test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So 5 of 11 have quit since Caturday

Comments

• alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Beta.... mean anything to you? I mean there is a whole new Zone on the near horizon. Plus the official launch hasn't even had a date mentioned. You guys are way ahead of yourselves in this endeavor. Beta, soft-launch is not a time for the Instant Gratification crowd.

My quip of the day: This is not a cup of coffee you get at a doughnut shop. Give it sometime to shake out.
  • abloecabloec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alaric63 wrote: »
    Beta.... mean anything to you? I mean there is a whole new Zone on the near horizon. Plus the official launch hasn't even had a date mentioned. You guys are way ahead of yourselves in this endeavor. Beta, soft-launch is not a time for the Instant Gratification crowd.

My quip of the day: This is not a cup of coffee you get at a doughnut shop. Give it sometime to shake out.

This is exactly why companies think they can get away with this ****. It's open beta(soft launch) whatever you want to call it. It is still beta blah blah blah. When exploits affect the game so much that it totally ruins the economy, they need to rethink about open beta. It's a joke that people are ok with Cryptic soft releasing a game that is so utterly infested with game breaking bugs.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    abloec wrote: »
    This is exactly why companies think they can get away with this ****. It's open beta(soft launch) whatever you want to call it. It is still beta blah blah blah. When exploits affect the game so much that it totally ruins the economy, they need to rethink about open beta. It's a joke that people are ok with Cryptic soft releasing a game that is so utterly infested with game breaking bugs.

I dunno, he kind has a point. He's a bit too forgiving and that's where he starts to look like a shill, but ultimately you can't really argue that it's not in beta. If there IS lasting damage to the economy then that's irrelevant of whether it's beta or not. But you have to back that up with proof.
  • capricornus16capricornus16 Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    :( its so sad uhh
  • cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    I am sure a lot have quit after that since there was already enough issues with the game not even being addressed.
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lost at least 4 people since the rollback. They just never signed back on.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »
    I fully expect that unless they start releasing new content quickly and regularly - and NOT just new stuff for the Zen store - this game will be nothing more than noobs, fanboi's and farmers in less than a year.

The economy is already so far out of whack that it may never recover. That's one important part of game longevity nowadays... a robust economy is important.

I think you'll see alot more people leaving as they hit 60 with mulitple characters and realize... oh wait... there's nothing to do... and nothing to look forward too...
    MWO releases new content(Mechs/Maps) about once every 3 months. it has 0 story its just run out and fight.

You know like the PvP section here. It's been whining the same as you guys are now but for almost a year now.
    Second verse same as the first!
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    but not many people play the foundry quests until 60 any more. coming out of an hours play give or take with 2-4 pinks and basically no loot, and a chest that doesnt even give equipment matching your class is inefficient while leveling, not to mention discouraging. i dont quite have 60 yet but 2 guys are close, one is useless class though so Ill say i have one pushin 60 & I wont touch the foundry until she hits 60. I havent touched the foundry since they killed nay xp for it, I used to use it to check out new quests and get half a level or most of a level in between zones or on new characters and sometimes it was alittle faster sometimes slower than vanilla questing b ut at least even on the slower quests it still gave me something back then and I didnt just completely lose my drive and exit the instance and go back to questing like those first couple of times after the nerf. I loved blood and sand, and witch hammer, did those, hidden blade and a cuple of others i cant remember any more on new toons but not since about 8 or9 days into launch though. you could spend days making a quest, and have about a dozen people playing it, if thats what floats yer boat fine, I never bothered putting my ideas into foundry though since even i wont play it more thna once , let alone nayone else.

I find at level 60 doing foundries is a great way to get gold since my cleric burns through potions in dungeons I need some way of replenishing them. Also nice that if I do 4 a day I get some AD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enziet1enziet1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I've seen playing this game, and what I've heard here in the forums and in game. I will be joining all of those people that have left this game. I gave it a shot and just can't get past how grubby Perfect World is. DDO had friggen regular ole potions in their in cash shop.

This game is no better. 40 bucks for a digital mount. No... that is WAY to much. And on the founders pack??? OVER 700 in Content!!! Yeah sure at your standards which is WAY over priced. More like they didn't want to say spend 200 bucks. You'll get a stick up the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Thx anyways. Was interesting for awhile. I gave it a shot but until this game sells off to another company (it probably wont) I wont be playing it or any other PW / Cryptic game as per usual.
  • th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    enziet1 wrote: »
    DDO had friggen regular ole potions in their in cash shop.

