test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Began lvl 60 pvp and what did I find but OP Control Wizards dominating

azrael39azrael39 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ah game balance. Not since Warhammer Online, which for a time should have been called, "Brightwizard and Sorc Online," have I come across a PVP class as unbalanced as this games Control Wizard.

You give a range damage dealer, all the CC powers in the game and expect that to be balanced.

This was a crucial, crucial error in judgement.

Then you make the combat zones completely open so they can always see you coming.

Finally you allow as many as five of them to queue together without limit.

PVP is all about which team has the most Control Wizards on their team as that class is OP in a player vs. player setting where the CC works as effectively as it did against NPC's.
Post edited by azrael39 on

Comments

• nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get level 60.
  • quoiskyquoisky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get level 60.

...you know there's a problem when your in pvp at lev 30(cleric) via a lev 25 rogue, standing there dancing in front of you while he takes no damage at all and you watch your life bar drain to death! All while he doesn't even cast a spell.

Uninstall until they fix their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    end of story.
  • bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quoisky wrote: »
    ...you know there's a problem when your in pvp at lev 30(cleric) via a lev 25 rogue, standing there dancing in front of you while he takes no damage at all and you watch your life bar drain to death! All while he doesn't even cast a spell.

Uninstall until they fix their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    end of story.
    I know, right ! What where the devs thinking ???How can they not balance 20-29 lvl PVP ??

I am uninstalling too.
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Let's see, first it was TRs that were OP, now it's CWs. Anyone want to claim that DCs are OP or did I miss that post?
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you're kidding right?

no seriously, have you even played the game?

CC is for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in pvp. lasts maybe .5 a second, sometimes resisted totally. damage isn't that great either, with exception maybe of a good crit Ice Strike (daily) that can do about 50% total damage to a weakened target. that's it.

obviously never seen a good rog in action. they can stunlock you forever (literally you can not move or do anything) and kill in 1-2 hits.
  • kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    you're kidding right?

CC is for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in pvp. lasts maybe .5 a second, sometimes resisted totally. damage isn't that great either, with exception maybe of a good crit Ice Strike (daily) that can do about 50% total damage to a weakened target. that's it.

obviously never seen a good rog in action. they can stunlock you forever (literally you can not move or do anything) and kill in 1-2 hits.
    CWs are supposed to be supports not dps'.... Leave the DPS work to the TRs. :p It isn't that CW is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in PvP it is the players playing the CWs think they are some full fledged DPS... So, question for you walk2k have you really played this game? I mean so far you are calling CWs, CCs... lol And TRs rogs... lol...

Also, @topic poster:
    Are you sure you are not playing a TR or GWF going after a CW? TRs are very weak against CWs. Most guides on here say if you are playing a TR or a GWF to stray away from CWs. They are long ranged and you are close ranged.
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    I know, right ! What where the devs thinking ???How can they not balance 20-29 lvl PVP ??

I am uninstalling too.

I got pass lvl 29, game looks different somehow, maybe i should uninstall and read forum instead to see if my perception will change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    ^doesn't know what CC means, corrects others on terms
  • visgangvisgang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    How exactly do you expect to balance a game with 5 playable classes, that are in no way designed to have balance related to any kind of pvp. THERE IS NO BALANCE, nor is there supposed to be.

The very second they try and "balance" any class for pvp its going to damage the function of said classes in the PVE part of the game. Considering the current opinion many people seem to have about the difficulty overcoming the PVE T2 content does anyone even REALLY want them to start tweeking the classes to satisfy balance in PVP?

If you want balance in the pvp part of the game you need to use TEAMWORK. It is the only viable option in finding balance. 1v1 in any combo in this game, besides your own class, is gonna prove to be unbalanced in alot of ways, providing the person at the controls is competent.

I've had my *** just handed to me by GF's in the 50+ bracket on my CW. Juggle stunned and blocked to death. My best option was to run :P, which is really something that annoy's the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me, when you are playing the CC class and your too busy getting up off the ground to cast is makes ya very quickly re-evaluate the popular opinion about GF being garbage......

TR has so many tricks its not really funny, but i have a pimped out lvl 60 TR so i know WTF they are doing and know when to unload on one and kill it providing i can stay alive long enough :P

GWF in the hands of the good player with good gears is not a real peach to deal with either.....

