called it Forgotton realms online and saved a ton of issues

I'd have preferred this. Besides it making it so old NWN players don't get all upset when they find out this isn't part of that game series It would fit better if they ever decided to make other questing hub cities like Waterdeep or Baulders Gate.

*cough* Or Sigil... *cough cough*
This discussion has been closed.