This game is no better. 40 bucks for a digital mount. No... that is WAY to much. And on the founders pack??? OVER 700 in Content!!! Yeah sure at your standards which is WAY over priced. More like they didn't want to say spend 200 bucks. You'll get a stick up the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Thx anyways. Was interesting for awhile. I gave it a shot but until this game sells off to another company (it probably wont) I wont be playing it or any other PW / Cryptic game as per usual.

Lmao! There are way too many <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with a bunch of money who would, without thinking waste 40$ on a dumb cash mount and also this game promote Pay2Win. They even have Zen, Astral Diamond converters ffs.

What better way to win money than to grant true "freedom" the freedom to buy your way out.
  • notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope the game doesn't go under but I'll admit the signs aren't great.

I think part of the problem is also a generational one. The current gen seem to live in a 'now' society with instant everything brought on by mobile phones, credit cards, the internet, faster download speeds, IM, facebook etc. People seem to have way less patience than they used to so I doubt any game, especially an MMO will be able to keep up with how quickly kids loose interest and get bored.

If MMOs existed 30 years ago this game would have been a massive hit, regardless of bugs and flaws etc. In the days of pen and paper D&D it could take years for a character to hit level 30. Now people are bored if they can't max their toons in the head start weekened. :eek:
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People bringing up Foundry content have to realize that besides story, there is no reason for a player to do that content. Heck, I level at 1/3rd the speed of standard content on my alt, who I am leveling only by Foundry alone. And as far as end-game? There is literally no advancement reason to do Foundry content in any way, shape or form. Stories are great, but you can run with friends in standard content and get an upgrade item... or run a Foundry quest and get zilch, except a possible story experience (which may or may not be good, depending).

I honestly think this is where Cryptic "dropped the ball" - people are asking for content. They leave because there is none. If Foundry offered rewards commensurate with official content, that would literally solve the problem. In fact, that was Cryptic's mission statement as regards UGC. It's pretty far off track, so it's not going to keep people around.

Those who do stuff "just for the story" are pretty much the minority, so don't think that will be the sole thing that gets people to play a quest. It's a big, big plus, don't get me wrong; but to bring it back to DnD terms, if you had a great DM but were told you'd get no treasure or XP for running a mod... Honestly, would you want to play that campaign?

As far as the number of players playing, I'm in a guild with 320 members, about half of which are alts. As far as I can see, half of the members haven't logged in for the last week. That's not the death of the game, I'm not promoting doom and gloom. This happens with this type of game; it's new and shiny. People flock to it, get tired, and move on. Content update comes out (probably Module 1), and we'll see players come back for a bit.
  • sablelore015sablelore015 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes my entire group retired from this game, I now sit alone in the market making crafts and selling them because I can not solo in the solo game no more LOL!!! :)
    "If your not having fun, Then stop doing it"

"Life is not mandatory, life is what you make it"
  • abloecabloec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope the game doesn't go under but I'll admit the signs aren't great.

I think part of the problem is also a generational one. The current gen seem to live in a 'now' society with instant everything brought on by mobile phones, credit cards, the internet, faster download speeds, IM, facebook etc. People seem to have way less patience than they used to so I doubt any game, especially an MMO will be able to keep up with how quickly kids loose interest and get bored.

If MMOs existed 30 years ago this game would have been a massive hit, regardless of bugs and flaws etc. In the days of pen and paper D&D it could take years for a character to hit level 30. Now people are bored if they can't max their toons in the head start weekened. :eek:

I agree to a certain degree with the generational comment. Thing you didn't mention is games have become lax as well. I played UO, EQ for multiple years. Problem with most games is they do not have the content to support months of leveling. I remember lvling my first character in WoW, it took months. Now it takes around a week, games are changing as well.

I seriously doubt this game would be a huge hit 30 years ago with exploits that ruin the economy of the game. Also the fact that you claim people will be bored if they can't max their toons in the headstart weekend is alil bit ignorant. The issue I find with the game is I leveled to fast and have completed all the content in the game.
  • aepervius1972aepervius1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    It is difficult to say if people are going away or not as there are no official statistic.

There is an unofficial one from xfire :
    http://www.xfire.com/games/nw

Naturally it selects only the people having the xfire client on their PC.

Nonetheless it is obvious from that statistic that from the max people which started in the open beta (ETA and have xfire installed), about half are gone now.

Whether that can be extrapolated to the whole game is open. Only PWE/Cryptic knows.
    edited June 2013
    I think the generational comment is slightly off.

If this game was released years ago there wouldn't have been the same competition, at the end of the day they're ALL competing for the same space and very little has changed.