DC is just toast if they are alone, and or not getting proper support from their team.

As walk2k posted above, the CC does not last long enough to matter if it even lands. the only CC i would even consider using is the strangle or the push.

PVP is all about how good the people are, and how much teamwork they employ, not the classes being run.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd much rather go up against a CW than a TR. At least I'd have a chance. However a CW/TR combo... Forget it. Between being hoisted up in the air and being dazed I'm dead in like 2 seconds.
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azrael39 wrote: »
    Ah game balance. Not since Warhammer Online, which for a time should have been called, "Brightwizard and Sorc Online," have I come across a PVP class as unbalanced as this games Control Wizard.

You give a range damage dealer, all the CC powers in the game and expect that to be balanced.

This was a crucial, crucial error in judgement.

Then you make the combat zones completely open so they can always see you coming.

Finally you allow as many as five of them to queue together without limit.

PVP is all about which team has the most Control Wizards on their team as that class is OP in a player vs. player setting where the CC works as effectively as it did against NPC's.

Wait what is this? I just read in another thread a moment ago how Thieves dominate every class all the time. Which one of you are right?
  • kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    visgang wrote: »
    How exactly do you expect to balance a game with 5 playable classes, that are in no way designed to have balance related to any kind of pvp. THERE IS NO BALANCE, nor is there supposed to be.

The very second they try and "balance" any class for pvp its going to damage the function of said classes in the PVE part of the game. Considering the current opinion many people seem to have about the difficulty overcoming the PVE T2 content does anyone even REALLY want them to start tweeking the classes to satisfy balance in PVP?

If you want balance in the pvp part of the game you need to use TEAMWORK. It is the only viable option in finding balance. 1v1 in any combo in this game, besides your own class, is gonna prove to be unbalanced in alot of ways, providing the person at the controls is competent.

I've had my *** just handed to me by GF's in the 50+ bracket on my CW. Juggle stunned and blocked to death. My best option was to run :P, which is really something that annoy's the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me, when you are playing the CC class and your too busy getting up off the ground to cast is makes ya very quickly re-evaluate the popular opinion about GF being garbage......

TR has so many tricks its not really funny, but i have a pimped out lvl 60 TR so i know WTF they are doing and know when to unload on one and kill it providing i can stay alive long enough :P

GWF in the hands of the good player with good gears is not a real peach to deal with either.....

DC is just toast if they are alone, and or not getting proper support from their team.

As walk2k posted above, the CC does not last long enough to matter if it even lands. the only CC i would even consider using is the strangle or the push.

PVP is all about how good the people are, and how much teamwork they employ, not the classes being run.

Thank you for clearing that up! I wish everyone could understand that PvP is TEAM. Aka team work. There is no better class.
  • lasheslashes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *peeks inside ... notices PvPers complaining about class balance ... *yawns*

/rinse repeat in every single MMO ~
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Inspired by and based on 4E D&D, a game which has, in all it's history and all versions, never EVER been about PVP. Go figure Cryp/PWE try to stay faithful to the very specialized roles that classes fill in D&D.

Go play a shooter then you can post on their forums about how unfair every gun someone uses to kill you with is OP and needs a nerf. Seriously, so called PVP'ers spend more time lobbying on forums than actually pwning anything. So tiresome.
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Inspired by and based on 4E D&D, a game which has, in all it's history and all versions, never EVER been about PVP. Go figure Cryp/PWE try to stay faithful to the very specialized roles that classes fill in D&D.

Go play a shooter then you can post on their forums about how unfair every gun someone uses to kill you with is OP and needs a nerf. Seriously, so called PVP'ers spend more time lobbying on forums than actually pwning anything. So tiresome.

Snipers need to be nerf, they kill me without me noticing them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Please post more of these threats as you are only proving your ignorance.

Also please stop spamming zone, say or whispering that your lost is because of an OP class. You are being out played or your team just sucks and doesn't know how the game is won.
  • mightyqu1nnmightyqu1nn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    Most of the issue with folks qq'ing about other clases being OP stem from the fact they are coming in here from other games that have followed the tropes of the current MMO world and are unable to think outside the box. I have a 60 rogue and you know who I get owned by? Good players who dont assume that because they have played a similar class in other games they can rely on the same strategies and the same old pigeon holed roles they are used to...