In terms of monetization they'd have been going up vs a sub model as a f2p, they'd have TROUNCED World of Warcraft with that alone, but they wouldn't have been allowed to more than likely. Nowadays they're competing with games like LoL, Path of Exile etc, free to play games that don't really cross the cosmetic/boosts to gains border when it comes to cash shop items. Stating that "it's a mmorpg so it's different" seems like a bad way of rationalizing it too. People just don't see it like that.

People also are less tolerant of archaic design, as games become more and more mainstream and popular, developers including outdated systems are criticized for not staying up to date, and I think this is a fair critique. While I'm forgiving toward familiar systems being rehashed and reused when it comes to controls or UI, when I see one game keeping a design aspect which nearly every other game of it's genre has begun to move away from, I always ask myself "why on earth are these guys behind"
    Looting in this game is archaic and grouping is full of loopholes that are WELL known among other things. These are things we should know how to get around due to the fact OTHER games have made these mistakes, why did no one learn from them? :/
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    assassin83 wrote: »
    My guild had 250 member before the exploit.

We have 350 now.

Of which 15 online at any given time correct ?
  • naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    Whether that can be extrapolated to the whole game is open. Only PWE/Cryptic knows.

Game is looking good then. When an Open Beta starts lots of players give the game a try, some of those will not like the game (even if its bug and exploit free) and stop playing. Keeping 50% is not bad.

I have tried a lot of F2P games when they become available to the general public (i.e. start Open Beta or Launch) and there are a fair number that I stopped playing after 2-3 weeks.
  • ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pretty irresponsible to create a thread that states five of eleven have quit the game since caturday when you are basing that statistic of one guild. The title of your post implies that there is something very wrong with the game when in fact it is your guild that is the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
    edited June 2013
    ovaltine74 wrote: »
    Pretty irresponsible to create a thread that states five of eleven have quit the game since caturday when you are basing that statistic of one guild. The title of your post implies that there is something very wrong with the game when in fact it is your guild that is the problem.

Which is why the op's post was in fact, a question.
  • watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    we had around 340 active members before AH exploit and now we are down to about 50 actives. since then i have even quit and dont plan on coming back even if there was a HUGE overhaul of the game completely. for me the experience was ruined and tainted. very few streamers anymore also. game has lost a huge amount of population obviously. only ones left are those who just play solo and those to young to understand what went on.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ovaltine74 wrote: »

Well the irresponsible part is a maybe. Of course, it is no worse or better than saying the problem is with his guild. Especially with all the problems the game has.
  • osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People are complaining about content...but I really find joy in making characters. I havent gotten everyone to 60 yet, and I havent maximized gear, I havent completed each dungeon yet. I could imagine if people only have a part time job and have loads of free time they spend on the game they would be bored, play the market or wait for content.

The next content update will have a new area, a raid dungeon, new pvp(if I understood correctly) as well as new paragon paths, a new class rather soon, soooo, yeah lots to look forward to in my eyes.
  • xaciusxacius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    Basically, they need more content. The problem is...the leveling is fast as hell, which isn't a bad thing but you have to have enough content to support a super fast leveling curve at end game, which...they do IF...there wasn't the mass amount of exploits that ran rabid. Between the 1-shotting GF bug that basically flooded the market with T1-T2 epics within a week period, chest exploits, broken sets, etc etc..then Caturday...and the list just keeps going..everything was preety much blown through in a matter of a week and flooded on the market making it so everyone can just bypass content and gear up no questions asked..and now...it's roll an alt or hang out. Now you couple on the fact that the ONLY thing they have done since launch...this is NOT a BETA...is fix the launcher 22 times, fix account errors 22 times after they fix the launcher, fix the exploits they knew about for months...and pump the zen store full of stuff...they have done NOTHING content wise or class wise and who knows when they will.

On that note..only thing I'm doing is getting my chars to 60...pvp geared up and running enough T1 dungeons to hit the T2 GS cap..which again is stupid...then rolling another alt. I enjoy the game..but Cryptic is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> themselves...badly....
    edited June 2013
    osadamask wrote: »
    People are complaining about content...but I really find joy in making characters. I havent gotten everyone to 60 yet, and I havent maximized gear, I havent completed each dungeon yet. I could imagine if people only have a part time job and have loads of free time they spend on the game they would be bored, play the market or wait for content.

The next content update will have a new area, a raid dungeon, new pvp(if I understood correctly) as well as new paragon paths, a new class rather soon, soooo, yeah lots to look forward to in my eyes.

Your specific and somewhat subjective preferences mean that you can somewhat circumvent the issues, and haven't encountered others yet. You then suggest people give up and start playing "neverwinter tycoon: 2013"

And I'm sure those positives will cause a slight upturn in activity and thus everyone will declare "It is now a super popular game" despite the fact that really it's not in comparison to other games not specific to the genre.