I have also owned CW's and every other class in the game in pvp, OP whiners especially in a game in its infancy need to either figure out how they can be effective by trying other things rather than saying this class i broken or that class is OP because it doesnt play like my (insert mmo of your choice here) Wizard.

The pvp at 60 is far different from what you experience at 29 or whatever. QQ'rs like this have been responsible for ruining more game balance than that which they whine about.
    Do not interfere in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Also please stop spamming zone, say or whispering that your lost is because of an OP class. You are being out played or your team just sucks and doesn't know how the game is won.

Strong possibility especially when half your team consists of rogue bots. Even leaving the team and trying a couple other times I kept getting grouped with them. May as well just sit at spawn point for 7 minutes and hopefully you're the group leader so can kick them at the last second.
    edited May 2013
    pvp is strictly for teh lulz anyway. I only do it for the daily.
    it's fine because beta. they will work it out.
  • travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    you're kidding right?

Care to explain to all of us how the Rogue stunlocks you "forever", to the point where you can't even move?

To my knowledge, the Rogue has exactly 1 ability that both silences you and prevents movement at the same time (Impact Shot) and that requires them to be in stealth, meaning they can only use it once before waiting for their stealth to recharge. That stun lasts less than 3 seconds.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    I've had the opposite experience as OP. I have a CW and a GF at 60, and I much prefer my GF.
  • doomdayer356doomdayer356 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok either we are playing different games, or most of the people get paid to complain because no other explanation is there for MMO forums.

So let me get this straight:

TR overpowered
    CW overpowered
    GF sucks
    GWF sucks
    DC sucks

Hmm, yeah i have pvped quite a bit on my GWF and also have a TR, my friend has a GF and a DC. With teamwork rogues are food, and CW's are ignored. Rogues are great if they catch you unload you and kill you, as a GWF most of the time i can kill a rogue one on one, lose out on a few because of the users greater skill /gear or of course because of teammates.

CW i do not concern myself with their damage is an annoyance at most times and their ccs are quite annoying but very short lived. You ever played the original NWN then you could talk to me about a sorcerer and then you would know what overpowered meant.

GF are plain out powerful if they have awesome gear and a guy who knows what their doing. They can go toe to toe with most anyone. On the same note if you play a cleric, your job is to stay alive and hope your teammates will do their part in the damage department. Not everyone one is a dps class, why would you roll a cleric and want to outdamage or to 1 on 1 TRs?
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    l2p

Pcccceeeeeee
  • klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Game is not balanced for 1v1.
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok either we are playing different games, or most of the people get paid to complain because no other explanation is there for MMO forums.

So let me get this straight:

TR overpowered
    CW overpowered
    GF sucks
    GWF sucks
    DC sucks

Hmm, yeah i have pvped quite a bit on my GWF and also have a TR, my friend has a GF and a DC. With teamwork rogues are food, and CW's are ignored. Rogues are great if they catch you unload you and kill you, as a GWF most of the time i can kill a rogue one on one, lose out on a few because of the users greater skill /gear or of course because of teammates.

CW i do not concern myself with their damage is an annoyance at most times and their ccs are quite annoying but very short lived. You ever played the original NWN then you could talk to me about a sorcerer and then you would know what overpowered meant.

GF are plain out powerful if they have awesome gear and a guy who knows what their doing. They can go toe to toe with most anyone. On the same note if you play a cleric, your job is to stay alive and hope your teammates will do their part in the damage department. Not everyone one is a dps class, why would you roll a cleric and want to outdamage or to 1 on 1 TRs?

Nope... currently another thread about how OP Clerics are LOL.
  • wtfsoindiewtfsoindie Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    GF is the best pvp class, not even joking.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Lolwut? since when do rogues have a stun? they have daze abilities that lock out our powers but you can still move. now GWF, WE are a stun class, we pwn flat out, 3 hit kill and you are stunned the entire time? yes. whats that you're a GF? good thing i just have to add crescendo to my combo to kill you.
    21.jpg
  • terrorshardterrorshard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is easy to tell what classes are the best. I'd like to see stats on how many of each class are at 60.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    if you want fair 1x1 go play counter strike with only you and your friend with the same weapon
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    This game needs diminishing returns for crowd control abilities. Every pvp game has it.