End of the day, the disparity between the f2p games, seems to be based on their monetization as opposed to their genre.
  • mageor0lmageor0l Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Oh nice, the forum is now in the "my guild lost x members, is the game doomed?" phase.
    Hopefully we will have a nice start with about 3000 threads to be up on par with the (insert any multiplayergame released in the last 10 years here) forum!
    It's nice to see something new and refreshing after the "No wipe: game will be dead in 3 weeks", "Wipe poll" and "Devs ignoring the majority of the communtiy: in regard to poll" threads.

I'm somewhat shocked and amused at the same time. Every gameforum spawning the same breed of threads since 10 years now.

It is hilarious how this forum EXACTLY mirrors the Diablo 3 official forum... "Wipe or game dead" threads after the first dupe incident, "wipe polls" all over the place, "Devs ignoring the majority" threads (from people who don't understand that the majority of a forum-poll is a tiny tiny tiny part of the playerbase). And the "so and so many of my friends/friendlist/guild left, game dead?" threads...
    Btw D3 has an average of 2 million players per day.

Honestly guys, do you use some kind of blueprints for your post? It would certainly make things easier. Not so much typing to flood different game forums with the same thread, just easy copy&paste.

I will give you food for another type of thread which is needed in EVERY good gameforum.

OH MY GOD look at this guys. Played hours on xfire are basically in free fall. GAME WILL BE DEAD IN 2 WEEKS

Can someone pls create a thread? This forum simply can't compete with other gameforums without a xfire related game will be dead in 2 weeks thread.
  • watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mageor0l wrote: »
    Oh nice, the forum is now in the "my guild lost x members, is the game doomed?" phase.
    Hopefully we will have a nice start with about 3000 threads to be up on par with the (insert any multiplayergame released in the last 10 years here) forum!
    It's nice to see something new and refreshing after the "No wipe: game will be dead in 3 weeks", "Wipe poll" and "Devs ignoring the majority of the communtiy: in regard to poll" threads.

I'm somewhat shocked and amused at the same time. Every gameforum spawning the same breed of threads since 10 years now.

It is hilarious how this forum EXACTLY mirrors the Diablo 3 official forum... "Wipe or game dead" threads after the first dupe incident, "wipe polls" all over the place, "Devs ignoring the majority" threads (from people who don't understand that the majority of a forum-poll is a tiny tiny tiny part of the playerbase). And the "so and so many of my friends/friendlist/guild left, game dead?" threads...

Honestly guys, do you use some kind of blueprints for your post? It would certainly make things easier. Not so much typing to flood different game forums with the same thread, just easy copy&paste.

I will give you food for another type of thread which is needed in EVERY good gameforum.

OH MY GOD look at this guys. Played hours on xfire are basically in free fall. GAME WILL BE DEAD IN 2 WEEKS

Can someone pls create a thread? This forum simply can't compete with other gameforums without a xfire related game will be dead in 2 weeks thread.

uh with the way EVERY thread post on these forums are and the lack of informative communication by devs and many many many exploits still ingame and new zen content constantly added instead of proper fixes id say the game is already dead and just waiting on others to realize it.
    edited June 2013
    mageor0l wrote: »

You're right! guess we should not even HAVE a forum at all

I vote we remove it entirely and merely have the news handled via the main page or launcher. That way there's just no discussion about the game in any potentially official manner.

edit: Oh and D3 went through some MAJOR overhauls which helped to get it back on track, if they hadn't then given the massive backlash I'm pretty sure it would have turned out differently
  • j0rdan99j0rdan99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im not sure on the whole, but guild im co-leader in, went from 10 online to 2. Kinda disappointing.
  • sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    I dont know what the fuzz is about. People proclaim doomsday for NW even though its still in Beta.

We should be happy they have released as much as they have for an open Beta, and that there will be no character whens when the real release comes. People also say the economy is *** backwards etc. I havent noticed anything myself. I've leveled 2 60s and been able to buy gear on AH worth close to or just above 10k GS on each, costing me less than 200k per set. This is inluding set pieces, accessories, weapons and gems. Only thing missing are armor and weapon specific gems.

Game needs more endgame, but it's Beta so it will comes. What we have now is most likely the basic world, we will get more zones and more of everything.

The key word is Open Beta, no other Open Beta MMO as far as I can remember have let you keep character on official release, neither have they let you level to max level or travel every zone, or roll every race/class during beta.

I'm glad I can have the time to level all alts I like before the full release and play the toons I like when the time comes, and be able to level the new class(es) on release.